Can WDW Cast Members Relate to Undercover Boss

RiversideBunny

Original Poster
Last night the TV show 'Undercover Boss' was about the CEO of a group of family theme parks. In that show several employees of the parks were featured along with their backgrounds and their approach to the work, including some problems.
I couldn't help wondering if the CM's at WDW who happened to watch it could relate to the employees of those parks. Similar situations?

Tks.
:)

dixiegirl

Last night the TV show 'Undercover Boss' was about the CEO of a group of family theme parks. In that show several employees of the parks were featured along with their backgrounds and their approach to the work, including some problems.
I couldn't help wondering if the CM's at WDW who happened to watch it could relate to the employees of those parks. Similar situations?

Tks.

Too funny...I was watching that show last night and saying the same thing to my hubby...."They really should do something like that."...I think they would be very surprised at what they would find..From all around....I was curious how long it would before there was a post about that show here....(Gotta say I've never heard of that theme park considering they were saying how its the number one theme park??, Yes I know I shun all other parks because there is only Disneyworld for me!!)

Tigger#1

Ok Me Again
I found the park name Herschend Family Entertainment.
Now I have a question. When I see these places getting awards for friendlest, cleanest or best shows I can't help but wonder if the person making these choices has ever been to Disney.
We have a local park that advertises that they were voted the cleanest and friendlest park in the world ahead of Disney.:eek:
I have been there it doesn't compare in any way to Disney and as for friendly people most of thiers are only there for a summer job. Most of the CM I have met are with Disney for more than a paycheck.:xmas:

_Scar

Ok Me Again
I found the park name Herschend Family Entertainment.
Now I have a question. When I see these places getting awards for friendlest, cleanest or best shows I can't help but wonder if the person making these choices has ever been to Disney.
We have a local park that advertises that they were voted the cleanest and friendlest park in the world ahead of Disney.:eek:
I have been there it doesn't compare in any way to Disney and as for friendly people most of thiers are only there for a summer job. Most of the CM I have met are with Disney for more than a paycheck.:xmas:

I think those awards pay attention more to the under dogs. Just like the Academy Awards don't usually give awards to the big blockbusters that make hundreds of millions, they pay attention to the films you may or may not recognize. :shrug: But still, just a guess.

Wilt Dasney

I watched the show last night. They featured Stone Mountain Park outside of Atlanta and Silver Dollar City in Branson, Mo.

There was also a steam ship with dinner (and a show?) that I believe was in or near Branson, and some indoor area that I wasn't paying enough attention to catch the location of. :lol:

It was very interesting, though. Some very touching stories, like the kid who was trying to take a full load at college and work 40 hours a week, and the 3rd shift street cleaner who had lost his house.

RiversideBunny

Original Poster
I thought that the part where they had to unstack the strollers and keep the stroller rental area stocked was interesting. They had single strollers and double strollers. Sound familiar?

ChrisStephenHP

There was also a steam ship with dinner (and a show?) that I believe was in or near Branson, and some indoor area that I wasn't paying enough attention to catch the location of. :lol:

That was the aquarium in Camden, NJ. :ROFLOL:

Also, only one park can claim cleanest & friendliest in the world the past many years, and that is Holiday World & Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, IN. Check the Golden Ticket awards if you doubt.

Tigger#1

I don't doubt they won the award or they couldn't advertise it I just want to know who they paid off? I have been to the park more times than I can count and yes it is a lot nicer than Six Flags but come on cleaner and friendlier than Disney:shrug:
I am not the only one around here that feels confused when they hear this.

coolmark18

Im not sure Disney would be quite so willing to have its negatives with employees exposed.

Ive also heard that this show (along with the other Producers show; The Secret Millionaire) is very staged. The people the CEOs bump into with their stories/rudeness/dedication are sought out by producers well before the show is filmed. Its very much scripted.

MagliteL13

The show is about executives who don't spend enough time on the frontlines and in their place of business. I can't begin to even count the number of times I've seen Phil Holmes in the park, or the other VPs.

Same with Iger. I ran into him working at Jungle and all I remember was him picking up a cup off the ground to throw it away.

I was sitting in Tower Control and Rilous (studios VP) came in and hung out for a few minutes.

I feel as if the Disney execs aren't as out of touch as some of these other companies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom