Can something be done about people using words of swear?

correcaminos

View attachment 567144this is usually me trying to watch my mouth while at disney world 😜
Mine are kind of Mother Fuuuh. God -- Blessed. Furner furner etc. But yes, pretty much it! When not near many I don't worry as much ;)

try to shelter their kids from vulgar words, they are going to fail. After a few days in school or attending a sporting event or at a playground, theyre bound to something and repeat it... even if the parent explains the term and why it shouldnt be spoken... kids told to dont
Or my kid hears it from me at home. So yeah... that happens. Before people judge, I'm well educated, not stupid per test scores and yes, I swear up a storm. I'm actually a religious person too, but sometimes we just exist. So far my 13yo hasn't repeated yet, but sure some day he will. He knows my rules and words are not his own ;)

eliza61nyc

okay on the off chance that this is serious.....

I have never been a big fan of trying to "shield" children from stuff. mainly because it never works. so why not just use it as a teachable moment. simply say, if they did hear it that, that's not a very nice word and we do not use it in this family.

for most kids, it's not a big deal until they see the parents make a big deal out of it

mf1972

just found some hidden camera surveillance capturing the guest who used the alleged “C” word. i couldn’t post the audio due to forum rules so…here u go…
2D5AC89D-21F4-4353-B405-4D7DCADEE024.gif

Beacon Joe

At first I thought you meant THE C word.

And then that word did not work with the context clues.

Then I figured out we were talking about the kindergarten word of cuss "crap".

And finally I realized I had been trolled, cleverly. Well done mate.

View attachment 567089

It's a really well done troll, so I applaud the OP.

Though, contextually, you're probably right about the word of swear that was viciously hurled in the park, I'm going to start using another c-invective to round out "you're full of..." as my preferred word of swear from now on because it's so jarring and bizarre.

Pepper's Ghost

Thank you! I couldn't for the life of me figure out what word it was supposed to be and I say nearly all of them - even at Disney, though not loudly there.

I do give myself props for holding back swear words when my foot was run over. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a really cute little girl and held all the foul language back. The dad with her was smiling knowing full well what I did and commended me on what I did out of respect for his kid. Though he said he'd have let them fly. Made me laugh. If it had been just my own, the words would not have been held back 🤣
Cussing.gif

graphite1326

You seem to be talking about the C-word as opposed to “crap”, which is what the OP meant. As a British man, and one not averse to swearing, let me say that, even in British English, the actual C-word is still up there with the F-word in terms of offensiveness and most certainly shouldn’t be used or tolerated within earshot of children.
and what words would that be?

Beacon Joe

and what words would that be?

I believe the word to which he was referring was "cobblers." I don't think it was the other word, since that is formally used as a mild adjective or to indicate minor irritation or even brotherly affection. But my linguistic knowledge of the British Isles was gleaned in Glasgow over a few bottles of Bucky, so maybe its use varies elsewhere in Britain. 😁

LittleBuford

I believe the word to which he was referring was "cobblers." I don't think it was the other word, since that is formally used as a mild adjective or to indicate minor irritation or even brotherly affection. But my linguistic knowledge of the British Isles was gleaned in Glasgow over a few bottles of Bucky, so maybe its use varies elsewhere in Britain. 😁
I mean, are we really going to pretend that that word is OK around children just because certain British men use it as a mild expletive?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom