Can something be done about people using words of swear?

jloucks

At first I thought you meant THE C word.

And then that word did not work with the context clues.

Then I figured out we were talking about the kindergarten word of cuss "crap".

And finally I realized I had been trolled, cleverly. Well done mate.

GoodTroll.gif

mf1972

unless the guest got directly in your face & started screaming every cuss word in the book, there’s nothing disney could do. as mentioned, u can bring your complaint to customer service, but you’re more likely to receive a sugar coated (pixie dust) answer. best bet is to cover your ears, move along, & try not to let it bother u & your family.

Pepper's Ghost

Ah, so you see, the problem with your complaint is that it occurred in the American pavilion, where free speech is one of our most treasured freedoms. Had you witnessed this in another pavilion, they might have been able to do something about it. I'll take a stab at how this could've been handled in various pavilions:
  • American pavilion - nothing can be done due to free speech, and the fact this really is not odd behavior here
  • Germany pavilion - probably would've been reprimanded very curtly, but still a free country (notice I used the word "curt"... not the word you're offended by.)
  • Japan pavilion - everyone would've gathered around to take pictures of the crazy American
  • China pavilian - not completely sure due to lack of transparency, but I think the offender would've been whisked away and locked away for a long time
  • UK pavilion - security would've put their arm around the guy, and stumbled into a pub swearing at each other
All in good fun of course. 🤣🤪

Pepper's Ghost

I ask my children had they heard what the man had say. They did not so I had to explain what was said
I think this is the dumbest thing I've ever read/heard from a parent. So, if your children had never witnessed a murder.....
If your children didn't hear the swear , why would you tell them what it was 🤔.
Not defending the use of profanity in such a place in any way , shape or form.
Great job calling this out. I misread it the first time.

correcaminos

At first I thought you meant THE C word.

And then that word did not work with the context clues.

Then I figured out we were talking about the kindergarten word of cuss "crap".

And finally I realized I had been trolled, cleverly. Well done mate.

View attachment 567089
Thank you! I couldn't for the life of me figure out what word it was supposed to be and I say nearly all of them - even at Disney, though not loudly there.

I do give myself props for holding back swear words when my foot was run over. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a really cute little girl and held all the foul language back. The dad with her was smiling knowing full well what I did and commended me on what I did out of respect for his kid. Though he said he'd have let them fly. Made me laugh. If it had been just my own, the words would not have been held back 🤣

LittleBuford

Everyone has different standards. Only a few words are universally despised. I've known British chaps to use the "C" word as a common expletive or rejoinder. One has to learn to accept - and tolerate - the behavior of others in the modern society. Otherwise, start traveling with a fainting couch and a supply of smelling salts for whenever you're offended.
You seem to be talking about the C-word as opposed to “crap”, which is what the OP meant. As a British man, and one not averse to swearing, let me say that, even in British English, the actual C-word is still up there with the F-word in terms of offensiveness and most certainly shouldn’t be used or tolerated within earshot of children.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You seem to be talking about the C-word as opposed to “crap”, which is what the OP meant. As a British man, and one is not averse to swearing, let me say that, even in British English, the actual C-word is still up there with the F-word in terms of offensiveness and most certainly shouldn’t be used or tolerated within earshot of children.
I would place the big C top of the list of offensive swears. The F word is not even in the same league anymore.

ppete1975

if it bothered you that much your husband should have said something... but the particular c word you are referring to is kind of common in todays vernacular. IF i hear A word like that i ignore it... now if im in an environment (baseball game, parade) where there are lots of kids and someone repeatedly uses vulgar language and you cant really avoid them i will turn around and nicely say "hey i know we are all just having fun but there are alot of kids and families around, can you tone down the language a little bit" the funny thing you will notice is that everyone around you wanted to say something but didnt.. but as soon as someone does, the entire section is now behind you and against this person..

but one word? you will hear worse on television

mf1972

Thank you! I couldn't for the life of me figure out what word it was supposed to be and I say nearly all of them - even at Disney, though not loudly there.

I do give myself props for holding back swear words when my foot was run over. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a really cute little girl and held all the foul language back. The dad with her was smiling knowing full well what I did and commended me on what I did out of respect for his kid. Though he said he'd have let them fly. Made me laugh. If it had been just my own, the words would not have been held back 🤣
341FB4E6-5914-4590-802B-4A3451BF1903.gif
this is usually me trying to watch my mouth while at disney world 😜

JIMINYCR

Reality is that no matter how these parents try to shelter their kids from vulgar words, they are going to fail. After a few days in school or attending a sporting event or at a playground, theyre bound to something and repeat it... even if the parent explains the term and why it shouldnt be spoken... kids told to dont do it will do it. You cant avoid kids picking up all sorts of things from peers or those around them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom