Can my fiance go on the rides?

JenniLynne14391

Original Poster
My fiance and I are planning to go to Disney for our honeymoon. He has never been so I want him to really enjoy it. He's 6'6 and about 300 lbs, with 32 inch legs. He is looking forward to the rides and I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any rides he won't be able to do other than the obvious (Space Mountain).

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
My fiance and I are planning to go to Disney for our honeymoon. He has never been so I want him to really enjoy it. He's 6'6 and about 300 lbs, with 32 inch legs. He is looking forward to the rides and I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any rides he won't be able to do other than the obvious (Space Mountain).

I'm 6'3", and about 40 pounds lighter. I've never had any real issues on the rides (and I have ridden SM). He's going to feel cramped though, no doubt about it, and his patience may wear thin on some of the rides where the line backs up (IASW, Splash, Three Caballeros, etc.).:wave:

Tinkerbell 8

My fiance isn't as tall as your fiance, but he is about the same weight. As much as I can remember, he has never had an issue with a ride, yeah sometimes its a little tight, especially on rides where the two people share a single lap bar, because i'm so much smaller than him, he pulls it as tight as possible so i don't fly out of something. Even though i'm sure that after what I put him through in the parks, he might sometimes wish I would fly off a ride :D

plaz10

At Disney...he should be fine. May be a little cramped here and there but should be able to get on every ride - yes.

At Universal...not so much. He would not be able to ride the new HP Forbidden Journey. Not sure about other rides.

tizzo

I'm 6'3", 240. Astro Orbiter (as has already been mentioned) is out for me, so definitely for him. Space Mountain and Big Thunder are just-barely for me, so he might want to think twice about those as well.

I'm trying to think of other rides where I'm uncomfortable, or just-barely comfortable, and I actually can't come up with anything. In general, Disney is relatively accommodating for those of us who are what I choose to think of as "normal sized".

mickeysshoes

My DH is larger and rides both SM and BTR with not problems!!! He can so and ride it all at WDW!!! Have not fear your honey will be just fine!!!

bjlc57

Winnie the Poo is OUT.. unless he wants to put his knees in the next car , or stuff them in his mouth , while riding..

I am 6'5" and 300 plus.. and no I am not telling the plus..

we rode every thing.. but I thought that I was going to die on Winnie the poo..

you just don't fit.. anywhere on that ride..

juniorthomas

I've seen taller people on most of the rides and they still seem to have plenty of fun. Let him know that the bar that passes overhead on Space Mountain wont hit his head, no matter how close he thinks it comes.

And, naturally, have an amazing time when you go!

tizzo

I've seen taller people on most of the rides and they still seem to have plenty of fun. Let him know that the bar that passes overhead on Space Mountain wont hit his head, no matter how close he thinks it comes.

Are you sure?? Because I'm positive it comes with a quarter inch of my head, and I'm 3" shorter than this guy!

I duck every single time, I just can't stop myself.

mickeysshoes

the only thing he might want to ask at some rides is can he be placed in a row that has the most leg room. The CM will adjsut placement to give him the best row for his size. MU DH has learned or the years which rows on the row now just by asking and never has issues. IE..he would want the front seat of a car on SM and Pooh!!

mickeyjak

You can ask any CM at all the rides to let you sit in the car they have "hidden" away for tall and larger folks. You can try this first before you wait in line. This would save you the time of waiting in lines then to only find out you can not fit. Saves the frustration and time.

Good luck and have fun.

Kamikaze

Are you sure?? Because I'm positive it comes with a quarter inch of my head, and I'm 3" shorter than this guy!

I duck every single time, I just can't stop myself.

You can put your hands straight up and you won't hit any track - besides at the tunnels.

TiggersPooh

You can ask any CM at all the rides to let you sit in the car they have "hidden" away for tall and larger folks. You can try this first before you wait in line. This would save you the time of waiting in lines then to only find out you can not fit. Saves the frustration and time.

Good luck and have fun.

Most attractions do not have a test seat at Disney...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom