Cameron has given the OK ...

Taylor

Ok I got to admit I haven't been reading this whole thread I'm balancing this and homework right now so this may have been said, so I assume the motorbike style coaster will be built and not Soarin over pandora since Cameron has given the green light?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No, Avatarland being announced, or even build, does not mean that those who said 'it's 100% certain' were right and those who said 'it's uncertain at this moment' were wrong.
I agree...the very fact that Cameron just now has given the OK means that it wasn't a 100 % done deal until now.

bubbles1812

Ok I got to admit I haven't been reading this whole thread I'm balancing this and homework right now so this may have been said, so I assume the motorbike style coaster will be built and not Soarin over pandora since Cameron has given the green light?
Doubt it :( Would expect the Soarin' over Pandora ride as the "E ticket" as it's the cheaper of the two to build. And then I assume some smaller attraction like the zoo or something. I wish for the bike coaster though. A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Oh, I am not gonna believe it myself until I see construction. My news was simply that there was an agreement on what both sides want to build ... now, we sit and wait and see if they build it.

Since one attraction may be repurposed in HKDL, I can see it more as a likelihood. But no guarantees.

Of course, it would help justify those HUGE price increaeses planned for 2013.:D

Why do you think this makes it more of a likelihood? Just because they'll have more money available because rather than building a new ride, they are just repurposing I assume?

WDW1974

Original Poster
do you take that as..at least a decent starting point?

Considering what WDW got from 2000-2012, the answer would most definitely be a yes.
If everything on the boards for the Studios comes through and if some of the rumors for EPCOT (nothing solid, nothing I'm willing to put out now) as well, things will be looking very nice at WDW ... at the end of the decade.

Taylor

And after hearing this even though I'm a proponent for pandora it makes me nervous about the budgets for the new DHS additions even though 74 is confident about both projects happening it seems

Ignohippo

Does anyone who has seen the plans know if it looks like they're leaving room for a later expansion of the bike coaster?

It seems to me that the smart way to proceed (and a way to compromise with Cameron) would be to wait and see how the sequels are received before going ahead with it.

A Soarin' 2.0 and stroll through Pandora may not sound very spectacular to us Disney geeks, but I doubt the average guest will care. Either Avatar appeals to you or it doesn't. As long as they build a convincing environment, I doubt it'll matter. They could build the coaster as part of Avatar 2.0 if it's deemed successful enough.

M.rudolf

Does anyone who has seen the plans know if it looks like they're leaving room for a later expansion of the bike coaster?

It seems to me that the smart way to proceed (and a way to compromise with Cameron) would be to wait and see how the sequels are received before going ahead with it.

A Soarin' 2.0 and stroll through Pandora may not sound very spectacular to us Disney geeks, but I doubt the average guest will care. Either Avatar appeals to you or it doesn't. As long as they build a convincing environment, I doubt it'll matter. They could build the coaster as part of Avatar 2.0 if it's deemed successful enough.
It doesn't look like it to me but I'm not an engineer or draftsman

Magenta Panther

Oh, I am not gonna believe it myself until I see construction. My news was simply that there was an agreement on what both sides want to build ... now, we sit and wait and see if they build it.

Since one attraction may be repurposed in HKDL, I can see it more as a likelihood. But no guarantees.

Of course, it would help justify those HUGE price increaeses planned for 2013.:D

Not to me it wouldn't. I'd pay more for Mysterious Island, Beastly Kingdomme, an Epic Mickey dark ride, a Mary Poppins musical show, an uber-plussed Peter Pan's Flight, or even a repaired Yeti (since I never got to see it in A-mode in person). But Avatar? HAH! If TDO charges extra for THAT, consider me priced out of the market.

Considering what WDW got from 2000-2012, the answer would most definitely be a yes.
If everything on the boards for the Studios comes through and if some of the rumors for EPCOT (nothing solid, nothing I'm willing to put out now) as well, things will be looking very nice at WDW ... at the end of the decade.

Rumors of EPCOT, only if it was solid enough to release. My heart is beating faster. I hate AVATAR the movie , but if the Bike coaster comes, I promise I wont care about it being themed to AVATAR, would rather have TRON, but not complaining if we get the new ride system.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Speaking of that announcement, don't you think it's odd to put out an announcement during voting week? Wouldn't it just get lost in news to the general public?

No. Not at all.

A theme park expansion isn't in the same league as a Presidential election. One won't take anything away from the other because one is of actual importance to everyone, while the other ... isn't.

WDW1974

Original Poster
All true I saw blueprints yesterday evening 2 rides one soarin 2.0 othe not sure yet. This is the second set I've seen compared to the first this is a letdown

So, the stuff has been spreading thru multiple channels?

How come you didn't let the other kids know?:)

alissafalco

Thank you so much for the info Spirit! Lets see how long it takes for wannab@dis & countrybearfan to come stalk you and try to derail this thread.

At any rate, I was originally opposed to anything Avatar being built. The idea is growing on me only because I desperately want something new built.

Lee

Adventurer
Just an additional point or two...

The plans for the basic buildings and ride systems seem to be pretty firmly in place as of about two weeks ago.
However, beyond that, the rest of Pandora is still "Under Development". This coming over a year after the initial agreement. So, there is still much design work to be done.

From what I'm hearing, the project has been moving at a snails pace (at best) up until now. Something happened that broke the stalemate. If I had to guess, they managed to get to an agreement to bump the coaster to Phase 2. But, that's just a guess.

Also, I don't look at the E as Soarin 2.0. The layout is reminding me of some descriptions I've heard for Iron Man at DL. Could they be using the same system? Perhaps.

It's been a fun couple of days watching this stuff start moving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom