Cameras,What kind do you use to capture the memories of disney?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Figment1986 said:
Dang... You must be proud to own such an expensive camera...

It was only $400 when I bought it, now only $350 I believe (maybe less)....not expensive at all for a good camera. :confused:

Anyways, I would suggest the DSC-P100 to you, it takes good video as well. There's also the new DSC-P150 or the DSC-T1.....

Figment1986

I was comending on Photo dave.. (I remember when cameras used to take bad photos and people would buy that camera due to it was CHEAP!!!!... Now that better camera are getting cheaper.. more people have better shots...)

and good suggestions... (I know sony makes decent cameras... my PDA has one... (No internet though.. didn't have $100 extra..)

WDWScottieBoy

Well I called Cameta Camera in Amityville, NY and asked them what they thought was best. They have been selling cameras since 1983 and have 68,650 positive feedback on ebay, so I know what I'm working with. I asked about the Rebel GII and the Nikon N75, and the gentleman I talked to told me the brand new Canon EOS Rebel T2 which just came out about a week ago, is the best out there. It is the most advanced SLR in it's class and has an excellent LCD screen on the back. It also has the fastest shutter speed in its calss 1/4000 second. I was sold as soon as I read everything about and the options you can get with it. So I told them, SHIP IT ASAP!

So I buy it, along with the Sigma 28-80mm zoom macro lens and the Sigma 100-300mm DL Zoom lens. There is also a free carrying bag that came with it. So after all the things were put together and the extras were purchased, I found it to be a great deal and can't wait to have it. I'll get it on the 29th and play around with it for a day or two before my trip to WDW on the 1st of December. I can't wait to try it out for the first time while there!

Anyone else looking for a 35mm Film SLR Camera, look into this one! It's deffinitely worth everything it says it is.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Nemo,

my P100 is going back to Sony in December for a quick repair job... when I return from Disneyland, I'm sending it out

PhotoDave219

Figment1986 said:
I was comending on Photo dave.. (I remember when cameras used to take bad photos and people would buy that camera due to it was CHEAP!!!!... Now that better camera are getting cheaper.. more people have better shots...)
Heres the thing... cost has little to do with it. For the most part, i can get the results i want from anything - even a small disposable camera. So its not the camera, its who's taknig the picture. I really recommend the National Geographic Field Guide for Photography (2nd Edition). Great beginner/intermediate book.

The cameras i use allow for absolute flexability. Complete Manual or Complete Automatic. Mainly, its about speed and quality. Frame rates on my film cameras upwards of 5 frames a second and the digital goes 3 frames a second. (Kinda slow for me... but when i got it, twas fast for a digital). Theyre professional and when you get to the Nikon/Canon argument, youre splitting hairs that the average person wont notice.

Prosumer wise..... Ive used the Digital Rebel and Ive used the D70. I'll take the D70. But its splitting hairs, theres no major difference between the two. Knowing lenses, you can put whatever you want on and volia, you get what you want. Its about composition and knowing the relationships between apature/shutter speed and how much you want in focus.

The expensive part are the lenses.... and all those little accessories. Flashes, super clamps, radio slaves, tripods, bags, tape, etc, they all add up.

Anyhow.....

If i were buying stuff now I'd go:

Digital:

Pro - 1D mark 2 or D2X

Prosumer - D70 or Digital Rebel

Point and Shoot - Canon Powershot G5 or ... whatever Speck is Using. Almost a digital leica.

Film: (whatever that is)

Pro - F5, F100 or EOS-1v

Prosumer - N75

Point and shoot - Dont waste your money......

PhotoDave219

WDWScottieBoy said:
the gentleman I talked to told me the brand new Canon EOS Rebel T2 which just came out about a week ago, is the best out there. It is the most advanced SLR in it's class and has an excellent LCD screen on the back. It also has the fastest shutter speed in its calss 1/4000 second. I was sold as soon as I read everything about and the options you can get with it
Gotta love marketing departments.....

mkt

Premium Member
Dave, I do believe that Brads camera is a brand-engineered Leica... which is far from being a bad thing.

speck76

PhotoDave219 said:
Point and Shoot - Canon Powershot G5 or ... whatever Speck is Using. Almost a digital leica.

It is a Panasonic FZ3....they have an upgrade version too, which is 8mp and has a manual focus.

PhotoDave219

mkt said:
Dave, I do believe that Brads camera is a brand-engineered Leica... which is far from being a bad thing.
I never said it was. If i recall, i said its something i recommended people to buy. By far better image quality on a point and shoot then most ive seen.

WDWScottieBoy

Dave, have you tried the New T2...if so, what do you think of it? I seriously almost bought the N75, but the more and more I compared the two, the only thing the N75 had that was nicer is a rebate right now. I think the T2 beat everything else really.

mkt

Premium Member
nemo... mine was part of a faulty batch in which the seals in the lens were defective, so when it starts up and the lens pops out, dust comes in

NemoRocks78

Seized
mkt said:
nemo... mine was part of a faulty batch in which the seals in the lens were defective, so when it starts up and the lens pops out, dust comes in

So you're getting a black spot in every photo you take?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Yes, or should I say was....on my last venture to Universal a few weeks back I came across a spot on the lens while I was trying to take some photos. It went away later fortunately, but it's been on and off (happened once last weekend at WDW)....

PhotoDave219

Scott,m i rarley use film cameras anymore. I just know canon's hype and the camera wars that are going on. The T2 is an entry level camera. But its film, and ... well, sales of new film cameras continue to drop. I'm sure it will do what you want it to do, im just not a huge fan of canon's entry level stuff.

scorp111

I use a Digital, the Canon PowerShot S1. I bought and like it for the 10x optical zoom. Unfortunately it is only 3.2 MP, but can print great 5 X 7. Anything bigger and you lose the fine detail. But how often do I need bigger than 5 x7? Not very often.

I agree with Dave, that it is the user that is critical, and that is an area I have a ton to learn.

I leave it in AUTO mode most of the time, only using some manual aperture or shutter speed settings when I am trying to capture fireworks or low-light conditions. Overall, I am having a blast with this camera. (Bought it in Sept)

You can check out some of the photo's I have taken with it, in my photo album on this site.

Bluewaves

I just got myself a Canon S70 priced around $400 not a bad little camera, 7.1 Mp, 3.6x zoom , real wide lens , 35 mm equiv of a 28 mm so thats pretty good. I finally have basically given up on film , still bring it out for the special occasions, I have an Elan 7e from Canon and a few lenses 75-300 USM IS, 28-200 USM and a 50mm f1.4 USM and it takes awesome pictures. I'm just too lazy to get the film developed so I figured for the time being a point and shoot will do it for me until there is a full frame DSLR for under a grand. My little Canon A20 is still clicking away 2Mp 3x zoom, it took such good pictures on my last vacation thats why I decided to get something decent for a digital. Looking forward to going to Disney and not having to carry a photo bag with me for a change and just a camera on my belt.
My advice if your looking for something small and good try one of the new Canon SD models, nice size screens, 3x zoom and as many or as few Mp's as you want. If you want to do film one of the Canon Rebel models or if you want just a bit better the current Elan 7n isn't that pricey. Just remember if you go digital expect to buy a big memory card , extra battery, or rechargables and you might want a card reader to make it easy and convient to download.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom