Calling all "RYANS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Original Poster
Wow MSU! You have me impressed with that avatar! (once again)
That´s very cool! You can now see what the years will do to your face!! Better start using moisturizer! :lol: :lol: :animwink:

Goofette

Oh, MSU, if you only knew what you started in my home tonight :( Little one was fast asleep :snore: when she wakes up and comes into the computer room to say something to me. One thing I wasn't thinking....she's Terrified of skeletons ever since HM. So, here I am talking with her and she starts running behind me, hiding her eyes and crying. I thought, what the heck. Well, it was your Avatar :eek: she saw it while I was on a page. Needless to say, I get to go sleep in the other room with her for tonight because she is scared :cry:

I told her you would be doing a buzz for her, that made her feel a little better :animwink:

BTW, nice avatar :lol:

Main Street USA

Originally posted by Goofette
Oh, MSU, if you only knew what you started in my home tonight :( Little one was fast asleep :snore: when she wakes up and comes into the computer room to say something to me. One thing I wasn't thinking....she's Terrified of skeletons ever since HM. So, here I am talking with her and she starts running behind me, hiding her eyes and crying. I thought, what the heck. Well, it was your Avatar :eek: she saw it while I was on a page. Needless to say, I get to go sleep in the other room with her for tonight because she is scared :cry:

I told her you would be doing a buzz for her, that made her feel a little better :animwink:

BTW, nice avatar :lol:

:eek: Sorry 'bout that! I guess that would be a bit scary to a little tike. :lol: Wonder what would happen if you told her there's a skeleton INSIDE of her!!!!:eek:

And, yeah garyhoov, that would be a good one! Unfortunately, its not Disney, so I probably wouldn't use it for my av.:)

Maria

Original Poster
I went to the beach to spend the day with my friends there and we had an awesome day! It was so beautiful.... the sun shining, no rain, the ocean was perfect, and the sunset too!

We played cards, ate a lot, swam twice, took a nice walk by the shore, watched the sunset and came back home. I´m tired now, so I´m going to bed...

See you all tomorrow! Good night! :snore: :wave:

tenchu

Originally posted by Maria
I went to the beach to spend the day with my friends there and we had an awesome day! It was so beautiful.... the sun shining, no rain, the ocean was perfect, and the sunset too!

We played cards, ate a lot, swam twice, took a nice walk by the shore, watched the sunset and came back home. I´m tired now, so I´m going to bed...

See you all tomorrow! Good night! :snore: :wave:

Christ, rub it in why don't you! :rolleyes:

mightyduck

Wow, MSU, that avatar (and the Buzz one) are so cool you should be a Ryan! :D

:rolleyes:

Maria, I spent all day yesterday doing research here on the computer.... :( I didn't get to the ocean. I really should go--I have season badges [we have to pay to use the ocean beaches here--but we have expert lifeguards and some of the most beautiful beaches around. Some say it's not fair, but I've seen the revenue sheets and the beach badges basically pay for the badge checkers (which many towns now rely on the police to handle), lifeguards, and beach cleaning crews.... The rest of the costs, and they are significant, are borne by the municipal tax payers or given to those towns in state aid...].

MKCustodial

Well, down here it's Winter right now, but it's not that cold.
Not that I could do anything about it anyway. SInce I work at home I pretty much have NO vacation whatsoever. If I decide to take a time out it has to be with the knowledge that I WON'T be making any money while I'm away. So I gotta pick those times VERY carefully... :D

bamboo7

Originally posted by mightyduck
Maria, I spent all day yesterday doing research here on the computer.... :( I didn't get to the ocean. I really should go--I have season badges [we have to pay to use the ocean beaches here--but we have expert lifeguards and some of the most beautiful beaches around. Some say it's not fair, but I've seen the revenue sheets and the beach badges basically pay for the badge checkers (which many towns now rely on the police to handle), lifeguards, and beach cleaning crews.... The rest of the costs, and they are significant, are borne by the municipal tax payers or given to those towns in state aid...].

which NJ beach do you normally go to? i usually go to OC, where they also have badges. Otherwise, i'd go to Wildwood, which is gree, and where the beaches are enormous.

mightyduck

I have badges for LBI and I also go to Island Beach State Park....

Wildwood, though free, just isn't as clean to me...

bamboo7

I have badges for LBI and I also go to Island Beach State Park....

Wildwood, though free, just isn't as clean to me...

i'll agree with wildwood not being as clean. i don't often go to LBI or IBSP, because when i go to the beach, i don't usually spend a whole lot of time on the actual beach, so i like the towns with boardwalks.
have you ever gone down to loveladies (or whatever that town is called) ont eh same island as LBI and seen that really big victorian house on the beach?

Maria

Original Poster

Wow... I never heard of badges to go to a beach! They are free here. I wish I had taken pics of some of the houses there... :rolleyes: some are very elegant, even more than the houses in the city. The shores are ghost towns for about 9 months here... then July, August and Easter are packed! The rest of the time, canadians enjoy them... they come here to spend their winter and rent the houses or hotel rooms for several days.

The owners of the houses do their own cleanning of the beach in front of them. Yesterday we stayed at a friend´s house who is spending a month there with her family. My grandpa used to have a house there, but sold it when noone wanted to go clean and do maintenance with him, and he got tired of it! Now we regret it, of course...

There is also a boulevard where most of the people who don´t own a house or don´t have family or friends staying at a house, go for the day. That one is cleaned at nights by the government.

:animwink:

Goofette

Originally posted by Main Street USA

:eek: Sorry 'bout that! I guess that would be a bit scary to a little tike. :lol: Wonder what would happen if you told her there's a skeleton INSIDE of her!!!!:eek:

I have told her that lol. And to think, Halloween used to be one of her favorite Holidays. She was fine until I took her on HM, the part where one of the ghost ride in the car with you at the end, and there she FREAKED!!!! I really never expected that reaction and I was so sad because HM is my favorite ride. I thought she would love it.

I really do like the new avatar, it's great.

Maria

Original Poster
I just thought I would say buh bye to this baby and all of you before I leave for Cancun tomorrow morning!

Please, keep Ryan alive! I´ll miss you all.... but I´ll bring a trip report and pics! :animwink:

:wave: :wave: :kiss:

Goofette

Originally posted by Maria
I just thought I would say buh bye to this baby and all of you before I leave for Cancun tomorrow morning!

Please, keep Ryan alive! I´ll miss you all.... but I´ll bring a trip report and pics! :animwink:

:wave: :wave: :kiss:

Maria, have a terrific time (I'm sure you will). We'll take care of Ryan for you while your gone. Can't wait for the trip report (I'm SO envious of you right now :animwink: ). See ya when you get back. :wave:

Maria

Original Poster
Thank you Goofette! I think this thread may hit 2000 while I´m gone! (I hope I´m here to see that though... hehe :D )

bamboo7

goofette, i like the pic in your avatar. i bet it would look at lot better if it wasn't limited to small avatar size though.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by bamboo7
goofette, i like the pic in your avatar. i bet it would look at lot better if it wasn't limited to small avatar size though.

You've got me curious. I recognize it, but I can't place it from the photo. What is it? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom