Calling all "RYANS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmp

Now that I have read ever last one of these posts I'll I have to say is my brother-in-law's name is Ryan and so is my cousins.
I am now going to take an advil because I have a headache, but it was sure worth it!

CrashNet

NowInc

I have looked everywhere and tried everything, but I just can't get that vb code to work. Whats wrong Now?:confused: Look at my sig and you'll see what i mean. I put this as my code:

[.img]http:\\the link[/IMG]

without the .

The_CEO

You mean my pics?? yeah i dont know either.. Everyones elses works... i think somthiings wrong with my thingy... but im doing everything correctly :(... Oh well..

~ Justin...

CrashNet

yeah, but I think Now is using a different way to get the picture to show up. He tried to explain it to me, but I must not have done it right. I'm hoping he can help.

Oh by the way, I don't know any Ryans.:)

NowInc

Re: NowInc

Originally posted by cac2889
I have looked everywhere and tried everything, but I just can't get that vb code to work. Whats wrong Now?:confused: Look at my sig and you'll see what i mean. I put this as my code:

[.img]http:\\the link[/IMG]

without the .

Right..I assume you are right clicking on the images and using the properties to get the location of it and then are just linking to THAT...well...

As of right now...that wont work (sorry)...the IMG tag doesnt recognize anything that doesnt have a .gif,.jpg, or .png extension and thus wont link with it...

My suggestion? Get a server...there are some cheap ones out there for like 15-30 bucks a YEAR that are a bit slow..but are more than adequate for your sig ;)

www.hostned.com is one of them... (I dont personally use them, but i know people who do)

NowInc

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
it worked before........ why not now???

! ~ Justin...

Steve turned off HTML in signatures because a few members were starting to get a bit too "slick" with it and started to use Javascript and Flash..which slowed down the forums too much...

CrashNet

Thanks Now. I'll look into it. By the way, did you make that sig in photoshop and if so, I have a couple of questions, both of which have nothing to do with one another:

1. How did you make that rust look? I have been trying get something like that for two weeks!

2. Do you know how to map a texture, (a .jpg, .gif, .bmp, etc) onto something you make in photoshop? I'll give you an example. I have a jpeg file that is a texture of some marble. I used the marque tool to create a complex shape, kind of like the shape you made for your pic, and want to map that texture on it. Do you know how to do that?

CEO, Steve had to turn off the html code because some people were using javascript and other languages that were slowing down the site and causing some bandwidth problems. Hopefully he will have it back on soon, so you might want to leave the code in your sig for a little while to see if he is going to turn it back on.

Tigggrl

ROFLOL! O how funneee! I just love the latest additions:) See what happens while I am working?? YOU guys get to play, and then I get to Laugh:) Thanks Guys! I Especially love the Sesame Street one;):animwink:

NowInc

Yep..thats 100% photoshop...Its a temporary 5 minute one I did until i have more time to work on the new one...

1.) I usually create the rust by first making a new channel and applying a black and white cloud filter to it. I then add a bit of noise and using the adjust levels I "tighten" up the edges. Once that is done i simply use that as a sselection mask and use rust like colors to achieve the effect im looking for...

2.) To map a texture to a shape..there are 2 ways...the EASIEST way is to simply select your texture...copy it..and then make your shape and do a "Paste into"..that will paste the texture into your new shape..the HARDER..but better way is to use a layer mask and draw your shape in there...Both techniques can be found in your photoshop manual ;)

CrashNet

Thanks

Thanks Now. I tried that first one in #2 already, and kind of gave up after that. I'll have to try the harder way now to see if I can get it. After I made that post, I checked out your website: Nice work and VERY impressive resume I must say. Did you learn all of that in college?

NowInc

Re: Thanks

Thanks Now. I tried that first one in #2 already, and kind of gave up after that. I'll have to try the harder way now to see if I can get it. After I made that post, I checked out your website: Nice work and VERY impressive resume I must say. Did you learn all of that in college?

Thanks! I REALLLLLY need to update my portfolio and resume..as you can see..its been MONTHS since i have touched the page..

Most of those i knew before i went to college...the only ones i "learned" there were Maya, XSI, Illustrator, and Flash....all the rest were on my own time...

CrashNet

oh!

I just remembered something else. Do I need to make a larger texture, taking the one I have and copying it several times to make a larger seamless texture, in order to texture a shape that is larger than the size of the texture?

NowInc

Re: oh!

I just remembered something else. Do I need to make a larger texture, taking the one I have and copying it several times to make a larger seamless texture, in order to texture a shape that is larger than the size of the texture?

You dont HAVE to..you can just select it all and do a define pattern..and then use the fill tool using pattern as your color...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom