Calling all "RYANS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by Angelique

I don't.. someone explain?

It probably defies explanation, but I'll try. H. R. Puff N Stuff was a "dragon" (actually a guy dressed in a suit with a big mushroom head and some cloth triangles down his back). The villain was "Witchie Poo" and there were all sorts of creatures that hung around in the woods. I can't really remember too much more in the way of details (you'll know what it's like when you get to my age).

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
H.R. Pufnstuff,
Who's your friend when things get rough?
H.R. Pufnstuff
Can't do a little cause he can't do enough.

Once upon a summertime
Just a dream from yesterday
A boy and his magic golden flute
Heard a boat from off the bay
"Come and play with me, Jimmy
Come and play with me.
And I will take you on a trip
Far across the sea."

But the boat belonged to a kooky old witch
Who had in mind the flute to snitch
From her broom broom in the sky
She watched her plans materialize
She waved her wand
The beautiful boat was gone
The skies grew dark
The sea grew rough
And the boat sailed on and on and on and on and on and on.

But Pufnstuff was watching too
And knew exactly what to do
He saw the witch's boat attack
And as the boy was fighting back
He called his rescue racer crew
As often they'd rehearsed
And off to save the boy they flew
But who would get there first?

But now the boy had washed ashore
Puf arrived to save the day
Which made the witch so mad and sore
She shook her first and screamed away.

H.R. Pufnstuff,
H.R. Pufnstuff

H.R. Pufnstuff,
H.R. Pufnstuff

Lhriangel

Now I'm scared... cause you are getting the Pooh Bear cartoon song in my head for no reason.

*hides* icks...

Blah I need food. But I don't get any till 1:30 when I get back to my apartment.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Angelique

That was my job title in FL!! Rescue Ranger... and I couldn't find ANYTHING with Gadget it on :( :(... so if anyone sees anything and gets it for me I"ll love them forever :)

Some people just shouldn't wear those white shorts.

Goofette

Ah, the good ole days. Loved HR Puffnstuff. And Sigmund and the Sea Monsters. Do you remember the Original Land of the Lost with the sleestax (sp) and Will and Holly wasn't it?

Oh, btw, they were showing H&R Puffnstuff and Sigmund and the Sea Monsters on tv land or family channel, one of those on Saturday Mornings very very early a few years ago. It was funny to watch it again. Also, the Banana Splits...remember them?

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Goofette
Ah, the good ole days. Loved HR Puffnstuff. And Sigmund and the Sea Monsters. Do you remember the Original Land of the Lost with the sleestax (sp) and Will and Holly wasn't it?

Oh, btw, they were showing H&R Puffnstuff and Sigmund and the Sea Monsters on tv land or family channel, one of those on Saturday Mornings very very early a few years ago. It was funny to watch it again. Also, the Banana Splits...remember them?

We have Banana Splits on Boomerang.

Hy everybody, I just got here. Today I douldn't log in all day long so now I have 37 pages of Ryan to read. Dan sure wasn't kidding yesterday... :rolleyes: Anyways, I read the gaming discussion, then the age discussion, but I gave up halfway through the golf discussion. Anything eles I should go back and take a look?

And by the way, just to rectify, 37 pages ago I said the movie I was starting today was Possessed. Well, it isn't, I got the name wrong, it's Pressed, about two med school students who are framed for murder... One of those Fugitive in the redneck woods kinda movie... Not that bad, and today I got to go halfway through. Had a good day of work today. :sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

The Land of the Lost! That was the best. I thought about mentioning that earlier, but I was afraid it would get confused with the more recent variations. Banana Splits was only on a UHF channel I couldn't get very well. It had an intrigue born of unattainability.

I've got to look up those re-runs.:) (and some of these young people should take a look to see what we grew up with (and why we're so screwed up))

Lhriangel

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

Some people just shouldn't wear those white shorts.

Are you saying I shouldn't wear white shorts? *whimpers*

White pants during Food and Wine when you are the beer stocker is um.. fun... poor people in costuming who had to clean beer stains out of my clothes.

Lhriangel

Originally posted by garyhoov

The Land of the Lost! That was the best. I thought about mentioning that earlier, but I was afraid it would get confused with the more recent variations. Banana Splits was only on a UHF channel I couldn't get very well. It had an intrigue born of unattainability.

I've got to look up those re-runs.:) (and some of these young people should take a look to see what we grew up with (and why we're so screwed up))

*gives you guys are you crazy looks*

besides I don't have cable right now, I'm very deprived. But won't be in Sept cause my roommates are obsessed with MTV so we will get cable I'm sure hehe.

Goofette

Originally posted by MKCustodial

We have Banana Splits on Boomerang.

Hy everybody, I just got here.

Hi MKCustodial. I didn't go back and read any of the Ryan (I know, I'm bad) but I saw where Gary posted about H R Puffnstuff and couldn't resist posting about that.

I don't get Boomerang, darn, I wish I could see Banana Splits again, brings back old memories. Oh well.

Does anyone remember a cartoon that has Diaper Man, Chicken Man(maybe cookoo Man), something like that. DH always ask me if I remember it and I don't. Would have been in the late 60's early 70's I think. Anyway, if anyone remembers something like that let me know.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

Hi MKCustodial. I didn't go back and read any of the Ryan (I know, I'm bad) but I saw where Gary posted about H R Puffnstuff and couldn't resist posting about that.

I don't get Boomerang, darn, I wish I could see Banana Splits again, brings back old memories. Oh well.

Does anyone remember a cartoon that has Diaper Man, Chicken Man(maybe cookoo Man), something like that. DH always ask me if I remember it and I don't. Would have been in the late 60's early 70's I think. Anyway, if anyone remembers something like that let me know.

Yeaaahhhhh, There was some guy made out of springs or something, right? I can't remember the name.

Goofette

Angelique, you missed out on some great cartoons. Although quite strange I'll have to admit. Just try to imagine what our cartoons were like in the early 70's...Austin Powers Meets PowerPuff Girls/Spongebob Squarepants. They were Groovy Baby!!! LOL

I'm in a strange mood today :hammer:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I think Angelique is probably running in fear right about now. We're headed out for some dinner and a movie. Have fun everyone:wave:

Lhriangel

Angelique, you missed out on some great cartoons. Although quite strange I'll have to admit. Just try to imagine what our cartoons were like in the early 70's...Austin Powers Meets PowerPuff Girls/Spongebob Squarepants. They were Groovy Baby!!! LOL

I'm in a strange mood today :hammer:

*gives you a look*
Hehe I'll just stick with the Cartoon Network's JLA hehe (when I have cable).

Goofette

Originally posted by garyhoov
The Mighty Heroes!

OMG!!! Thankyou garyhoov! That is Great that you knew that, my dh has even written into places trying to find out what the name of the cartoon was. I kept telling him he was just crazy, that there was no such cartoon :lol: But he has always been trying to find out what it was. It was sort of a blur to him too, but he remembered bits and pieces of it.

He wanted me to be sure to thank you and ask where you found the picture. He also wanted me to find the site about it if I could.

Thanks again :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom