Calling all golfers!!

Rinx

Original Poster
I thought General Discussion was an appropriate spot for this but if not please move.

One of the things I look forward to most when going to the World is playing golf. I'm a decent golfer playing at a 14 handicap. I wasn't always like that of course and have had my fair share of plunders. So let's make this thread a chance for all of us to forget how many over par we are and remember and laugh about all of those wonderful miss-hits on the WDW golf courses :p

I'll go first.....Five years ago playing LBV hole 6. Used driver off the tee and just yanked it left. I lost site of it and a second or two later I hear "BANG" like a loud metallic rap. Then to my surprise I see ball bouncing in the fairway from left to right. I could only assume I hit the metal fencing or roof of one of the OKW villa buildings on the left hand side. I held my breath I was so worried I broke something but I guess not. I was feeling good that I was still in the hole but watered it on the next shot :eek:

tiaragirl

^ Ahahahah. You were playing.. LBV?

Dad and I are the golfers in the family, so we usually get a around or two in when we hit Disney. In August we played Osprey Ridge (my new fav of the Disney courses, it was beautiful). I beat him (boo rah). We played LBV, too.. kind of. The weather was TERRIBLE. It poured rain and the last two holes essentially made the fairways a lake. I gave up.. but not before some pictures were taken:

9332_1159826970250_1665060024_389703_6031918_n.jpg

9332_1159827010251_1665060024_389704_2858101_n.jpg

Rinx

Original Poster
^ Ahahahah. You were playing.. LBV?

Dad and I are the golfers in the family, so we usually get a around or two in when we hit Disney. In August we played Osprey Ridge (my new fav of the Disney courses, it was beautiful). I beat him (boo rah). We played LBV, too.. kind of. The weather was TERRIBLE. It poured rain and the last two holes essentially made the fairways a lake. I gave up.. but not before some pictures were taken:

Hahe yeah I've had some bad experiences on LBV with weather, too. Was trapped between 15 and 16 on the little bridge in a down pour with the woods flooding on both sides of us. Got a little wet.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
What do you seasoned pro Disney golfers think of the course that's included with the MYW Water Parks & More tickets? It's Oak Trail. The 9 hole, walking only course? I was thinking of setting up a tee time for my fiance for our upcoming trip.

sweetpee_1993

^^^^

Hubby has played golf his whole life. He's played a loooot of courses. His comments on Oak Trail were: "Its nice for the money. It's not the best or worst 9-hole I've ever played. It's a bit long for a 9-hole and the yardages seemed to all be off. It's a bit much for 10 year olds (it's the 'family' course)."

The hubby has also played the Palm, Magnolia, & LBV. His fav was the Magnolia. ;)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
^^^^

Hubby has played golf his whole life. He's played a loooot of courses. His comments on Oak Trail were: "Its nice for the money. It's not the best or worst 9-hole I've ever played. It's a bit long for a 9-hole and the yardages seemed to all be off. It's a bit much for 10 year olds (it's the 'family' course)."

The hubby has also played the Palm, Magnolia, & LBV. His fav was the Magnolia. ;)
Thanks darling! Do you have pictures in any of your awesome Trip Reports? Also, do you think he'd recommend it if it were included in park tickets and you had an afternoon to kill?

sweetpee_1993

Thanks darling! Do you have pictures in any of your awesome Trip Reports? Also, do you think he'd recommend it if it were included in park tickets and you had an afternoon to kill?

We have a few snapshots here and there from when Chandler played Oak Trail when he was 10. You can't really see the course. Hubby says if you go to Disneys site and look at the golf stuff you can get the hole layouts for Oak Trail (the other courses all have virtual tours). He says if it's not additional and included it'd be worth it....although he did say if he had an afternoon to kill at WDW he'd do other stuff. The rounds of golf he's played at WDW were when his dad came along & wanted to go.

heartodisney

picture.php

My wife and I made a mistake one trip by trying to play two courses in one day.We started at the "Magnolia" with a little rain, but it did stop until the last hole. The hole after this pic, witch one of the guys going around told us he would catch up to us to take this pic, I hit a shot around 120 out with wind behind us and it was going to be way to much, but it hit the flag and dropped it next to the hole! I also have a pic of the "Instuction" sign...we laughed so hard at this! But, the best is on video..we were on 17 with my wife about to hit, around 150 out when around 12 turkeys came out of the woods to "check" out her lie...she was cussing them out in phillipino! We grabbed a taxi to "Osprey Ridge" for lunch and a round, where they did not tell us they had sanded the first couple of greens, and did not get to finish the last four holes, and the only light we had to come back with was the GPS screen on the cart! The guys at the clubhouse were very nice and gave us some some goodies! We will try to play just one course next, Lake Buena Vista.

Goofy316

Ive been playing for about 5 years or so and not all that bad but not anywhere near being good...yet. Me and my Father have been planning on making a trip up to WDW just to play golf on some of these courses. I am thinking of surprising him for his Bday, what course is the best up there?

Matt and Kelly

I'm a champion at mini golf...does this count:lookaroun

I think so! I shot the low score of the day on the Winter Course a year ago. I have the certificate hanging in my office!

I hope to get out and play a real course at WDW one day but to this point, all I have is memories on the mini golf courses

tiaragirl

Ive been playing for about 5 years or so and not all that bad but not anywhere near being good...yet. Me and my Father have been planning on making a trip up to WDW just to play golf on some of these courses. I am thinking of surprising him for his Bday, what course is the best up there?

Dad and I have been playing together for 10 years (he started me nice and early, at the tender age of 10.. before I knew better).. I've played all the courses but Palm, and I have to say that Osprey Ridge is my favourite. That being said, Magnolia is so cool because it's the tour course, and the Mickey sandtraps just get me every time =)

Goofy316

Thanks for the info, I think to make it feel like we are in Disney we will hit the Magnolia. Mickey sandtraps sound pretty cool.

DisneyLeo18

I think so! I shot the low score of the day on the Winter Course a year ago. I have the certificate hanging in my office!

I hope to get out and play a real course at WDW one day but to this point, all I have is memories on the mini golf courses

What was the low score??

As for my funny shot story.. I was playing one course (I cant recall which one but it was the palm or magnolia I'm pretty sure) and there was water running across the fairway about 320 yards out, and there were two women right in front of the water. Both my dad and myself thought I had no shot of reaching it, but I had brought my new driver I just got. Of course I got a hold of it and hit it INTO the water! I felt really bad and apologized to the two in front of us. Thankfully they didn't mind and said "it was cool to see some one hit the ball so far". Now I'm a little older and better I can hit it further and know my limits, but this was probably one of my funniest/best shots at WDW.

A second quick story was that me and my dad has a 7:15 tee time (the first of the day) so we figured we would be done within 3-3 and a half hours, but when we get to the tee, there is a group already out. So we ask the starter what happened, and he informs us "we won't be catching up to them. Thats Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, and Ken Griffey Jr.":eek:

DizneyPryncess

A second quick story was that me and my dad has a 7:15 tee time (the first of the day) so we figured we would be done within 3-3 and a half hours, but when we get to the tee, there is a group already out. So we ask the starter what happened, and he informs us "we won't be catching up to them. Thats Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, and Ken Griffey Jr.":eek:

Oh wow!! That is awesome!! My husband would have freaked out. That's funny that they all golf together too. :)

I am learning to golf, but am not nearly good enough to golf any major courses yet. I'm still on Par 3's. My husband is golfing Magnolia in a few weeks, for the first time. I'm riding along in the cart for an extra fee. He is always in the sand, so I figured it might as well be a Mickey sand trap. :lol:

Glad to read that others have really liked it there!

DisneyLeo18

Oh wow!! That is awesome!! My husband would have freaked out. That's funny that they all golf together too. :)

I am learning to golf, but am not nearly good enough to golf any major courses yet. I'm still on Par 3's. My husband is golfing Magnolia in a few weeks, for the first time. I'm riding along in the cart for an extra fee. He is always in the sand, so I figured it might as well be a Mickey sand trap. :lol:

Glad to read that others have really liked it there!

It is a BEAUTIFUL golf course if you haven't seen it. I have some trouble remember which is which, but one of the courses you can see the other resorts and even some high points of MK. My favorite part is sometimes you can hear the MK railroad. You definitely get the Disney golf feeling. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom