Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Haymarket2008

It was just be a shame to lose another classic original right before the 50th like this, thats what bothers me if true. Would much rather see it plussed with the fountain returned etc.

If they treated Tiki Room like Disneyland did with all their classic attractions for the 60th, that would be amazing. It doesn't need all that much. Throw some modern effects, the fountain, it would be great.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
So... about those tiki birds.
Thread went mum there for a little bit. What's the latest? Are they flying the coop? Will Tiki get some love for the 50th? UPDATE: I see it's been refuted. Good I guess. Although I had hoped something would happen. The Birds need some TLC.

Phil12

I don't follow
Walt was wrong when he said about the Florida project, "...there's enough land here to hold all of the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." He was focused too much on making gobs of money with EPCOT rather than creativity.

Of course time has proven him wrong in that TWDC has theme parks all over the world, a cruise line, the DVC, Adventures by Disney and Disney Sports Enterprises. And of course I don't need to mention their film, TV and other entertainment interests.

TWDC became a powerhouse in spite of what Walt wanted. It was a blessing to the company and the shareholders that Walt passed on in 1966.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I honestly have never understood the love for the Tiki Birds. Sure, it was an original Walt attraction, but honestly I don't think it's that good. Carousel? Yes. TTA (or, more accurately, the WEDWay PeopleMover), love it. But the Tiki Birds? Honestly it's the one classic attraction I've never been impressed with. I'd be fine with whatever they decide to do with it...

Pixieish

I honestly have never understood the love for the Tiki Birds. Sure, it was an original Walt attraction, but honestly I don't think it's that good. Carousel? Yes. TTA (or, more accurately, the WEDWay PeopleMover), love it. But the Tiki Birds? Honestly it's the one classic attraction I've never been impressed with. I'd be fine with whatever they decide to do with it...
Awww, I found it enchanting as a kid! The whole room comes alive!

mikejs78

Premium Member
Awww, I found it enchanting as a kid! The whole room comes alive!
I'm not discounting your experience, I just don't personally get it. My wife and I honeymooned in WDW about 13 years ago, at my suggestion. I converted her to a major WDW fan, but the Tiki room was one attraction she rolled her eyes at...

montyz81

Walt was wrong when he said about the Florida project, "...there's enough land here to hold all of the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." He was focused too much on making gobs of money with EPCOT rather than creativity.

Of course time has proven him wrong in that TWDC has theme parks all over the world, a cruise line, the DVC, Adventures by Disney and Disney Sports Enterprises. And of course I don't need to mention their film, TV and other entertainment interests.

TWDC became a powerhouse in spite of what Walt wanted. It was a blessing to the company and the shareholders that Walt passed on in 1966.
Wow, that is harsh. It was a blessing that the founder died? Anyway, all I was trying to say is that Disney doesn't have to work within the confines of the 4 parks. There is still enough land that they don't necessarily have to replace existing attractions for new ones. There is easily plenty of land for them to build additional attractions on. That is all I was trying to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom