Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Bocabear

Aaaaaaand Ignored.

So if we're losing the Tiki birdies... and they may go into a restaraunt... what about the awesome drum bangers? The waterfall/show opener would be a hard loss. :(
It really would...and the preshow effects are a shadow of what they used to be with the flames and fountains...the full preshow was never restored after the "Under New Management" overlay. Enchanted Tiki Room was my very favorite as a kid.

yeti

You know, since they are never going to restore the magical fountain in the middle of the room, why don't they build a new Uh-Oah Godess and rewrite a new show using her without the Gilbert Gotfried other cast of the "Under New Management" show..' The show hostess, rather than waking up Jose, could sound a conch horn and bring forth the spirit of Polynesia who would then be the narrator and story teller for the show...Udated in-theater effects, more dramatic storm sequence They could create a very viable and fresh attraction without being gimicky and silly...as a side note,...Sad that when they moved Uh-Oah to Trader Sams, they did not animate her... She would have been a great show element in the bar...
The Uh Oah in Trader Sam's isn't the actual figure, is it? It looks way too small...

This is an awesome idea, if only because it brings back one of the best animatronics WDI has ever built (ironically in one of their worst attractions..)

yeti

Yes, but watch the video and then come back and discuss the subject at hand...the "Under New Management" overlay of the attraction is long gone never to return...
Funny you mention that, it's actually really hard to find a version of the show on YouTube that hasn't been shut down.

Bocabear

The Uh Oah in Trader Sam's isn't the actual figure, is it? It looks way too small...

This is an awesome idea, if only because it brings back one of the best animatronics WDI has ever built (ironically in one of their worst attractions..)
YES! It is the actual figure from the show... And I agree she was amazing!! She would make a great central figure show narrator for a reimagined Tropical Serenade...

Soarin' Over Pgh

It really would...and the preshow effects are a shadow of what they used to be with the flames and fountains...the full preshow was never restored after the "Under New Management" overlay. Enchanted Tiki Room was my very favorite as a kid.

Awww man. I never experienced flames (!!!!) before but I loved the opening and hovered around several times just to see it again (without actually seeing the attraction itself but once on my last trip) and watch both the young kids and older adults enjoy it. The kids seem to really like the water effects and the older generations seem to appreciate the general simplicity of it all.

Sigh.

That stated.... I hope the building itself isn't modded too much. It's a great fit for the area and ...selfishly speaking, I'm very fond of it because it reminds me of Disneylands :)

Bairstow

This may have already been answered, but does anyone know why an English-language version of the Tokyo Stitch tiki room show was recorded? Was the idea to offer an alternate audio track for English-speaking visitors, or was Disney already considering installing the overlay in Anaheim and/or Florida?

FigmentJedi

This may have already been answered, but does anyone know why an English-language version of the Tokyo Stitch tiki room show was recorded? Was the idea to offer an alternate audio track for English-speaking visitors, or was Disney already considering installing the overlay in Anaheim and/or Florida?

Both. Shows often offer alternate languages in other countries and in fact, that's how Timekeeper operated in Paris and Tokyo.
Additionally, Get the Fever was originally pitched for the US parks before Iago and Zazu won out and a Christmas seasonal variant featuring a group of Penguins was also proposed.

Bairstow

Both. Shows often offer alternate languages in other countries and in fact, that's how Timekeeper operated in Paris and Tokyo.
Additionally, Get the Fever was originally pitched for the US parks before Iago and Zazu won out and a Christmas seasonal variant featuring a group of Penguins was also proposed.

Thanks.
I should add that I didn't realize that "Get the Fever" and the Stitch overlay are different shows.

How many total shows have there been based on the Tiki Room format? 4, or are there others?

Bocabear

Thanks for posting....and BOY was that BAD!
Really dated back to the 90s...
Glad they didn't do this version in Florida...

Goob

Are you saying Trader Sam's is one of their worst attractions?

If so, I don't understand the hate it gets on here. Is it just "cool" to hate on Trader Sams? We went for the first time last month and we all enjoyed it very much. The food and drinks were great and the atmosphere, unbeatable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom