Bye bye Mickey soaps?

Andrew Appleby

Anyone know what the current situation in in POFQ? We're off there in August so wondering if we'll have the big dispensers, individual bottles, large soap, small mickey soap, etc...

Doesn't really matter to me but I know my wife isn't thrilled about sharing large dispensers.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yuck. I hate when hotels do this. Hand soap in a public restroom is one thing, there is something creepier about shared toiletries in showers.

Well not sure this is true for Disney but it gave me pause for consideration.....some of my well traveled friends told me hands down, that they KNOW both from seeing and talking to housekeeping that those little bottles at hotels? Are usually refilled from a huge pump bottle in housekeeping.....I would assume if the bottle was nasty beyond a wipe down it would be discarded but sure I figured it was untouched by other than mousekeeping hands to place in my room fresh each day.....and now? Not sure, I tell self just because this may be a non Disney resort trend it doesn't mean its a Disney resort thing.....I still cherish my little mickey head bottles....but only want it for the little mickey icon top after use! Its so cute! :happy:

msg7

Does anyone know that the GF is offering? I think it would be a bit tacky for them to have bottles for the price that you pay to stay there.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Seriously if it was a concern to me I would just pack travel bottles of my own, which I sometimes do anyway because I prefer my usual brand. :angelic:

Sunset7132

we were there in December.. not only did we still have shampoos and soaps but they stepped it up and you an actually squeeze out the shampoo without a struggle lol

rreading

we were there in December.. not only did we still have shampoos and soaps but they stepped it up and you an actually squeeze out the shampoo without a struggle lol

I’ve wondered whether the new squeeze bottles are preferred or not. Personally, I liked the cylinders, and unless the conditioner was more than a few years old, I generally never had any problems with them.

Nubs70

20180224_164804.jpg
Bahai Principe Ambar Blu - Punta Cama, DR

Fairy32

I was prepared for the giant pumps when we got stuck in Florida and booked All Stars for the last two nights. We had individual bottles and they even brought us extra!

EpcotCenter82

Anyone know what the current situation in in POFQ? We're off there in August so wondering if we'll have the big dispensers, individual bottles, large soap, small mickey soap, etc...

Doesn't really matter to me but I know my wife isn't thrilled about sharing large dispensers.

All of the rooms at POFQ are currently being refurbished. The new rooms that have opened have the large dispensers located in the tub/shower.

http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=090218

Nick Pappagiorgio

So POFQ is going all pump. One of the other sites was reporting that the pumps have been spotted at Pop. But I stayed in one of the updated rooms and had bottles. Is there any sense of order on how this is being rolled out?

EpcotCenter82

The fellow who runs the Port Orleans fan site has this schedule posted. However, they are reportedly behind schedule:

• Building 2 — Jan 6 – Feb 9, 2018
  • Building 3 — Jan 23 – Feb 25, 2018
  • Building 1 — Feb 10 – Mar 13, 2018
  • Building 5 — Feb 26 – Mar 31, 2018
  • Building 4 — Mar 14 – Apr 16, 2018
  • Building 6 — Apr 1 – May 4, 2018
  • Building 7 — Apr 17 – May 20, 2018
http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=300917

DisneyDreamer08

I’m neutral on this. Sure it’s nice to have individual little bottles, we’ve even taken a soap or two home with us in the past. My daughter loved using Pop Century soap long after vacation was over. However I am in a Disney yard sale site on FB and people hoard and sell these things. I’ve seen posts with people selling 50 soaps or shampoos at a time. I don’t blame Disney for getting rid of the tiny bottles. It can be very wasteful.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I’m neutral on this. Sure it’s nice to have individual little bottles, we’ve even taken a soap or two home with us in the past. My daughter loved using Pop Century soap long after vacation was over. However I am in a Disney yard sale site on FB and people hoard and sell these things. I’ve seen posts with people selling 50 soaps or shampoos at a time. I don’t blame Disney for getting rid of the tiny bottles. It can be very wasteful.

Last time I checked Disney hotels were not a military barracks facility where efficiency trumps all, Rather a luxury vacation destination that should have the amenities usually quite 'wasteful' that people expect and contribute to the experience.

Starlight67

However I am in a Disney yard sale site on FB and people hoard and sell these things. I’ve seen posts with people selling 50 soaps or shampoos at a time.

Wow, that's interesting, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Disney yard sale FB site (or that people would stockpile soaps to sell there!)

I work at a social service agency and we take donations of hygiene products for clients. It's interesting that Disney soaps and shampoos routinely appear as donations.:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom