News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

Jaison

I dont understand this at all ... Website still only shows ITTBAB as "closed for refurbishment" and the online calendar shows its back open after March 30 .... Does this mean there is no hope of the show running during my upcoming trip April 2-5?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I dont understand this at all ... Website still only shows ITTBAB as "closed for refurbishment" and the online calendar shows its back open after March 30 .... Does this mean there is no hope of the show running during my upcoming trip April 2-5?
Doesn't appear so, its now closed permanent as shown in the announcement.

Ismael Flores

The poster reveals some clues about what the land will look like, so examine it closely!
that Poster kind of reveals now how the guardians tower fits with the rethemed buildings next to the Hyperion.

Also looks like at this point the main entrance on that side of the park to this new marvel area will be the side street off Hollywood blvd.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hate doing this ;)

What Marvel didn't take of the Hollywood area. Though the fully fleshed Marvel Land was aiming for Bugs Land too.
"Was" aiming for Bugs Land? I would imagine with the eastern gateway cancellation Bugs Land is more in danger of being on the chopping block then ever before.
Budgets always get chopped. Though I'm assuming it'll stil take some if not all of the area.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Disney announces cheap quick exploitation of acquired IP.
1. You have absolutely nothing to base that on, as this announcement is about as vague as it gets.

2. The one thing we've seen so far, Guardians of the Galaxy, is acquired IP replacing the beloved Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. The Twilight Zone is licensed IP, which is ten times worse than acquired IP.

3. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is an adaptation of a fairy tale published in 1812. It is, for all intents and purposes, acquired IP. If Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm were alive in 1940, Disney would have bought their company. Aside from Mickey and the gang, Disney doesn't do original storytelling. They're modern storytellers adapting classic archetypal myths.

4. Pixar is just as much acquired IP as Marvel is. Replacing Bugs with Spider-Man is zero net movement in the direction of IP.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If they announced a new Stripper Experience... would you not expect some complaints?

Try to use some real expressive thoughts instead of hyperboyle next time.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe, along with Star Wars, is one of the last unifying cultural touchstones in a society that is as fractured and contentious as it has been in decades. The MCU is the modern myth. It belongs at Disney.

^ Statement of opinion, not fact.

Ismael Flores

Dear lord no... Are they seriously just going to be giving the Hollywood Backlot the Mission Breakout/Pixar Pier treatment where they just tack a bunch of props onto buildings and change the names of things?
seems like its just everything from the side street in front of Mission break out and then into bugsland and probably balance of timon lot.

At least for now

Jones14

I said this over in IU, but I'm wondering if the plan is to repurpose the ITTBAB building into the show that's opening in Paris. That would expain why it's closing first.

__r.jr

The Marvel Cinematic Universe, along with Star Wars, is one of the last unifying cultural touchstones in a society that is as fractured and contentious as it has been in decades. The MCU is the modern myth. It belongs at Disney.

^ Statement of opinion, not fact.

Know what else is also fact? Both have no connection whatsoever to a California themed park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom