News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

Ismael Flores

So does this mean it doesn't open with Avengers coaster or Spider-man ride? I don't like how it says that it will be anchored by GOTG. Meaning the other 1 or 2 attractions will be lesser attractions. Or they could be saying GOTG is the anchor because of its size, presence and its what we re familiar with.

I take it as mission break out will be the main thing we will see as we Enter the land. Looks like at this point the street along Hyperion will be the main entrance into the area.

I’m hoping the existing bugsland entrance becomes a minor entry point.
I always though they should extend the whole buena vista or winery look there and then it opens up Into a small garden plaza but their is no chance of that

brb1006

I just went for my afternoon HealthWalk and gave this some thought...

This is exciting news, and yet it's incredibly vague and doesn't say much more than the previously vague non-announcement announcement at last July's D23 Expo. The only real news today is that we finally have dates and a location;

• It's Tough To Be A Bug - Closed Permanently Yesterday (and aren't they sneaky at doing it that way, to avoid AP drama!)
  • Flik's Fun Fair - Closing Permanently Late Summer (hopefully when the AP's are still blocked out in mid-August, to avoid drama!)
  • Phase 1 Marvel Land - Opening 2020 (that will only be meet n' greets or a show or something, they can't build a new ride in 2 years can they?)
  • Phase 2 Marvel Land - Sometime in the 2020's (even more vagueness)
I say bring it on. Flik's Fun Fair is semi-cute, but it has long outlived its usefulness as a way to get more rides into a failing DCA. Paul Pressler moved on from A Bug's Land, and it's about time we did too.

But for those here who are suddenly distraught at the thought of losing Flik's Fun Fair, I offer up my condolences and have found for you the most impressive on-ride videos of the four Flik's Fun Fair rides available. Enjoy the 90 second cycle time splendor of Paul Pressler's brilliant addition to DCA 1.0.

Party like it's 2002 kids!

Francis Ladybug Boogie

Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies, or The Slowest Most Boring Bumper Cars On Earth, Presented by Disney Legal

Flik's Flyers (Actually not a bad spinner, and being retained and rethemed as Inside Out for Pixar Pier)

Heimlich's Chew Chew Train (The ride we love to hate! And apparently the ride that bored ride operator actually just hates.)

Love Some Jerk With A Camera's take on Bug's Land from his DCA retrospective.

Ismael Flores

So is this really only taking up Bug's Land and nothing else? This is going to be a pretty small land then isn't it? All this time I was expecting like the whole west side of the park to become all Marvel.
You mean east side. :)

I think they will eventually also take up the 3 or so acres south of mission break out as well.

Ismael Flores

Hmmm you have me thinking. Buzz closes is TL. Antman shooter ride in ITTBAB, Avengers coaster behind GOTG. Spiderman ride eventually as final phase in the backlot.

I was also looking at the artwork for the avengers ride for Hong Kong released a while back and the art for California that was release today has similar building.

What I like is how the hills that serve as a backdrop in Hong Kong were shown in that art.
Makes me wonder if in order to control sitlines they can build the Avengers building against Carsland and then extend part of the Carsland mountain range by theming the back of the show building like they did the parade building next to Screamin

mickEblu

I was also looking at the artwork for the avengers ride for Hong Kong released a while back and the art for California that was release today has similar building.

What I like is how the hills that serve as a backdrop in Hong Kong were shown in that art.
Makes me wonder if in order to control sitlines they can build the Avengers building against Carsland and then extend part of the Carsland mountain range by theming the back of the show building like they did the parade building next to Screamin

Sightlines from where in Bugs land/ Marvel land? The only place I think you can see Cars land of from in front of ITTBAB.

Hattieboxghost110

Lol. Absolutely bruh. Absolutely.

How’s that work trip going for you. Your presence on this thread was missed.

Thank you, bruh. Not gonna lie, it's been pretty sweet.

The hotel hooked us up with King Seared Salmon & Filet Mignon for dinner, as well as a hot breakfust & lunch. I'm bummed I have to leave tomorrow, but oh well.

Check out the Splash Mountain Refurb thread, I gave you a shout out. ;)

Ismael Flores

Wait so are we thinking that the land will open in 2020 and the two attractions will follow after? Are they capable of building two attractions by that date?
Normally they take about three years to build major attractions but I’m wondering if they have been working behind the scenes and getting props and other aesthetic pieces done in advance.
It would be outback of the question to build a few large buildings quick and then add facades while ride is being prepared inside. Seems like this will be the first major project that doesn’t have lots of hand carved rockwork.

Star Wars galaxy edge will in theory be done in three years and that includes the rivers renovation and lots of hand carved rockwork.

The buildings for galaxy edge village are not even fully framed and they are suppose to be done and fully themed in a year

nevol

No we wont. They ll come after. I think an Ant man shooter is opening with the land.
Where did this ant man shooter talk come from? I thought chapek just announced spiderman and the avengers. I'm hoping for a gut rebuild, no overlays. TOT was overlaid. Lets clear the land and get an original buildout. We'll get the best of both worlds if they phase it and overlay hollywoodland/expand behind the backlot like they wanted to, with half the land an overlay and half of it original.

Ismael Flores

Sightlines from where in Bugs land/ Marvel land? The only place I think you can see Cars land of from in front of ITTBAB.
I was thinking of site lines that might be visible from within Carsland.
This new art seems to show tall buildings and I’m sure an Avengers ride would have a pretty huge structure even if they sunk it a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom