News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

Not finding this hard to believe at all. Backstage areas are incredibly unsupervised; Disney puts most of their resources on watching onstage areas. Put Buzzy in a stroller, wrap him up in a few blankets, roll him a few hundred feet to the park exit, and boom, you've got yourselves thousands of dollars in the Disney fan black market.

The best way to protect Buzzy would've been for Disney to remove and preserve him any time in the past 15 years or so the attraction's been closed.

due to the knowledge needed im thinking he was saved not taken for sale to highesg bidder. likely somebody who like many feel like disney already failed....you know 15 years ago....im not even that mad.

Disney Maddux

The same guy who leaked out that CC is set for demolition next year, also just said this:
"Gonna drop the bomb. Disney is currently looking to gut Wonders of Life for upcoming construction. This is finally the end of the road, I have no idea when construction on anything will start or the scale of what will happen."

Speedy71

Not sure if this deserves it’s own thread but this just seemed odd to me.

0br1u2.jpg

Bacon

The same guy who leaked out that CC is set for demolition next year, also just said this:
"Gonna drop the bomb. Disney is currently looking to gut Wonders of Life for upcoming construction. This is finally the end of the road, I have no idea when construction on anything will start or the scale of what will happen."
Where?

BCNHF

What probably happened is this:

1. BackDoorDisney admitted he's a CM. CM's can get backstage to EPCOT because that's where the Center for Living Well is; aka Disneys private doctor place. https://www.myclw.com

2. BDD Tells the guard he's there for CFLW, and they let you through. He parks in the backstage parking lot but does his exploration instead (hence why all his exploring is at Epcot, WoL, Communicore, Imagination).

3. BDD is a nerdy kid like 20 years old. He's not the smartest of kin and loves attention. So they post these exploration videos online.

4. Buzzy is stolen, either by BDD, his friends, or construction workers working literally next door via watching BDD's video of him walking around and his path so they know what to do.

5. Disney fires BDD and arrests him, mostly because he's shown leaving fingerprints all over the dang place and the first thing Disney does during on-boarding is....finger print you.

6. At the same time, there is rumors of stuff from Imageworks going missing.

So, BDD may not be THE culprit, but he is absolutely responsible for alot of the missing stuff, if not the stuff from image works.

Backstage videos are cool and all, but it's more and more a bad idea in the modern era.

Disney Maddux

It makes perfect sense that the WoL pavilion would get repurposed next as they will need somewhere for the crowds to go if they are to take SSE offline for a couple years. Rat will also help. And that 3rd Soarin theater. And a new film for The Land. And that new BatB sing along. IMO.
But the real question is... What will finally replace WoL? Personally, I think we'll either be seeing a second GotG ride go in the space to give us a mini-Guardians area, or see it become a small pavilion with a restaurant, shop, and maybe a show.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Lookin at you Hoot Gibson
What if he framed BDD somehow?
It makes perfect sense that the WoL pavilion would get repurposed next as they will need somewhere for the crowds to go if they are to take SSE offline for a couple years. Rat will also help. And that 3rd Soarin theater. And a new film for The Land. And that new BatB sing along. IMO.
I feel like they may be planning to move EPCOT Character Spot into WoL. Martin said something is planned for WoL but nothing with a valuable theme. I believe those were his words but I may be mistaken.

He didn’t exactly say he wasn’t arrested. Just that it wasn’t for that.
That's what Martin said earlier in this thread. Seems to me like BDD was arrested, but probably just for trespassing or something.
@ThatDreamfinderGuy on Twitter.

jt04

But the real question is... What will finally replace WoL? Personally, I think we'll either be seeing a second GotG ride go in the space to give us a mini-Guardians area, or see it become a small pavilion with a restaurant, shop, and maybe a show.

i have tried to think of what they might do and draw a blank. It will probably be a rather quick and temporary project. With a shelf life of 5 or 6 years. Just a guess.

I think you might be right now that I think about it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Updates from people talking about this on Twitter:

-BackDoorDisney was inside WoL at the same time Buzzy was stolen. He was caught and arrested for trespassing... However, a search was done on him, his car, and his house, and Buzzy wasn’t found anywhere. It is now firmly believed that BackDoorDisney isn’t the culprit, and was just in WoL at the worst possible time: The same time someone else was stealing the iconic Buzzy animatronic.

-Report of the police photos say the frame that kept Buzzy attached to his chair were cut at and broke, oil from the broke machinery spurt out everywhere... No other damage.

-Many people are enraged at Disney for leaving him back there to rot for 11 years, but are also begging Disney to find Buzzy and put him in the Archives.
A news article stated that according to sources, Cranium Command is set to be demo'd soon due to structural issues. Can any insiders confirm this?

For Pete's sake, post links!!

We can't verify summaries of what people said. We need to see the source and see what their source is.

As far as I can tell, there's just one person who made the claim Buzzy was stolen, because I saw that claim. Everything else so far has been an unsourced game of telephone.

Last edited:

hawkeye.barton

What probably happened is this:

1. BackDoorDisney admitted he's a CM. CM's can get backstage to EPCOT because that's where the Center for Living Well is; aka Disneys private doctor place. https://www.myclw.com

2. BDD Tells the guard he's there for CFLW, and they let you through. He parks in the backstage parking lot but does his exploration instead (hence why all his exploring is at Epcot, WoL, Communicore, Imagination).

CLW is its own building adjacent to Epcot cast parking, but separate. It's not really "backstage Epcot." There are of course other likely scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom