News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

Is there a very simple explanation? The clothing was stolen - I think that has been positively confirmed. Maybe someone then decided that the animatronic (now "naked") should be quietly moved to a safer location? In the meantime, someone else heard about the theft, (even a CM) went to "check it out - or even get photos of a naked Buzzy - and he was missing. He then put 2+2 together and got 5. The rumor of the stolen clothes was wrong - Buzzy himself was stolen!

Edited - many posters have been thinking, and have already posted, the same thoughts. Sorry.
You ruined the sales of tin foil hats

Disnerd2003

Looking at sonswa's twitter he also did Discovery Island recently.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's the mystery person who sent MickeyViews the behind the scenes WOL photos.
I've watched, and talked to @MouseBrayden regularly for a long time. I know that kid has a good heart, and would NEVER would collab with someone who breaks the law. Not only personally would he want to do that (conscience) but also for the credibility and withstanding of the good perception people have of his name and channel.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No, but that doesn't mean we should distrust.

It’s not “distrust” - it is “inconclusive”. Aka don’t extend beyond what we really do know.

Too many don’t know how to draw the line between what they can support with credible evidence and what is unknown. They just want to fill in the gaps with what they think makes sense to them at the time.

DeletedAccount55555

Yeah, at this point I'm taking everything that comes out with a grain of salt, unless it comes from you or official documentation. There's so much conflicting info, that it's hard to trust any of it. You've proven many many times that stuff slowly reveals itself, so I trust you with this more than anyone.

Police reports aren’t conflicting info. You have tangible information on one side and absolutely nothing but hearsay on the other.

People are just choosing to believe self-proclaimed insiders who insist it happened and they have sources.

Goofyernmost

I figured it out. By doing a little research I found out that Buzzy's builder was a fellow named Geppetto. Buzzy always wanted to be a real boy and just recently his wish came true. Tinker Bell or one of the field full of magical, pixie dust laden other fairies, found an open door left by one of the many, many trespassers, got in and sprinkled our old friend Buzzy and, presto-chango Buzzy came to life. The first thing he did was rip off his clothes to make sure that everything actually became anatomically correct, redressed and left through the same door the pixie duster used to get in. He then hitchhiked to Port Canaveral and stowed away on the next ship in the process of getting back to Italy and dear old dad. I think a quick look at his dad will reveal a strong family resemblance. BTW, you're all welcome. I was happy to solve this problem.

1546096193731.png

1546096342474.png

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

I figured it out. By doing a little research I found out that Buzzy's builder was a fellow named Geppetto. Buzzy always wanted be a real boy and just recently his wish came true. Tinker Bell or one of the field full of magical, pixie dust laden other fairies, found an open door left by one of the many, many trespassers, got in and sprinkled our old friend Buzzy and, presto-chango Buzzy came to life. The first thing he did was rip off his clothes to make sure that everything actually became anatomically correct, redressed and left through the same door the pixie duster used to get in. He then hitchhiked to Port Canaveral and stowed away on the next ship in the process of getting back to Italy and dear old dad. I think a quick look at his dad will reveal a strong family resemblance. BTW, you're all welcome. I was happy to solve this problem.

View attachment 336772

View attachment 336775
Case closed.

NormC

Ummm... this....

View attachment 336748

If Buzzy was stolen and Disney is telling "news sources" that Buzzy was stolen, then where are the "news sources" that would be saying right bout now: "We've reached out to Disney and asked if Buzzy was stolen, and they have indeed confirmed that Buzzy was stolen."?

'Cause, I can't find them. All the news sources that are reporting on this keep mentioning the theft of clothes, not Buzzy itself.
Disney has not confirmed anything officially. We only have a police report.

Last edited:

tribbleorlfl

So many people are obsessed with sources, facts and logic that the presumable outcome is that it didn't happen because... well because, there's not enough "proof".
Look, I get how confidential sourcing in journalism works, but something about this comment makes me sick to my stomach. People not being obsessed enough about sources, facts and logic have gotten us to the conspiracy theory-driven, post-truth world we find ourselves in.

Goofyernmost

Look, I get how confidential sourcing in journalism works, but something about this comment makes me sick to my stomach. People not being obsessed enough about sources, facts and logic have gotten us to the conspiracy theory-driven, post-truth world we find ourselves in.
That along with everybody is an expert on absolutely everything and everyone has a different take on the situations. Alternative facts rule the world now. I don't blame people for starting to at least ask because, as you said, we have gotten into this situation because we just flat out believed what someone said without asking anything. And even if we do, they all become 007's and something as insignificant as a molded pile of nut's, bolts, metal and plastic becomes the same degree of importance as the nuclear code. The only solution is to not believe anyone about anything. We can't be any worse off. We just can go by what we think sounds the most logical.

Last edited:

s8film40

Edited - many posters have been thinking, and have already posted, the same thoughts. Sorry.
I think this is the most reasonable conclusion to draw and so most people have accepted this.

The whole AA being stolen by a team of people backstage is the more exciting and interesting story so of course we would all like to believe that, but just doesn’t seem to be adding up.
I think the big issue we have here is there are all these supposed “insiders” who aren’t really sharing information so much as just playing games. It’s more about bragging to everyone that they know something and have some inside information, but of course they can’t say what and where it came from. All these hints and clues and alluding to having all this info to me just comes off as very childish and immature so I usually just completely discount that information. There are a few people worth trusting providing they’re actually offering some details and not just vague hints that could connect to whatever truth happens to come to pass.

My95cobras

As the writer of this article I have to say that I don't think you quite got what I'm saying. So many people are obsessed with sources, facts and logic that the presumable outcome is that it didn't happen because... well because, there's not enough "proof". Yet in my article I break down so much of the reasons why this could be a fact since there is evidence and reasonable doubt out there. It's not enough to just pout and say "where's your sources?!", it's for you to come to an educated outcome. If you think it didn't happen, that's on you but I think it's disingenuous to say that only because nothing official has been leaked out yet.

To hell with those pesky facts!

Flat earth!
Mermaids!
Bigfoot!
Something else dumb!

They’re all true. Who needs facts whe you have an NBA starbtelling us the earth is Flat!

I, as most people, need facts. Actual facts. Not just rumors and conjecture and assumptions.

It could have happened, but until there is proof and facts, I take it with a grain of salt.

DeletedAccount55555

If I’m supposed to believe anything Tom Coorless or marni1971 says, why don’t they at least explain in some detail what these “sources” say happened? Or how that wouldn’t be covered in the police report?

Or is the real problem that their sources were either nonexistent or wrong, and they’re not saying anything close to concrete because that would reveal they didn’t have the story right to begin with?

But God forbid I question the almighty insiders.

NormC

If I’m supposed to believe anything Tom Coorless or marni1971 says,
Tom Corliss is just a blogger with connections. Sometimes he is right, sometimes he isn't. I wouldn't put a lot of trust in him.
Martin isn't an insider but he knows many true insiders. His sources are good. He does not release information until he has had a chance to vet it with multiple sources. He has a proven track record and does not spread misinformation. He has not confirmed anything yet as he is still looking into it. He has only stated there is more to the story.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Or is the real problem that their sources were either nonexistent..

I’ve said it before. I don’t really care if you don’t believe anything I say. I don’t do this for fame or glory.

and they’re not saying anything close to concrete because that would reveal they didn’t have the story right to begin with?
I don’t really care if you don’t think I’m right or not. Please see above.

Last edited:

LSLS

If I’m supposed to believe anything Tom Coorless or marni1971 says, why don’t they at least explain in some detail what these “sources” say happened? Or how that wouldn’t be covered in the police report?

Or is the real problem that their sources were either nonexistent or wrong, and they’re not saying anything close to concrete because that would reveal they didn’t have the story right to begin with?

But God forbid I question the almighty insiders.

, because there can be more than one incident. You have a police report from August, and you have jumped to the conclusion that case is closed, while yelling at others who think there is something more to it. I will say it again, the police report does absolutely nothing to prove martin wrong. Unless you believe the photos were doctored, the AA is gone, so something happened to it. Martin only stated so far it was unauthorized. That could mean stolen. That could mean a department moved it without going through proper protocol.

Last edited by a moderator:

s8film40

Because when the actual facts eventually come out if anything doesn’t line up it’ll ruin their track record.

The interesting thing about this particular rumor is unlike the vast majority of other theme park rumors it’s based on the past. So unlike other rumors about future additions changes etc in the parks you can’t just fall back on the “the plans changed so it didn’t happen according to the initial concept”. So the solution is keep things as vague as possible and hopefully find a way to connect the hint to the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom