But Seriously !

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't mind when people stare, it doesn't bother me at all and they'd either get my "b word" face or my overly sweet smile face.

The only time I've ever been made to feel self conscious/judged was when a family tried to smoosh themselves against us in a parade and then took my MILs spot when she bent forward to pick up a shoe! The husband/son literally had his crotch to my butt. We told them they can't stand there and need to move to somewhere else. The wife/woman called me a "b word", but they did move. I felt like I needed to go get tested or something afterwards. Hahaha

When people stand this close to us I tell my husband to start up his special talent, when he lets the gas flow people start to move. ;)

Tigger#1

I have tigger ears that I have worn for years to every park and all I get are positive reactions. Even from the old lady at the campground on the way home after I told her that I had been to Disney World. DW won't let me wear them anywhere else though.

Dads 2 Boys

Hi folks
I have a question for yourselves that has an unusually serious note (for me).
This May whilst on our Vacation my good self and my DW purchased some ears (i got the pirate ones and she got the pirate princess set).This was at AK and we proceeded to don said ears and set about our day at the park.now all went well until after the parade (the parade entertainers thought the ears were great).We were waiting for the crowd to disperse from the tail end of the parade and we both noticed we were gettign a few looks from various guests as if to say "why are you wearing those you are grown ups".Normally this would not have bothered us but we both kind of felt self concious (sp) and ended up removing said ears which never saw the light of day again.I know it's kind of our fault and we should have just ignored it but for some reason it got to us :(.
For the most part guests at Disney seem to be pretty un-judgmental and we have found that for those two weeks neither of us felt at all self concious of having lots of visible tattoo's :) ( DW gets a lot of dissaproving looks at home)
So to wind up my long ramble i ask you good people of the internet

"have you ever been made to feel uncumfortable/stupid whilst at the world and how did you deal with it ?

Thanks for sharing :D

This may sound a bit harsh but you feeling uncomfortable is a you problem. Who cares what they think if u like them and are proud to wear your ears? I'm someone who generally worries what people think but I walked around for a week with my best friend wearing his personalized ears (bought for him by his gf) for a week and I didn't give a damn what people thought. Hell, I'm sure we probably looked like a big gay couple and that didn't even bother me.

See below
ry%3D110

Lisalyn

When I'm in my happy place, I'm going to be happy. Be it dancing to parade music, acting a bit nutty, singing, donning any type of hat or whatever. I have gotten strange looks doing character meet and greets on my solo trips but I don't care. I want an autograph and I want my photo with the characters. After all we are all kids at heart and never too old for Disney. Ask Walt! :happy: It is the one place I can pretty much be as carefree as I want with no thoughts of anything negative. I recharge and upon leaving - go back to the real world. However for those 7 or 8 days....it's nice to just be!

wdwfan22

I'm asking because I really don't know - is it mostly old people who stay at the Grand Floridian, or have reason to be in the lobby? I would find that strange, but I don't know. If I'd been in your situation, I think I would have been wondering "Why are all these old people here?" (non-judgementally, of course.) I was only in the GF once, and it was a long time ago for just a little while, so I don't even remember what kinds of people I saw there.

No it's not mostly old people who stay at the Grand, as that's the only place where my family stays and we are far from old. The Floridian can be a little more stuffy at night as that's when most guests are back at the resort for dinner and dressed up a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom