Busch vs. AK

BwanaBob

Originally posted by celticdog
A small correction here, but the BG-VA does not have a lot of animals. There is a Bald Eagle display that contains rescued and severly injured birds that could no longer survive in the wild. There is a very small wolf display, a bird show (parrots, raptors, owls, etc.) and a petting zoo. Nothing like what you'd find in Tampa. BG-VA is more of a mini tour of Europe. BG-VA is not even close to being on the same level as DAK. It's still a beautiful park.

Thanks celtic...
sorry...
I'm a Tampa resident. Never been to BG VA.
just assumed.

Chefjason1974

Originally posted by Bill
To be quite honest, Bush Gardens in Tampa stinks. It's not a theme park at all. It's not very nice, it's like everything Disney isn't and doesn't want to be. AK is a totally, 100%, different experience then Busch Gardens.

This is the dumbest thing i have heard on these boards yet!!! To even try to compare AK to BG in the first place is a mistake but to say that BG is not a theme park at all is absolutely assinine!! AK is a park that has less Attractions but better marketing! The BG has become a very good park with a very diverse amount of attractions. The show Katonga is as good as possibly even better than the lion king. The Roller coasters are awesome & offer a differnte type of thrill each one. Also the value goes to BG. Where else can you pay $59.00 & come back for the rest of the year. To try to compare AK & BG is a mistake but to bash BG because you think It is not AK is also a mistake. BG has been araound a lotlonger than AK has been & never modeled itself after anyone. Plus free beer!

celticdog

Originally posted by BwanaBob
Thanks celtic...
sorry...
I'm a Tampa resident. Never been to BG VA.
just assumed.

No need to be sorry.

I also for got the mention the Clydesdale horses. Plus the ever present rats-with-wings (pigeons).

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Chefjason1974
This is the dumbest thing i have heard on these boards yet!!! To even try to compare AK to BG in the first place is a mistake but to say that BG is not a theme park at all is absolutely assinine!! AK is a park that has less Attractions but better marketing! The BG has become a very good park with a very diverse amount of attractions. The show Katonga is as good as possibly even better than the lion king. The Roller coasters are awesome & offer a differnte type of thrill each one. Also the value goes to BG. Where else can you pay $59.00 & come back for the rest of the year. To try to compare AK & BG is a mistake but to bash BG because you think It is not AK is also a mistake. BG has been araound a lotlonger than AK has been & never modeled itself after anyone. Plus free beer!
You even try to compare the cleanness and the theming of BG to AK, and you're in trouble. The fact that BG is offering annual passes for that cheap is showing that the locals wouldn't normally pay more to go back. I know I would never go back there. Roller coasters aren't the only thing in the world my friend. I mean, AK is themed like nothing else. BG isn't a theme park. It's an amusement park. Because if it's a theme park, then it's one of the worst theme parks on the planet. The theming isn't there. Well, good theming anyway. You have the nice view of chain link fences there, and they're more carne rides then anywhere else. Sorry, BG isn't a nice park at all. I'd take AK over BG anyday. Since you're a coaster nut, and you don't care about the quality of the rest of the park, then you would enjoy BG much more then I would. I like to take in the park as a whole.

SmithGett

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Bill
You even try to compare the cleanness and the theming of BG to AK, and you're in trouble. The fact that BG is offering annual passes for that cheap is showing that the locals wouldn't normally pay more to go back. I know I would never go back there. Roller coasters aren't the only thing in the world my friend. I mean, AK is themed like nothing else. BG isn't a theme park. It's an amusement park. Because if it's a theme park, then it's one of the worst theme parks on the planet. The theming isn't there. Well, good theming anyway. You have the nice view of chain link fences there, and they're more carne rides then anywhere else. Sorry, BG isn't a nice park at all. I'd take AK over BG anyday. Since you're a coaster nut, and you don't care about the quality of the rest of the park, then you would enjoy BG much more then I would. I like to take in the park as a whole.

i didnt mean for people to get so mad about the topic. i just was curious. i understand you enjoy AK more than Busch, but to be so hostile about something as trivial as a theme/amusement park is disturbing. we are all entitled to our own opinions, but please try not to be so aggressive. its not needed. these posts and boards are for fun, not to make someone feel stupid for enjoying Busch over AK or Dinosaur over RnR. get my drift? thanks.

Chefjason1974

Originally posted by SmithGett
i didnt mean for people to get so mad about the topic. i just was curious. i understand you enjoy AK more than Busch, but to be so hostile about something as trivial as a theme/amusement park is disturbing. we are all entitled to our own opinions, but please try not to be so aggressive. its not needed. these posts and boards are for fun, not to make someone feel stupid for enjoying Busch over AK or Dinosaur over RnR. get my drift? thanks.
ExaCTLY

sYMANTICS AT WORK HERE:hammer: :hammer:

the-reason14

Having been to both places IMO Animal Kingdom wins. Maybe its cuz its disney, or maybe cuz you dont have to drive all the way to tampa to get there. I really dont know I just love DAK more than BG.

A couple a questions.

Did they close that suspended monarail ride to make way for their version of Kiliminjaro Safaris Rhino Rally.

Is rhino rally better than KS, because I saw a travel channel special on rhino and it looked cool. Which is longer and better?

And Finally, which one came out first KS or RR.

speck76

KS came out first and is better IMO that RR. RR had the ability to be cooler, but the raft part is a little too slow. RR also gets much closer too the animals (we almost ran over a croc when I was last on, and the rhino was so close I could have touched it). KS is longer by about 10 minutes or so.

The suspended monorail was closed before the "Edge of Africa", which is a great close-up exhibit, was built. The monorail was also very old, and closed frequently. A few times when I was on, the AC did not work, and it was very hot.

lamarvenoy

Apples to Oranges. Disney's AK is a THEME park with an Animal theme(notazu) the themeing is incredible and very realistic. The whole park was designed to make you feel like you are in a different place on earth. Busch Gardens is a zoo that over the years has become an theme park "type" attraction. It was there LONG before Disney and it started out as little more than a zoo next to a brewery. It is in downtown Tampa(that land must be worth a FORTUNE now) its expansion caused many unsightly problems including the loss of isolation and at some points the only thing sepperating you from the street is a chainlink fence,very unattractive!It is a also very dirty-for lack of a better word. It has some incredible class A rides but its theme is not there. It lacks class. The annual passes are cheap for a reason, and they have a waterpark called adventure island very close by also owned by busch.That water park is DISGUSTING, the water is greasy and the park is nasty. I have been to Busch Gardens many times but I don't go out of my way to go there- I'll do ANYTHING to go to Disney...even the AK.

speck76

Not exacly correct:wave:

I would not call that downtown Tampa....it is not even close to downtown. Also, BG started as gardens built next to the brewery...hence the name Busch Gardens. The African part was built in the mid to late 70's when AB decided to make it a theme park open to the GP. If you look at the area between Gwazi and the dragon area, that is the original Busch Gardens (hence all of the flowers) Gwazi itself sits on the old brewery location.

You can see the growth from these old maps:

http://www.themeparkbrochures.com/maps/196x/bgt196x_1.html

http://www.themeparkbrochures.com/maps/1985/bgt1985.html

http://www.themeparkbrochures.com/maps/2003/bgt2003.html

Pixie Duster

Originally posted by ISTCrew20

I love Animal Kingdom. It is my favorite park. I'm telling you...it is NOT a "half-Day" park. If you think that you can do everything in a half of a day, you have not been to Animal Kingdom. It is so detailed, so greatly themed. I have been going since it opened, and still find new things all the time. Animal Kingdom is much better.

Oh yes, and what is up with the ads saying Katonga being the first theme park production of Broadway caliber...I think Festival of the Lion King is as close as you can get to Broadway.

AMEN BUDDY! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Big deal that Busch has more rides, it's older! Logic will tell you that's how it's gonna be. Busch's demographic is not people who really enjoy entertainment. I doubt Katonga will do well because most people at BG are not into that sorta thing whereas most Disney guests are.

speck76

Katonga will do fine, or as fine as it needs to do. The Ice Skating show previously in the same theater as Katonga had been playing for many years, and was pretty full most of the time.

Pixie Duster

I suppose what I mean is the people that are already at Busch will see it, but not many people will make a special trip because of this show.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Pixie Duster
Busch's demographic is not people who really enjoy entertainment.

Oh Brother! :hammer: Here we go again... :mad: But, I promised I would be nice. *runs far away from this thread* :) :wave:

Glasgow

I think "vs" threads always turn out in the same way .. people always get miffed that others don't agree with their opinion :animwink:

Anyway, I think Busch Gardens is a great park. The rides are fantastic and really exhilirating, for the most part. It is a thrill park IMO. AK is quite good as well. The theming is amazing and the interaction with animals is really well done. I do feel like its still a few rides short of being "done". It's definitely "Disney" though

Can't both parks be good at the same time?? :sohappy:

speck76

Both parks are good and fun.

The DAK backers want SAK to be good and BG not as good

The BG backers what BG to be good, and DAK not as good.

I just can't wait until EE opens at DAK and the New coaster opens next summer at BGT, as it is also a one-of-a-kind in the USA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom