Burbank....we have a problem!

flavious27

I have never seen anything at GA that approaches anywhere near the average quality of Disney or the best of IOA. Seeing the coasters from different areas of the park is not too bad, but seeing the poor quality workmanship and materials used to make a lame attempt at themeing is bad. The bottom line is that they don't need to theme Six Flags. They target a local market that will go whether they are immersed in a themed environment or immersed in nothing other than steel. It's too bad that they won't spend the money because studies have shown that themeing can increase the bottom line if done properly.

The Lakefront and Frontier Adventures need the most amount of work. The Boardwalk needs to be reimagined, it is the weakest part of the park. Fantasy Forrest needs a little bit of work, along with the picnic grounds. Main Street and Movie Town are fine.

The bottom line can be helped if they improve the park and have the same ads that ran in the 90's that GA is closer and cheaper. It will also help them out to improve rt 537 from 195 to the park. With the amount of land that is owned by the park, 2200 acres, SF can use the property better year round.

Another thing that always baffles me when I visit Magic Kingdom is the lack of major entertainment compared to Disneyland. Take a look at the two park entertainment calendars with the major offerings (not including bands and minor area entertainment) for this Saturday, as a simple example;

Disneyland 8:00AM to Midnight (Hotel Magic Morning entry at 7:00AM, Main Street USA open until 1:00AM)

Christmas Fantasy Parade - 2:30PM & 5:30PM
Believe In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular - 8:40PM
Fantasmic! - 9:00PM & 10:30PM
Carnation Plaza, Big Band Swing Dancing with The Doc Anello Orchestra - 7:00PM to 11:00PM
Tomorrowland Terrace, Dancing with The Suburban Legends - 7:00PM to 11:30PM
Golden Horseshoe Saloon, Billy Hill & The Hillbillies - Five Shows Scheduled

Magic Kingdom 8:00AM to 1:00AM

Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade - 3:00PM
Wishes Fireworks Spectacular - 10:00PM
Main Street Electrical Parade - 9:00PM and 11:00PM
Dream Along With Mickey - Six Shows Scheduled

It's basically two tired parades and the usual fireworks for the Magic Kingdom this weekend. That's a pretty weak lineup if they want to try and be the "flagship" theme park of the fleet.

There's just a spark and a sparkle missing at Magic Kingdom compared to Disneyland. It shows up in the schedules, and it can also be hard to quantify, and yet it's there. Or, in the case of the Magic Kingdom, not really there.

1. DL offers a seasonal parade
2. DL runs it twice
3. DL offers seasonal fireworks
4. DL trumps our nightime parades with their fantasmics
5. DL has a FL show (which we have an unused venue for)
6. DL has a TL show (which we have an unused venue for)

Sigh.

flavious27

I guess I am biased because thrill rides scare the pants off me lol....I went on El Toro and thought I was gonna fly right out of my seat! My husband had a blast when we went (he is a thrill junkie) for me I get more out of WDW and Uni cause I am a sissy :ROFLOL:

El Toro is the only ride I have every been on that scared me the whole time, it is going to be sick as the years pass and the wood starts to loosen up.

disneyrcks

El Toro is the only ride I have every been on that scared me the whole time, it is going to be sick as the years pass and the wood starts to loosen up.

I thought I would feel more secure since it doesn't go upside down but not the case lol....hopefully I can work up the courage to ride it again in the future. Unfortunately Kingda Ka (sp?) was down when we went so we will make another trip next season so my husband can ride it. It looks intense!

TP2000

1. DL offers a seasonal parade
2. DL runs it twice
3. DL offers seasonal fireworks
4. DL trumps our nightime parades with their fantasmics
5. DL has a FL show (which we have an unused venue for)
6. DL has a TL show (which we have an unused venue for)

Sigh.

Now I feel bad. Maybe I went too far for a WDW-centric board? :eek:

How about this to cheer you up? Magic Kingdom has a HUGE Castle! Compared to the teeny tiny Disneyland Castle with a glandular problem.

3187905438_dd3c902a9d.jpg
4173018803_4008bc749d.jpg

flavious27

I thought I would feel more secure since it doesn't go upside down but not the case lol....hopefully I can work up the courage to ride it again in the future. Unfortunately Kingda Ka (sp?) was down when we went so we will make another trip next season so my husband can ride it. It looks intense!

Just remember that the only way that most people are killed at an amusement park is because they have a pre existing health condition. Just have the doctor give you a good bill of health beforehand. Kingda Ka looks intense and it is, all fun.

flavious27

Now I feel bad. Maybe I went too far for a WDW-centric board? :eek:

How about this to cheer you up? Magic Kingdom has a HUGE Castle! Compared to the teeny tiny Disneyland Castle with a glandular problem.

3187905438_dd3c902a9d.jpg
4173018803_4008bc749d.jpg

Might as well put the rest of the castles on here.

parisfamilyvacation6.jpg

DLP

Castle%201.jpg

TDL

hong-kong-disneyland-fantasy-world.jpg

HKDL

DisneyMusician2

DL has always felt superior in many ways, although some of their Fantasyland rides are just as cruddy as some of the WDW ones.

I also always think that when your resort is an 1/8 of the size of the one in Florida, there is a lot more to go around and fill the parks as far as entertainment goes.

This is not a pass by any means as far as new attractions in WDW goes, but the small size makes things much easier to fill an entertainment schedule to capacity and help with the maintenance and other issues.

I also always feel the need to point out how much money WDW has put into maintaining and refurbing its resorts and hotel areas over the past few years, because people seem to think that improvements like that don't matter.

No one will be around to stay in those hotels if all WDW keeps getting are rides and parades that were cast off from California. The FL expansion better be as immersive as they say it will be, or there may be a riot.

dueling dragons was originally designed for beastly kingdom... or at least the concept was... when the project was scrapped the imagineers were "let go" and soon hired by uni to help design IOA

leighann

Another thing that always baffles me when I visit Magic Kingdom is the lack of major entertainment compared to Disneyland. Take a look at the two park entertainment calendars with the major offerings (not including bands and minor area entertainment) for this Saturday, as a simple example;

Disneyland 8:00AM to Midnight (Hotel Magic Morning entry at 7:00AM, Main Street USA open until 1:00AM)

Christmas Fantasy Parade - 2:30PM & 5:30PM
Believe In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular - 8:40PM
Fantasmic! - 9:00PM & 10:30PM
Carnation Plaza, Big Band Swing Dancing with The Doc Anello Orchestra - 7:00PM to 11:00PM
Tomorrowland Terrace, Dancing with The Suburban Legends - 7:00PM to 11:30PM
Golden Horseshoe Saloon, Billy Hill & The Hillbillies - Five Shows Scheduled

Magic Kingdom 8:00AM to 1:00AM

Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade - 3:00PM
Wishes Fireworks Spectacular - 10:00PM
Main Street Electrical Parade - 9:00PM and 11:00PM
Dream Along With Mickey - Six Shows Scheduled

It's basically two tired parades and the usual fireworks for the Magic Kingdom this weekend. That's a pretty weak lineup if they want to try and be the "flagship" theme park of the fleet.

There's just a spark and a sparkle missing at Magic Kingdom compared to Disneyland. It shows up in the schedules, and it can also be hard to quantify, and yet it's there. Or, in the case of the Magic Kingdom, not really there.

i kind of have to agree with you. also, i dont understand why most of the special events at MK dont happen during the weekends...stuff like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

I was really disappointed this year, I planned two trips to Disney just for the weekend (not specifically for the special events though). I could have gone to both events, but by the time I arrived (late Friday night) neither was offered. Strange? Usually you'd think they should keep these things on the weekends, at least for one day? I chalked it up to maybe attendence level being high on the weekend so they wouldnt wanna close shop early...but still. Oh well - next year :)

Lee

Adventurer
dueling dragons was originally designed for beastly kingdom... or at least the concept was... when the project was scrapped the imagineers were "let go" and soon hired by uni to help design IOA

Not really.
The only similarities between Dueling Dragons and the BK ride is that they both had dragons and a castle. (Even the castle part was different, being the queue at IoA, and the show building in BK.)
Different theme, different ride system, etc.

redshoesrock

Not really.
The only similarities between Dueling Dragons and the BK ride is that they both had dragons and a castle. (Even the castle part was different, being the queue at IoA, and the show building in BK.)
Different theme, different ride system, etc.

QFT.

If memory serves, I believe the Disney story was you wandering through an abandoned castle that was the lair of a dragon with a huge pile of treasure, and you come across some bats that talk to you and want you to help them get the treasure from the dragon. My guess is the "bats" were the story device to explain why you'd be "flying around" on the ride (read: inverted coaster).

QFT.

If memory serves, I believe the Disney story was you wandering through an abandoned castle that was the lair of a dragon with a huge pile of treasure, and you come across some bats that talk to you and want you to help them get the treasure from the dragon. My guess is the "bats" were the story device to explain why you'd be "flying around" on the ride (read: inverted coaster).

funniest part is that the IoA ride has absolutely no theme in my eyes... HP gives it a little more but the actual ride itself is just over a nasty, overgrown, ditch

cheezbat

funniest part is that the IoA ride has absolutely no theme in my eyes... HP gives it a little more but the actual ride itself is just over a nasty, overgrown, ditch

Actually, believe it or not, the lagoon underneath the Dueling Dragons is formed in the shape of a dragon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom