Build an argument for Universal over Disney

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I love Universal, always have. I have maintained that if Disney never existed that Universal would be the best park to see in the world. That being said, nothing can give me the overall experience like Disney can. Nothing can make me want to go back and back again to something quite like Disney.

But I know there are Universal fans on here too, why wouldn't there be? If I am a neutral observer, try to convince me why Universal is the better park to see

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is either going to be a very interesting thread or a very short one. :shrug:

52.gif

captainkidd

I'll play before the thread is closed.

- On site guests get better perks.
- Universal seems more willing to take chances and spend money.
- City Walk urinates all over Pleasure Island.

That being said, Universal is a 3 day trip (at the most) for me. It's great fun, but it's not Disney World.

216bruce

Other than Harry Potter, Universal hasn't got much for a lot of folks. If you want thrill rides go to Cedar Point in Ohio. It is the best coaster park in the country. Disney does everything better for families and folks of all ages than anywhere else. Universal is really for folks who want loud, thrilling, in your face stuff. Disney has a few really good thrill rides like EE and MS, but that isn't "what they do". They are a place for families. Universal is fun but not really comparable to Disney. It's an "apples and oranges" thing.

Andrew54

Disney has done very well selling the "experience" of going to Disney World. Going to other parks it's all about the attractions and events. I just don't see Universal even targeting customers in that sense.

WDWmazprty

While Universal may be fun, its a wannabe. Always has been, always will be. Disney will ALWAYS be the top dog as far as entertainment goes.

ddbowdoin

I love Universal, always have. I have maintained that if Disney never existed that Universal would be the best park to see in the world. That being said, nothing can give me the overall experience like Disney can. Nothing can make me want to go back and back again to something quite like Disney.

But I know there are Universal fans on here too, why wouldn't there be? If I am a neutral observer, try to convince me why Universal is the better park to see

Kudos to someone dropping the Cedar Point line, at least for thrills... only problem is that place is in the middle of NOWHERE middle America.

Universal has some COOOOOOL rides, but thats it. I don't spend thousands of dollars to go on thrill rides. I have a Six Flags an hour away, with the Superman and all (the only coaster I have been on that made me a LITTLE nervous on the first MASSIVE drop).

Disney is an experience... its an entire package. I walk through MK humming songs, I can't do that at Universal.

Don't get me wrong, its still wicked fun. I just think its not an experience, although I haven't been to HP world yet.

ddbowdoin

Other than Harry Potter, Universal hasn't got much for a lot of folks. If you want thrill rides go to Cedar Point in Ohio. It is the best coaster park in the country. Disney does everything better for families and folks of all ages than anywhere else. Universal is really for folks who want loud, thrilling, in your face stuff. Disney has a few really good thrill rides like EE and MS, but that isn't "what they do". They are a place for families. Universal is fun but not really comparable to Disney. It's an "apples and oranges" thing.

agree here, both are unique and fun but its tough to compare the two...

BrerFrog

I don't think it is, but if I were to build an argument I would start with their superior amount of thrill rides and their willingness to spend a lot of money as shown by WWoHP.

NedFlanders

Biggest reason is that after a half-dozen trips to Disney you realize that nothing ever changes... Sometimes, no matter how much you enjoy a steak dinner, if you eat it every time you have a night out... well eventually you need to try something different.

While I have yet to even go to Universal, we have decided that the next trip to Disneyworld will not be spent exclusively at Disney... too much steak and its time to try something else. Who knows it might be so bad we never go back again, it might be so good we never go back to Disney... or most likely it will simply be a new enjoyable experience and we start planning trips to Orlando that include a little bit of both.

Tooning

I like alot of the rides in Universal in fact my two favouraite rides are Spideman and the hulk and my wife's Favorite is Dueling Dragons(Dragon Challenge) But disney is a whole other experience so immersive. We go to Universal every trip but we start with Disney and end with disney. I would not go to Orlando without Disney but I think That if you are spending more that 4 days there that Universal should be a must. Also I really like City walk. I also like how some of the shows there are a little more adult humor. But DIsney is still king

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Biggest reason is that after a half-dozen trips to Disney you realize that nothing ever changes... Sometimes, no matter how much you enjoy a steak dinner, if you eat it every time you have a night out... well eventually you need to try something different.

While I have yet to even go to Universal, we have decided that the next trip to Disneyworld will not be spent exclusively at Disney... too much steak and its time to try something else. Who knows it might be so bad we never go back again, it might be so good we never go back to Disney... or most likely it will simply be a new enjoyable experience and we start planning trips to Orlando that include a little bit of both.

Oh yeah, check out Universal. You won't be disapointed. I agree with some posters here, Disney gives you the whole "experience" that Universal cannot give. The theming is top notch and even with Potter in a Universal I think its still inferior. Its the little things at Disney that make a difference. Well, maybe not so little, for example what other park takes you to the magical land only by ferry or monorail? The anticipation alone is worth it.

But yeah I love Universal too. It is worth it to check out. Much better than any Six Flags park could ever hope for.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I like alot of the rides in Universal in fact my two favouraite rides are Spideman and the hulk and my wife's Favorite is Dueling Dragons(Dragon Challenge) But disney is a whole other experience so immersive. We go to Universal every trip but we start with Disney and end with disney. I would not go to Orlando without Disney but I think That if you are spending more that 4 days there that Universal should be a must. Also I really like City walk. I also like how some of the shows there are a little more adult humor. But DIsney is still king

You mean like Beetlejuices' Graveyard? Or even better the Horror Make Up show? That will leave you in stitches. It's clean enough for a family I think but it has a little bit more of an edge where you couldn't picture Donald, Mickey or Goofy saying either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom