Buh Bye BOSTON

Seano846

Original Poster
Us?, are you a Boston Red Sock? anyhow my point is maybe "your" Sox could learn something from the professionalism and heart that Jeter showed last night instead of "your" shortstop who just sat on the bench and wouldn't even stand up to support "your" team. And also I am damn proud to be a Yankee fan especially after that game they never never quit.And as far as October goes "your" team will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER better the Yankees and to prove my point I WILL be reminding you of this in October when the eternal "wait until next year" statements are on the lips of every sox fan. So I will be talking to you in October you "REAL" sports Fan :wave: :wave: :wave:
P.S. You can put your Patriots hat on now, The SOX ARE DONE :sohappy:

Seano846

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
We have them in the UK too - they are called Manchester United fans :lol:

Actually, Here in New York we have the YES Network, which is the the "home" broadcast channel for the New York Yankees, and they have a partnership with Manchester United in which they Broadcast their games weekly.

Seano846

Original Poster
Wilt Dasney said:
Please....where were you when Boston took 6 out of 7 from your team earlier this year? Not posting, I presume. People like you who sit on your hands when your team is struggling and then come out of the woodwork to talk trash when they start winning give real sports fans a bad name.

Talk to us in October.

Oh I almost forgot, Where was I back in April? Actually it is none of your business, but lets just say I was unavailable because I was "away" overseas unable to post.

Seano846

Original Poster
Wilt Dasney said:
Very intelligent response, my friend.

You sure brought me around with that well-crafted display of rebuttal skills. What was I thinking, using facts and reason against smilies and exclamation points? You'll get no more trouble from me, I promise.[/QUOT

:wave: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :king:

Wilt Dasney

Seano846 said:
Us?, are you a Boston Red Sock? anyhow my point is maybe "your" Sox could learn something from the professionalism and heart that Jeter showed last night instead of "your" shortstop who just sat on the bench and wouldn't even stand up to support "your" team. And also I am damn proud to be a Yankee fan especially after that game they never never quit.And as far as October goes "your" team will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER better the Yankees and to prove my point I WILL be reminding you of this in October when the eternal "wait until next year" statements are on the lips of every sox fan. So I will be talking to you in October you "REAL" sports Fan :wave: :wave: :wave:

By "us," I meant everyone on this site reading your posts, not just Boston fans.

Don't pretend you're trying to "help" Boston with "advice" when you're just taking advantage of what you see as another chance to stick it to them. I don't know what happened in last night's game, as I'm not a rabid Red Sox follower and never claimed to be. However, you'll hear nothing but good things about Derek Jeter from me, as I know him to be a stand-up, classy guy. Derek Jeter is not the Yankees, however, any more than Nomar is the Red Sox. Picking out two individual players and extrapolating their behavior to represent their entire teams is just silly.

We all know you're damn proud to be a Yankees fan, as you insist on reminding us of the fact whenever they're doing well and telling us how awesome they'll be really soon whenever they're not.

I'm also really glad to know you have a crystal ball there letting you know that the Sox will NEVER beat your team in the playoffs. You just saved me a lot of time watching playoff games. Guess I can go to bed early when the playoffs are going from now on.

Bottom line: There's nothing wrong with supporting a team you're passionate about, but you seem to be unable to talk about your Yankees without bashing everybody else. That is not the mark of a true sports fan...it just makes you sound like a punk, whether you are or not. Also, it shows where your focus is. If you really were behind your team, you'd be focusing on winning another world title, not outdoing Boston. Was just making the World Series last year good enough, since you DID beat the Red Sox, after all?

I don't know how old you are, Seano, but I assume you're fairly young, based on what I've observed. Things might look a little different when you've put some more wall calendars behind you. You don't have to gauge success against the failures of others.

Anyhoo, I've had my say here, so I'm going to move on. Feel free to respond as you see fit.

(Oh, and I'm not a Patriots fan, but that's another discussion.)

Peace. :wave:

tiggerlover1971

Seano846 said:
UH Sean your being Harsh Even though I am a yankees fan and have been since I was three I even know that it is not over till its over Case in point last years World Series with the Marlins

tigsmom

Seano846 said:

Ok, even though I'm a rabid Yankee (just ask FREAKY), I'm going to ask you to stop, right here, right now. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your team & it's accomplishments, but you have taken this to a new low.
There are some great players on every team and then there are the guys who are just collecting their pay. Thats life, deal with it & move on.

I'm all in favor of a nice friendly rivalry, and we have had some pretty spirited "discussions" in the past, but its all in fun.(and we all respect each other)
Do I hope the Yanks win another series? Damn straight!
But I refuse to denigrate another team or it's players. Give credit where credit is do...Boston played one hell of a game the other night (and they lost another heartbreaker last night) so I tip my Yankee cap to them. :wave:

barnum42

tigsmom said:
Ok, even though I'm a rabid Yankee (just ask FREAKY), I'm going to ask you to stop, right here, right now. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your team & it's accomplishments, but you have taken this to a new low.
There are some great players on every team and then there are the guys who are just collecting their pay. Thats life, deal with it & move on.

I'm all in favor of a nice friendly rivalry, and we have had some pretty spirited "discussions" in the past, but its all in fun.(and we all respect each other)
But I refuse to denigrate another team or it's players. Give credit where credit is do...Boston played one hell of a game the other night (and they lost another heartbreaker last night) so I tip my Yankee cap to them. :wave:
You'd make a really lousy Manchester United fan :lol:

wdwhoneymooner

My man Seano putting gas on the fire........I admire your passion for the Yanks but not necessarily your display of sportsmanship. It's cool to love your team and its players but not very cool to put another person down from the competition.

Peace, man.

Seano846

Original Poster
I don't know how old you are, Seano, but I assume you're fairly young, based on what I've observed. Things might look a little different when you've put some more wall calendars behind you. You don't have to gauge success against the failures of others.

Anyhoo, I've had my say here, so I'm going to move on. Feel free to respond as you see fit.

(Oh, and I'm not a Patriots fan, but that's another discussion.)

Peace. :wave:[/QUOTE]

Settle down you "old wise Sage" I've been around the block much longer than you kid and I've already forgotten what you have'nt even learned yet, and before you start throwing the word "punk" around do some research and have a little bit of respect kiddo, Anyway I WILL be reminding you of this in October, Until then please put me on Ignore and feel free not to respnod to any of my Threads or Posts. SEE YA :kiss:

tiggerlover1971

tigsmom said:

you tell him tigsmom from one yankee fan to another :wave:

Wilt Dasney

CDS Disney said:
You know what I love??? Watching the Mets sweep the Yankees.

:lol: Beat me to it.

Just a hunch...but I'm betting our fearless leader doesn't check back in until the Bombers get on another winning streak. :lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Wilt Dasney said:
Please....where were you when Boston took 6 out of 7 from your team earlier this year? Not posting, I presume. People like you who sit on your hands when your team is struggling and then come out of the woodwork to talk trash when they start winning give real sports fans a bad name.

Talk to us in October.

Well said! :sohappy:

Too bad the Braves took us down today. Nine runs in the fifth? Lowe needs to get his groove back. A 6-8 record and a 6.02 ERA is not good at all.

Wilt Dasney

Yeah, it's nice to see the Bravos start winning as we hit the All-Star Break, but like I said, this series tested my loyalty. It would have been OK with me if they had waited a bit longer to start getting it together. Hopefully, I'll never have to endure an Atlanta-Boston WS. Although, if they all turn out like that game on Friday, I might be able to handle it. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

Oh, and since we mentioned one crosstown series....did anybody see the end of the game in Wrigley tonight?ChiSox tied up a 1-0 game with a solo shot in the top of the 9th, then the Cubbies loaded the bases in the next frame. Reliever comes out of the pen with 1 out and races out to an 0-2 lead on the batter, before walking him to lose the game. Wild way for the Cubs to sweep the series.

Wilt Dasney

tigsmom said:
and my freakin Yanks got swept by the Mets! THE METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :brick:

Don't worry, Mad....I've got somebody here to huggle the pain away. :lookaroun
Mr_met.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom