BTMRR refurb

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That was due to damage to the effect. It has since been removed and the rock is back, albeit stationary. The broken trestle is in front and above you and has always been there.

I was there in nov. The rock was not there, it was a beige tarp.

JimboJones123

The queue will be worked on. There will be different mining-themed rooms to walk through (an office and two other rooms I believe). And yes, expect some interactive elements to be thrown in. Maybe we will be able to set off a geyser or two. :wave:

Will these be geysers that spray the trains? I hope not.

RSoxNo1

Last week when I was riding Thunder Mountain I saw work lights on in one of the areas where the bats fly around, and the on 1/4 there were no lights on the first lift hill that goes under the water. It was actually kind of cool if you knew the surrounding area.

Finally, when we made the final turn around the Dino skeleton we heard a horrible noise that sounded like a wheel sticking or even coming off/getting stuck. As we turned into the station there was a maintenance worker with a flashlight that we drove past.

Does anyone have any photos or video of the effect? I was there in Dec and didn't see any scrim or anything but I don't really remember the falling rock effect from before so i don't know where to look. I actually think that there was a black tarp for my last visit in 2008 I'm curious about what it was and what is there now

Does anyone have any photos or video of the effect? I was there in Dec and didn't see any scrim or anything but I don't really remember the falling rock effect from before so i don't know where to look. I actually think that there was a black tarp for my last visit in 2008 I'm curious about what it was and what is there now

The tarp went up around summer 09. Dont remember the exact date but it was definitely 09. Did no one notice that the same rock that was covered in Florida fell in California and Paris nearly killing guests not long after the Florida tarp went up?

NoChesterHester

The queue will be worked on. There will be different mining-themed rooms to walk through (an office and two other rooms I believe). And yes, expect some interactive elements to be thrown in. Maybe we will be able to set off a geyser or two. :wave:

This is absolutely one of the two queues in WDW that needs something. Anyone that has waited in the line in the middle of summer could agree.

I hope the additions improve the experience. I'm sure they will. If we go in and out of themed rooms maybe we can even get a little blast of cold air to break up the stifling humidity in July.

captainkidd

1 question - Why can't they fix the rock? Lord knows it's not state of the art technology. It's one of the simplest "effects" imaginable.

TropicalFig8

This has probably been answered 100 times but how long will this ride be closed?
I'm going in December with a few friends and they love BTMRR.

WDWGoof07

Now that sounds like a tasteful plussing, unlike the "enhancements" that were done in Space Mountain's star tunnels.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Seems like something that could happen on any ride. There are things that can fall all over the place.

I agree 100%, captainkidd. In my opinion, the liability explanation is a copout. If there are liability concerns, I'm sure that during the refurb Disney can figure out a way to make it safe, instead of just getting rid of the falling rock altogether.

sweetpee_1993

The queue needs air conditioning. Badly.

Amen.

I hope that they air condition the que, it is way to hot in the summer to being standing so close to others all while sweating.... ugh

Heck, it's hot in there in the winter! They need to control that climate!

I agree 100%, captainkidd. In my opinion, the liability explanation is a copout. If there are liability concerns, I'm sure that during the refurb Disney can figure out a way to make it safe, instead of just getting rid of the falling rock altogether.

Agreed. How hard can it be to attach fake rocks to a mechanical arm? How hard is it to check the attachment points a few times a day? All it takes is commitment to the simple things that make all the difference. You find a way to make things work then do what it takes to make them happen. Oh wait. This is Orlando. If an effect doesn't work right let's just remove it or make it stationary with a blinking light. Nobody will eeeeeever know the difference. If the dedicated fans notice we'll just play the victim (of lawsuits) and they'll forgive us. :brick:

csm

Is it actually confirmed that the ride is getting new track? While there definitely needs to have been a good reason to remove all the railroad ties to prepare for this refurbishment, logic would dictate that in a matter of less than six months, if you are going to remove all or even most of the track and replace it, there would at least need to be new track already waiting on property -of which there have been no reports. It's not like this downtime is long enough to wait for track to be fabricated and shipped - a process that on its own can take many months depending on factory schedules.

DisneyBoi1215

The tarp went up around summer 09. Dont remember the exact date but it was definitely 09. Did no one notice that the same rock that was covered in Florida fell in California and Paris nearly killing guests not long after the Florida tarp went up?

No, it was definitely March of 2010 when the rock fell. As far as injuries, I believe no one was harmed. I used to work there so I don't remember any reports of injuries.

No, it was definitely March of 2010 when the rock fell. As far as injuries, I believe no one was harmed. I used to work there so I don't remember any reports of injuries.

You're correct with the date. I forgot what year I transferred and 2010 makes a lot more sense. And no one was hurt in Orlando. Thats the one in three I was referring to. Google it, the next rock fell almost a year to the date and was all over the news since it actually fell onto a train.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom