Brrr...is anyone else freezing??

Which weather is you?

• I'm all for the hot weather. Long live the sun!

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • I'm all for the cold. Nothing beats fresh snow.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • I like both. I need 4 different seasons.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • It doesn't really matter to me, it's all the same.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

mandib

Original Poster
As far as I'm concerned winter is here. It's 3:30 and only 44°! Chicago weather is icky,ucky, and everything inbetween. So I'm wondering are you all hot weather or cold weather people? I don't know how anyone could live somewhere like Alaska. Brr... Enough complaining...which do you enjoy?

nicholas

It's starting to get chilly here in nyc too. But if I had to pick between being hot or cold, I would pick cold. I just don't do well in heat. Plus, when it's cold, you can always put more layers on, but if it's hot, you'll eventually run out of layers, and then your stuck.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
It's been surprisingly cool here today...75 degrees right now. I can't wait for December to roll around.

If only Florida could get the weather like states such as New York and Illinois recieve..... :(

mandib

Original Poster
NemoRocks78 said:
It's been surprisingly cool here today...75 degrees right now. I can't wait for December to roll around.

If only Florida could get the weather like states such as New York and Illinois recieve..... :(

It's fun for about 2 weeks then theres the shoveling of snow, the getting up early just so you can get to school/work ontime. Living inside for 6 months. Putting on your whole wardrobe and you're still freezing. lol I'm sure I'd get sick of the heat too. Although I don't mind summers around here, but then again I think we hit 90 maybe 4 times this summer.

nikimsu2002

After being in the cold and rain from 9:00 this morning until 3:30 this afternoon (due to working tailgates with Sparty and then attending the football game) I voted for the warm weather.

tigsmom

I don't mind the heat as long as its not too humid. I don't do well in freezing cold either. Guess I fall somewhere in between the two. Right now its overcast, breezy & a very damp 52 degrees. :(

General Grizz

Whoa-ee! I was outside last night FREEZING - and it was only 59 degrees! This weekend was our first "autumn/winter chill." It was VERY exciting, and I'll be sad to see it go away this week. :(

Atta83

It feels great outside!! We had a garage sale and the weather was perfect for it, nice cool breeze, sunny, its great outside.

Foolish Mortal

I'll take 10 degrees and a foot of snow any day. And I work outside. Throw on an extra sweatshirt if needed and grab a cup of coffee and i'm good to go. Absolutley hate the heat and humidity, always have.

Disnut

Atta83 said:
It feels great outside!! We had a garage sale and the weather was perfect for it, nice cool breeze, sunny, its great outside.

We had a yard sale today and yesterday. It was cool yesterday but then it got pretty warn outside. The sale went okay now to put it towards my Disney Visa.

DisneyJill

I HATE cold weather. I'll complain about it every day. This why I am taking donations in any denomination (dollars, pennies, checks, credit, gift cards of any sort...) to put in my "Move Jill Back to Florida" fund. PM me if further information is required. :D

The Mom

Premium Member
SirNim said:
Bring on the snow!

HOT CHOCOLATE

ARRRGGGHHH!!!! I was selling Hot Chocolate at the school carnival last night, and I sold over 250 cups in 90 minutes before running out! I had chocolate everywhere (thanks to the kids who kept bumping the table) and marshmallows stuck on the bottom of my shoes. :hurl: The 2 people I relieved at 6:30 told me it had been quiet...but that was before the sun went down and it started getting cool. (Did I mention there had been 2 people working before me?)

It's my son's last year at that school, and I know the next school doesn't have that sort of thing, so I'll never have to do it again. :sohappy:

Slipknot

Was at Fantasmic in the Studios last night. Was actually pretty cool out.. for Florida weather. When the fire came up, it was perfect. Cool weather and a HUGE fire in front of you. Best of both worlds.

SirNim

The Mom said:
ARRRGGGHHH!!!! I was selling Hot Chocolate at the school carnival last night, and I sold over 250 cups in 90 minutes before running out! I had chocolate everywhere (thanks to the kids who kept bumping the table) and marshmallows stuck on the bottom of my shoes. :hurl: The 2 people I relieved at 6:30 told me it had been quiet...but that was before the sun went down and it started getting cool. (Did I mention there had been 2 people working before me?)

It's my son's last year at that school, and I know the next school doesn't have that sort of thing, so I'll never have to do it again. :sohappy:
Aha!

I take it your soles were as sticky as if they had just walked out of Ice Station Cool! ;)

TravisMT81

I lived in the North for 21 years and I am glad I live in Florida now, I am so spoiled by the warmth. Last night it got down to 55, had to get the down comforter out. We all wore sweaters in the office today and had to turn the space heater on a few times. Oh and had a few cups of hot chocolate as well LOL>

Debbie

It's hard to say for me which I prefer. I hate 100 degree plus heat index, but under 40 degrees is not my favorite either. We haven't had a hard winter here since 1989, so it's easier to tolerate the cold, as opposed to May thru September being 90+ degrees. Spring and fall are my favorites and I look forward to them every time!

PixiePower

After living in NJ, PA, GA(2xs), HI, CA,NY,AL and now FL I have to say I have learned that I hate any extreme weather. Its cold too long up N and hot too long down S! Give me a sunny day and 70 degree weather as much as possible and I am happy!! A few days in either direction are nice but when I see 90 inches of snow in 15 days and snow on Mothers Day I am done! And after at least 6 months of hot, humid weather here in FL I am LOVING that I have been able to turn my a/c off the past couple of days! Yeah for the fresh...cool...air! I want to wear jeans!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom