Breakfast All Day?

Colonel Angus

Original Poster
You can just uber to the 24/7 Waffle House which is down the road from Disney Springs , breakfast all day just don't order pancakes.
Oh cool! I'll have to look that up! I've never been off property when I've gone there but I also haven't had waffle house since I lived briefly in Texas 13 years ago. Thanks!

Smiley/OCD

As a Jersey resident and a diner aficionado , to make the Boardwalk more “Jersey” (since it’s based on our boardwalks), I always said a Jersey style diner, all chromed out would be the perfect TS restaurant for that resort area…breakfast all day (if you wish), Taylor ham/pork roll, egg & cheese sandwiches, REAL Jersey bagels, pizza, cheesesteaks, Italian ices, zeppoles and of course, salt water taffy would be awesome…

Last edited:

Lilofan

As a Jersey resident and a diner aficionado, to make the Boardwalk more “Jersey” (since it’s based on our boardwalks), I always said a Jersey style diner, all chromed out would be the perfect TS restaurant for that resort area…breakfast all day (if you wish), Taylor ham/pork roll, egg & cheese sandwiches, REAL Jersey pizza and cheesesteaks, Italian ices, zeppoles and of course, salt water taffy would be awesome…
I don't think I've ever seen Taylor ham sold outside of NJ but that on a bagel with all the fixings and even ketchup on the bagel in a NJ bagel shop is the real deal and the NYC / NJ pizza in those states is also the real thing.

Smiley/OCD

I don't think I've ever seen Taylor ham sold outside of NJ but that on a bagel with all the fixings and even ketchup on the bagel in a NJ bagel shop is the real deal and the NYC / NJ pizza in those states is also the real thing.
I’ve heard anecdotally that Taylor pork roll IS available in some Florida supermarkets…it is clearly a Jersey thing…

Smiley/OCD

ETA: just spoke with my uncle just south of Daytona Beach and he said the Publix supermarkets carry it…

monorail81

I’ve heard anecdotally that Taylor pork roll IS available in some Florida supermarkets…it is clearly a Jersey thing…
It is available in most Publix stores near the hot dogs. They used to sell the 1 pound rolls, which a better. Now, it’s just the pre-sliced boxed stuff. The slices are far too thin, IMO. There are many delis that slice it at the counter. Fresh Market comes to mine. Also, BJs sells the 6 pound mega rolls. And many restaurants have sandwiches on the menu now. It’s SO much more widely available than it used to be when I moved down here more than 2 decades ago. I think having the massive NJ Snowbird population helped getting it down here finally.

Raxel7851

As a Jersey resident and a diner aficionado, to make the Boardwalk more “Jersey” (since it’s based on our boardwalks), I always said a Jersey style diner, all chromed out would be the perfect TS restaurant for that resort area…breakfast all day (if you wish), Taylor ham/pork roll, egg & cheese sandwiches, REAL Jersey bagels, pizza, cheesesteaks, Italian ices, zeppoles and of course, salt water taffy would be awesome…
Now you’re talking!!!!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It is available in most Publix stores near the hot dogs. They used to sell the 1 pound rolls, which a better. Now, it’s just the pre-sliced boxed stuff. The slices are far too thin, IMO. There are many delis that slice it at the counter. Fresh Market comes to mine. Also, BJs sells the 6 pound mega rolls. And many restaurants have sandwiches on the menu now. It’s SO much more widely available than it used to be when I moved down here more than 2 decades ago. I think having the massive NJ Snowbird population helped getting it down here finally.

They only stock what sells ;)

littleroo

I have never heard of Taylor ham and I am originally from Northern NY. Is it like Canadian bacon? I will Google it..

I do think a 24 hour breakfast joint would be an incredible idea for Disney or let's convince Art Smith to do brunch 7 days a week during all hours of operation. Yum!

Lilofan

Northern folks rejoiced when the first Wawa opened in FL near Sea World approx 10 years ago. Even FL governor Rick Scott came for the grand opening. But nothing was like when the first White Castle opened up in FL near WDW. Customers were lined up in their cars overnight prior to the opening day.

Smiley/OCD

I have never heard of Taylor ham and I am originally from Northern NY. Is it like Canadian bacon? I will Google it..

I do think a 24 hour breakfast joint would be an incredible idea for Disney or let's convince Art Smith to do brunch 7 days a week during all hours of operation. Yum!
NO NO NO!! Lol, NOTHING like Canadian Bacon in taste or consistency. Taylor ham (a/k/a pork roll), American cheese, fried egg w/salt, pepper & catchup on either a fresh NJ everything bagel or a fresh Kaiser roll…it’s a Jersey experience…(crestor optional) lol

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Northern folks rejoiced when the first Wawa opened in FL near Sea World approx 10 years ago. Even FL governor Rick Scott came for the grand opening. But nothing was like when the first White Castle opened up in FL near WDW. Customers were lined up in their cars overnight prior to the opening day.
The ironic part is that WC started in Kansas and Wawa in Pennsylvania (YES, there is a Wawa, Pennsylvania!), but they’re Jersey institutions…

Coming soon, jughandles and full serve gas!! Lol

Wawa in Wildwood, NJ:
IMG_5209.jpeg

Last edited:

Lilofan

NO NO NO!! Lol, NOTHING like Canadian Bacon in taste or consistency. Taylor ham (a/k/a pork roll), American cheese, fried egg w/salt, pepper & catchup on either a fresh NJ everything bagel or a fresh Kaiser roll…it’s a Jersey experience…(crestor optional) lol
WDW can take a few lessons on how to create and serve quality food for breakfast from NJ diners. Anyone that thinks Denny’s is real diner food is mistaken. It is interesting in America Health rankings in 2019, HI came in 1st, NJ was 8th and FL was 33rd, but no surprise the most unhealthy states were WV, AL, LA, MS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom