Breakfast All Day?

Minthorne

Now when you say black or white pudding, what do you mean? When I hear pudding, I think dessert and I can't imagine that with eggs...
White pudding is broadly similar to black pudding, but does not include blood. Modern recipes consist of suet or fat, oatmeal or barley, breadcrumbs and in some cases pork and pork liver, filled into a natural or cellulose sausage casing.

littleroo

White pudding is broadly similar to black pudding, but does not include blood. Modern recipes consist of suet or fat, oatmeal or barley, breadcrumbs and in some cases pork and pork liver, filled into a natural or cellulose sausage casing.
Thanks! It doesn't sound delicious but I bet it is! That would make sense with eggs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As a Jersey resident and a diner aficionado , to make the Boardwalk more “Jersey” (since it’s based on our boardwalks), I always said a Jersey style diner, all chromed out would be the perfect TS restaurant for that resort area…breakfast all day (if you wish), Taylor ham/pork roll, egg & cheese sandwiches, REAL Jersey bagels, pizza, cheesesteaks, Italian ices, zeppoles and of course, salt water taffy would be awesome…
…..pork roll…

Phonedave

Like this??? Another T-shirt I wear down there that starts conversations…but YES!! They would probably cost $25.00 for a double hot dog, but as long as they use the same dogs they use in Jersey…

Not sure if Jimmy Buff's uses Best's or Sabrett's. Honestly I would be surprised it was Best's. Sabrett is more like the Pat LaFredia of hot dogs. Just as if you are a large customer, you can get any grind of beef you want from LaFredia, if you are a large customer, Sabrett will make a hot dog to your specifications.

Anyway, the correct bread is more important than the correct hot dog in this case. I don't think you can get pizza bread outside of Northern NJ

Colonel Angus

Original Poster
Not sure if Jimmy Buff's uses Best's or Sabrett's. Honestly I would be surprised it was Best's. Sabrett is more like the Pat LaFredia of hot dogs. Just as if you are a large customer, you can get any grind of beef you want from LaFredia, if you are a large customer, Sabrett will make a hot dog to your specifications.

Anyway, the correct bread is more important than the correct hot dog in this case. I don't think you can get pizza bread outside of Northern NJ
I've found Sabrett in the grocery store here maybe twice over the years but there is a guy with a hotdog cart who goes to the business industrial area out here on weekdays and sells Sabretts with the onion spread and chili. It's amazing!

Smiley/OCD

Nope, they’re Bests…made in beautiful Newark, NJ…and yes, the bread is EXTREMELY important!
There are a few Italian delis here at the shore that sell the pizza bread…they do bring all their bread in from northern New Jersey

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
…..pork roll…
taylor swift GIF

Phonedave

No, the rule of thumb is:
Boiled or fried, no casing
Grilled (I.e. BBQ grilled) casing
Best’s makes both but I’ve only been able to buy the dogs with casings at their company store in Newark.
The problem with Best's is the same problem I have with Casey's. This idea that All Beef is some sort of height of hot dog achievement. Pork tastes good. There is nothing wrong with a quality beef & pork blend. If somebody does not eat pork for whatever reason, then by all means offer an all beef as well. But don't make it seem like it is the pinnacle of hot dogs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom