Breakdown stories

E.P.C.O.T

Original Poster
Hi,I Just joined and I wanted to know if anyone has any ride breakdown stories.I got stuck on Dinosaur for about 3 minutes right after you get your picture taken. Then right after you get back to the future we stoped again. It was very :dazzle:​

Brooke

I've gotten stuck on Dinosaur in that same place a bunch of times! I've gotten stuck in just about everything. Most recently I got stuck at the top of Splash Mountain before the drop for awhile. The kid in front of me was freaking out. I felt sorry for him! :(

beauty_Belle27

The only ride I've ever been stuck on was the runaway mine train at sixflags over texas.And to my DANDY luck,right before the drop (like u brooke).I started crying.its scary.

se8472

Was ride splash one day, it was raining so hard but we jumped on anyways since well, it was raining....got stuck on the 2nd lift and walked off.

First day of thunder being back from rehab...stuck on lift B. After about 10 mins they got us going agian.

Was riding space with my family during one of my days off, heard the breakdown spiel around zone 9 and got stuck in zone 12. After about 9 minutes we got pushed down.

lscott933

we got stuck on test track for like 20 minutes before they came and walked us off the ride last november. we were in the cold to the hot section of the test. there is a hidden mickey on the board inside the booth. if you ever get stuck there.

beauty_Belle27

lscott933 said:
we got stuck on test track for like 20 minutes before they came and walked us off the ride last november. we were in the cold to the hot section of the test. there is a hidden mickey on the board inside the booth. if you ever get stuck there.
was it really cold?that sounds bad

Raven66

We got stuck on Test Track in the "hot" area for about 10 mins. That is so horrible. :eek: I thought we were all going to melt. :D

Captain Hank

Raven66 said:
We got stuck on Test Track in the "hot" area for about 10 mins. That is so horrible. :eek: I thought we were all going to melt. :D
Hey, an oppertunity for a nice tan. :)

Almost invariably, I get stuck on the way down on Spaceship Earth. The major problem is, the headrests are at just the wrong height for my head and neck, so it gets a bit painful after a short while.

jesserin

The hot area stinks to get stuck on - the cold area on the other hand is more just chilly... It was raining in Dec when we went on TT - so we got stuck on the cold area, the "hairpin" turns... and worst (not for us, but for the couple with us who had never ridden TT) we got stuck right before the crash dummy scene... they were freaking out... they saw the tracks heading right for the door - and we didn't help much, we told them to hold their heads against the head rests and not to worry - I had some advil on me for the soon to follow headache... they were both begging to be let off of the ride... :D we're bad... but afterwards they said they were glad we didn't tell them - it made for a much more "fun" ride...

Number_6

I got stuck on Haunted Mansion, right in Madame Leota's room. That just totally freaked out my son and he never wanted to go on HM again.

barnum42

Like most people I've had a ten minute stick on Test Track :lol: It was just past the loading area.

I've been on Universe of Energy when the ride broke down in the dinosaur section. They could not get the cars goings, so the operational lights came on and we all got to walk through the swamp to the exit.

I've also been on Star Tours when a simulator broke down. There is a pre recorded speech along the lines of "we are returning to base". A CM then guided us back though an access door to the loading area and put us on the next available flight.

I've been stuck on Splash Mountain (bottom of the final hill, two idiots a few boats ahead of us jumped off at the top and ran back into the ride) and on Tower of Terror. We were at the bottom of that hill on SM for almost an hour, but for me, ToT was worse. We got stuck right after the hallway with the ghosts...the doors shut, and we didn't move. We sat in pitch black darkness for about five minutes. I'm very claustrophobic, and I'm terrified of regular elevators, but I had never had a problem with ToT until that ride. I started to hyperventilate at some point, but just about then, they turned the lights on. That helped immensely. We finished the ride with the lights on, which was kind of interesting. And then they loaded us all into a regular elevator ( :hammer: ) and took us back to the boiler room to ride again.

I've been stuck on other rides, but those two were the most memorable.

jesserin

ToT would be a fun ride to get stuck on - but I totally understand your fear - whenever you loose that sense of security like something bad might just happen - it get's pretty freaky - and being in the dark never helps... :)

(having said that, I hope i get stuck on it some day - TOT is one of those rides that I could go on over and over and over again) :D

SirNim

I've told this before, but we were stuck on (but of course!) Test Track.

As we were being led out of the stopped cars through the bowels of the old WOM building, down staircases and past backstage locker rooms, my posse and I whistled "It's Fun To Be Free" in a rather loud tone!

:)

Fantasmic!329

OK, here goes:
Carousel of Progress:
Going into the 2nd or 3rd scene (can't remember which), we hear a loud CRASH. Apparently, the revolving wall hit the ceiling :)lookaroun) and some ceiling tiles fell. Nothing we could do about it until we got off and told the CM about it. It was shut down for about an hour afterwards.
Splash Mountain:
A few times before the big drop, an automatic spiel came on, "Brer Bear and Brer Fox are causing a commotion down here, so hang tight, and you'll be moving shortly" came on and we sat for about 3 minutes each time.
Maelstom:
Left the loading area and was going up the first incline and it stops. (This was before the troll person says "Spirit of Norway" thingie) We sat in the dark for like 5 minutes with the automatic spiel of "Please stay in your vechile". Then the emergency lights came on and Norweign CM's came running to get us off (and yes they were running.)

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Here are mine:

SSE Begining of the descent portion. Waited for a couple of minutes with the saftey speil. The ride restarted at half speed for a couple of feet, then shut down again for a while. After another few minutes and CM announcements they restarted the ride.

Monorail. GF to the MK. Stopped at a hold point right out of the station for at least 15 minutes (Kids in the car were going crazy screaming and yelling). Then the train crept to the MK station. Looking over the SSL, all the other monorails on the resort linewere backed up at their varioius hold points too .

I don't know if this counts, but I was riding a watermouse out of the GF and I ran out of gas in the middle of bay lake. I was floating around a while before patrol came and got me started again. They were real nice about it, even threw in the watermouse rental for free because of the trouble I had. OF course I wouldn't have had the problems provided a certain brother of mine hadn't taken off on me and left me in the middle of the lake. But that is another story for another place.

-ADN

Jason21783

The very last ride of the night we were in line at Space Mountain when I remarked I wonder how it is with the lights on? As soon as we hit the first drop the lights came on, and I soon realized why they are off. Very dissappointing. The ride shut down, so we were the last car to complete the track before stopping for good.

Icekid84

Hmm Well I can really only remember 2 times when the ride stops that were long. Of course there is the times when its like a minute or two and you (or I do alteast) always assume some person in a wheel chair is trying to be loaded onto the ride so they had to stop the cars for them (that’s my thought at least) err Anyhow Was on POTC and the minute our car was at the edge of the small waterfall to go down the car stopped at this was probably 5 or 8 minutes I think. The usual spiel came on and then the ride started, didn’t get off or anything

This last time down there on COP we were I think in the second revolution and when it came time for the end and it to start moving to the third act it moved a foot maybe then jolted to a stop. So what happens......? The entire segment starts over for the second act. We thought for sure the time it was over that this would be it and on to the third act... Came time the funny one liners came and went.... and.... nothing... few seconds later spiel came on to please stay seated. People got up and left, we stayed and it started over again. Second act comes to an end, by now we are saying the one liners with the family and again nothing happens, more people get up, now its like 5 families left in the show. After the 4th time viewing the second act we decided to get up as well and left. Rather sad to see COP have that trouble, it’s already in the unknown for how long it will last, and it had a full house that time we saw it. :( Ahh well made for an interesting story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom