Breakdown stories

Nansafan

We've been on many rides that broke down. One trip was during a full moon and it seemed like no matter what park we were in a ride broke done. We were on TT 4 cars from unloading when the ride stopped. A CM came and walked us off and gave us this pass thing for another ride at a later date. We were on Dinosaur when it broke down, lights came on and we whipped out the video camera to shoot some footage. Also that same trip we were on Buzz when it stopped 3 different times. After the 3rd time, a CM came and opened our car and walked everyone off the ride. Once the full moon passed, we didn't experience another breakdown that trip.

We have riden TTA when Space was down and got video of that (many years ago before they put up the glass). We were taping when this CM with a hard hat was working on the ride. He looked at us, saw the camera, said something into his radio and the whole place went dark. Two days later my brother slipped on water just after you get off Splash and broke his arm. We are very careful what we video tape ever since.

Captain Hank

Am I the only one who hasn't been on Test Track when it went 101? :lookaroun Watch, though: next time I ride, it'll break down about five times...

MicBat

Fantasmic!329 said:
No, I've never had any problems on Test Track.
I haven't been either! I want to be evacuated so I can see the backstage areas and the CM lockers!! :lookaroun :zipit: :lol:

Last time I was on Dinosaur, we got stuck at the "We're not gonna make it, we're not gonna make it!!" part... Towards the end that looks like you're in a giant oven. We got the blast of wind and light... but then, total darkness. They only had one side of the track open, so I assume they cascaded into the ride. After there for about 30 seconds, I scream.. "We didn't make it!!!!!!.... So this is the end, eh?" :lol: Ok, I guess you had to be there. We proceeded forward after about 2 minutes.

DisneyWood

Welcome

E.P.C.O.T said:
Hi,I Just joined and I wanted to know if anyone has any ride breakdown stories.I got stuck on Dinosaur for about 3 minutes right after you get your picture taken. Then right after you get back to the future we stoped again. It was very :dazzle:​

Well, about 7 or 8 years ago, my girlfriend (now wife of 5 years) and I got stuck on "IASW" for about 40 minutes, which felt like about 40 hours. The boat didn't move at all, but that dang song kept blaring and seemed to get louder and louder. We were stuck in such a way where we heard that song in like 8 different languages. It was horrible. It was my wife's first trip to WDW. I was afraid that she would never want to return to WDW.

We haven't been on the ride since, but now we have children so I guess we will try it again, especially now that it is has been rehabbed.

daveemtdave

When we were in Disney in December. We got stuck on Test Track. After 20min. the ride started again. It ended up when we got back to the station they told us to stay in the cars. They sent everyone back through.

IlovyensiD

We got stuck on IASW about 5 years ago. We were there for about an hour. They had electrical problems. The worst part was that the song kept playing over and over and over again. They actually have to pull your boat through the water to the closest exit. CM's in wading boots get in the water and pull the boats one at a time. We were the last boat to be pulled to an exit.

My husband and son got stuck on Space Mountain on Enight about 2 years ago. It was the first ride they got on for ENight and they were stuck about an hour. They were right before the drop. The lights came on. They had to wait for a CM to walk each car out.

awalkinthepark

Not sure if this counts as a breakdown but I was there about 5 years ago when Future World...yes all of Future World was without power(no rides, no food, no drink, no shopping) ....in the morning no less and they weren't telling anyone at the gates(we thought the number of people running to the MK monorail at 9:30am was a little odd) so they managed to open the world showcase around 10:30...but we still weren't able to buy any food or drink until 11 or so....I was with my mom and she was super mega cranky to begin with..so lack of food and coffee was just pushing her over the edge. So we eat a sandwich at the little stand in Germany(couldn't get into the restaurant) and she decided that the MK was what she wanted to do...even though she saw a million people going there 3 hours earlier.

We get on the monorail only to get stuck on the MK monorail about 100 feet from the Contemporary for 45 minutes...in a car full of kids screaming , jumping and climbing ...did I mention that my mom was super mega cranky that day? Oh yeah everything was my fault too..yeah she can be lots of fun! Anyway the MK was wall to wall people 2-3 hour waits for Splash...we managed to ride the peoplemover and then decided to just call it a day(thank goodness we had APs and I was down there every other month or so..it didn't seem like a great loss..mom lives in FL)

dploew

Last January ('04), we were riding TTA and everything stopped just before we were about to enter Space Mountain. After about 2 minutes, a kid of probably 13 or so comes running out of Space Mountain on the TTA platform and proceeds to go down the steps towards the train tracks (I think the staircase lands backstage. I couldn't tell if he was scared, trying to hide from security, or what. I thought about getting out and chasing him downso he didn't get hurt, but I figured that would just ake things worse since I probably wouldn't catch him anyway.

Another 3-4 minutes pass and a security guard comes running from the other direction, stops by our car and asks what we saw. We told him and he headed down the stairs too, while radioing something in.

The ride soon started up again. When we got off, I asked the CM at the exit what was going on and he said they were still trying to find the person that left the vehicle (which I believe was why they stopped the ride).

I never heard anything else about it.

DisneyWood said:
Well, about 7 or 8 years ago, my girlfriend (now wife of 5 years) and I got stuck on "IASW" for about 40 minutes, which felt like about 40 hours. The boat didn't move at all, but that dang song kept blaring and seemed to get louder and louder. We were stuck in such a way where we heard that song in like 8 different languages. It was horrible. It was my wife's first trip to WDW. I was afraid that she would never want to return to WDW.

We haven't been on the ride since, but now we have children so I guess we will try it again, especially now that it is has been rehabbed.

Must Have Been The Scariest Thing You Have Ever Seen!

I Bet You Still Can't Get That Song Out of Your Head! :lol:

E.P.C.O.T

Original Poster
Great stories!!!
Another one of my stories is when I got stuck on tower of terror right at the top with the window open for about 20 minutes. Everyone was getting really freaked out. There was this one kid who was about 7 who kept on yelling that he wanted to get off for about the whole ride.Then we just dropped and were asked if we want to go on again. So we went on and right after the hallway with the ghosts we stopped again for 5 minutes.At the end the cast members gave the whole elevator fastpasses for tower of terror and rock n rollercoaster.

Disneygrl36

On our most recent trip we got stuck inside Space Mountain on the TTA. We were stuck about 30 minutes & ended up having to be evacuated---which involved walking back down the track to where the TTA enters SM & down some steps. Pretty weird. :hammer:

tigger_rox00

TOT and HM

when i was five, my dad insisted on me doing HM. I was not thrilled, scared me to death. well, we got off my dad made me do it again. He wanted to prove to me that it was totally fake and that there were no real ghosts. When I got on, the ride seemed better until....we got to the part of the bride with the beating heart. We got stuck for about 40 min.:cry: from what my dad tells me. I was so scared, i wet myself.:eek: it was terrible. I still remember that. And today, it is by far my least favorite ride, even though i love it. The power of Disney.:)

plus, i've been stuck on TOT a few times. each time, they had to evacuate us. Kinda cool, except when they announce that "a cast member will be there to assist you shortly",and you sit for 30 min., you seem to think that they have forgotten you.

becky7953

I love everyones stories! I had the pleasure :( of being stuck on the Mission Space ride. They had us sit in the capsules until it was ready, it took about 10 minutes. I am not afraid of small spaces, but that creeped me out. :)

Boo's Mom

Test Track: in the turns where the speeds increase by 10% etc. That dip while going 1mph hurts worse than going the normal speed.
Spaceship Earth: backwards once, right smack dab in the middle of the smell good mesquite smell :slurp: :D
Tower of Terror: in the drop shaft. It dropped us, took us up to look outside, started to drop again and slowly coasted down and stopped at the lightning on the wall (almost bottom of shaft)
Haunted Mansion: various places
Buzz Lightyear: in the big screen section ( I spun and shot the whole 5 minutes. it was great :hammer: )
Small World: boat backup
Pirates: boat backup
Kilomanjaro Safari: giraffe in the middle of the road eating leaves off tree

rentNdisney

I've been to WDW about 4-5 times since TT opened, yet I have never ridden it. We get online, wait about an hour and then it never fails, the rain comes. Come March, i would bet money that the same thing will happen on my next trip.

I was on the Universe of Energy and we got to the dinosaur part, the ride stopped and the lights went on. They had to wait to be able to move the cars and then we went into the room with the screens for the final movie part, but only one screen worked, but the audio was fine. So it gets up to the part where ellen is asked the final question, and my brother screams out "BRAIN POWER" being that we've been on it before. people were amazed when they found out the 11 year old was right...its probably not funny to anyone else, but just one of thsoe Disney stories.

LoriMistress

I got stuck on Dinosaur right when you are about to go back into the present and you hear the voice over saying, "We're not gonna make it!" Some guy said in the front row, "I guess we didn't make it." We chuckled a bit but we were stuck for fifteen minutes. Seeing the ride when it's broken is a bit disappointing. I saw Christmas lights and chicken wire for the tunnel. It kind of ruined the mood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom