Breakdown stories

surfsupdon

This was back in the mid 90s I believe, when I was about 10, on our last day of vacation.

We had just gotten off of Mr. Toad and I wanted to go on it again. My parents vetoed that and took my sister and I on 20,000 Leagues. There was about a half hour left until park closing (midnight) and they said that they promise that we would go on Toad after 20K Leagues--no wait with plenty of time!

Of course 20K Leagues broke down. We had just come out of the show building, and everything stopped and the lights went out and it got really, really stuffy inside the sub. Our captain said not to panic, that even though it feels as if the air is not working, it is working in actuality. I remember being scared under water in a sub and not getting enough oxygen. I remember a slight type of panic on the sub with a few people. There was a younger girl behind me that wet her pants. We were stuck for what really was the longest time, in a dark, hot, stuffy, stinky, sub.

We were "rescued" after park closing and thus did not get to ride Mr Toad that night. Needless to say, we never got to ride Mr Toad or 20K Leagues ever again.

If only I knew that was my last time ever on Toad...

dolbyman

LoriMistress said:
"We're not gonna make it!" Some guy said in the front row, "I guess we didn't make it."

MicBat said:
we got stuck at the "We're not gonna make it, we're not gonna make it!!" part... Towards the end that looks like you're in a giant oven. We got the blast of wind and light... but then, total darkness. They only had one side of the track open, so I assume they cascaded into the ride. After there for about 30 seconds, I scream.. "We didn't make it!!!!!!....

what a coinsidence .... is it ? :lookaroun

:D

twirl2378

I got stuck on Haunted Mansion at Midnight between the rooms before the Madam Leotta Room and that room. :lookaroun Ya that spooked me A LOT because it was at MNSSHalloweenP but it was the last ride of the night on a full moon. Also right before the cold room of TT. I have also have been delayed on a few other rides including Mexico.

RnRJoe6114

Lets see....

SSE- going down backwards_17 times(yes i counted)
Test Track- once during brake test then just after the barier test after the little hill
BTM- lift A
Space mountain- just after going through the first tunnel with the blue lights
splash mountain- directly under FSU animal & on lift hill to the drop
Buzz- in tunnel with spinning red light thingy

24 breakdowns so far!

BigRedDad

We got stuck on the People Mover for over an hour. We were about 150 feet from the start. They had to evacuate an elderly woman who looked as if she had died (she didn't). Another time we had gotten stuck a few different times on one turn on Splash Mountain. Took about 30-40 minutes to complete the ride. About an hour later the man was killed on it. Other than that, it is usually just the stopping because of idiots not following rules or someone that needs assistance getting on/off.

Goofyernmost

The one that stopped this thread before was the one on Feb. 22, 2005. There is just so much made up stuff for anyone to want to be part of. So many people just do not know the difference between mechanical breakdowns and stops to assist. It would actually be an interesting topic if people were honest about the numbers and knew the difference between a breakdown and something else. May this rest in peace for another 12 years. I'll be 80 by then and probably won't remember how to even turn on the computer.

JAtheFourth

In TOT, the lapbar (back when there was a lapbar instead of individual seatbelts) wouldn't come undone (I think my sister had a deathgrip on it). We were there for a good 10-15 minutes while they tried all sorts of ways to release it. I told them to just send us up again (I was an annoying teenager at the time) and they said that if any part malfunctioned, they couldn't run the ride. Eventually they found the problem, released us, and my sister hit me for suggesting we go on again :)

Spaceship earth, December 15, 2013, The connector on our car broke and separated from the car in front of us at the top, then we got to walk down all 163 feet of the ball.

Attachments

• 1474579_10202105805878204_2064872858_n.jpg
    1474579_10202105805878204_2064872858_n.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 58

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom