Brazil Tour Groups

DisneyNut7578

I think people are overreacting quite a bit.. You're turning it into some kind of major issue, even though it should only be a minor annoyance when you go to Disneyworld. Disneyworld has always been a huge mix of different cultures and people.

You're making it an issue directed towards Brazil/South America, even though they act like any other large teenage group would act, no matter if it's Americans, Danes or Russians or whatever.

Playing the language card is a bit lame, as any group of 50+ american teens would be just as annoying.

Ok, good point you make. I'd like to restate that any large group of rude people who do things like cut in line, sing obnoxiously loud, run right into you without looking in front of them, swear like sailors around little kids, or are just general rude and not considerate of others is a nuisance at Disney.

Eyorefan

I don't think so... it would be a minor annoyance, if they made it that way. It becomes a major annoyance because the groups that they take around are so massive that it becomes a major distraction when they all break into song or start screaming and running down streets and whatnot.

I grant you that any large group of teens or whatever can be just as bad, but the problem is that most tour groups that go to Disney break up the group into smaller groups (like a lot of the Magic Music Days kids). A lot of these Brazillian tour groups stay together and when you have 30-50 kids all breaking into chant you can scare people around you who have no clue what's going on and they can become a major annoyance. If it were a group of like 6-10 kids it wouldn't be that bad, but it hardly ever is and when you get this massive group flooding a single rider line it becomes a problem.

You have read my mind. I don't get why they don't split these groups up. It would make life easier for everyone.

Disney05

I've never been to WDW in summer so I've never seen these groups. But reading all the post's about them conjure up visions of animal stampedes or something akin to running with the bulls. Does anyone have any pictures of these groups gathering?

BrerFrog

As you are Brazilian, can you tell me by what time they will be gone? Do we have to expect them to still be around at the end of August, beginning of September?

No, they will be gone by the end of August. The reason people see so many of them in July is because that is when schools, Colleges and etc around here are on their one-month Winter vacation period, which ends at the end of July.

They will also be there between the end of December and mid-February, more intensely in January. :wave:

Brazilian tour groups are awesome. Me and my group eneded up dancing and chanting with them waiting for a parade. People need to learn to lighten up and live. We had a blast doing it, and the groups had a blast having us have fun with them, instead of giving them dirty looks or sly remarks. People overreact just because they dont learn to "listen" or get to know the people visiting. All of them are happy to be there you should too. Maybe you should find out why they "chant" or dance before passing judgement.

Some are "rude". but learn the culture, many of them are not meaning to be. Much of it is just ignorance on your part.

I recommend joining in on the fun they are having, very friendly people, and makes the visit so much more enjoyable!

Eyorefan

Brazilian tour groups are awesome. Me and my group eneded up dancing and chanting with them waiting for a parade. People need to learn to lighten up and live. We had a blast doing it, and the groups had a blast having us have fun with them, instead of giving them dirty looks or sly remarks. People overreact just because they dont learn to "listen" or get to know the people visiting. All of them are happy to be there you should too. Maybe you should find out why they "chant" or dance before passing judgement.

I recommend joining in on the fun they are having, very friendly people, and makes the visit so much more enjoyable!

I think the issues is that no one pays thousands of dollars on a Disney vacation to hear teenagers (Brazilian or otherwise) chant. I mean, good for them if chanting is a way that they have fun, but it doesn't make a crowded theater or walkway the appropriate environment for that kind of thing.
I think the general feeling is that if we wanted to hear them chant we would vacation in Brazil. If I wanted to hear the cheerleaders perform their cheers I would go to the WWoS complex. One person's "fun" should never take away from the experience of others.

I think the issues is that no one pays thousands of dollars on a Disney vacation to hear teenagers (Brazilian or otherwise) chant. I mean, good for them if chanting is a way that they have fun, but it doesn't make a crowded theater or walkway the appropriate environment for that kind of thing.
I think the general feeling is that if we wanted to hear them chant we would vacation in Brazil. If I wanted to hear the cheerleaders perform their cheers I would go to the WWoS complex. One person's "fun" should never take away from the experience of others.

:shrug: Its personal opinion, tune it out, dont go during the summer, you need to learn to deal with things, dont go then if you dont like it, but my personal opinion is "if you cant beat em, join em", its a blast, try it sometime. :wave:, make the vacation much more enjoyable.

mrerk

Premium Member

Some are "rude". but learn the culture, many of them are not meaning to be. Much of it is just ignorance on your part.

OK, educate me. Why do they chant and dance?

BTW, this is not meant to be anti-Brasilian. I would have the same problem if it were cheerleaders or drunk Irishmen.

hemloc

One person's "fun" is another person's "disorderly conduct"... People have a right to not be bothered by people who act like uncaged idiots!! :fork:

LoriMistress

This is why I avoid going to WDW during the summer (besides the heat, crowds, and prices). I go during the fall/winter. It's just easier to avoid them at all costs.

One person's "fun" is another person's "disorderly conduct"... People have a right to not be bothered by people who act like uncaged idiots!! :fork:

If someone was doing the same thing, and you could understand what they were chanting/saying then you wouldnt call them "uncaged idiots". The only reason you say this is because for some reason an anti brazilian bias has been created on these forums, and unless you bash, your not cool. Just look at the amount of posts, and threads on this topic.

OK, educate me. Why do they chant and dance?

BTW, this is not meant to be anti-Brasilian. I would have the same problem if it were cheerleaders or drunk Irishmen.

Well they are first of all 15 and 16, its their first time in the country, without parents, and to many this is a right of passage, they go up to the city most of the time too. They are excited beyond belief to be in the USA, and to be in all places Walt Disney World. Just put yourselves in their shoes. They are not being rude they are excited beyond belief and although it seems like they cant control it, they usually do it when provoked (me and a group of my friends started a chant with them). Many of you would be doing the same thing. They're excited, they're not being rude. And if you say you wouldnt your lying to yourself. Again i say the best medicine is to join in, I used to be annoyed but when you join in, you appreciate it. Made a vacation for me and my group.

Pooh Lover

Well they are first of all 15 and 16, its their first time in the country, without parents, and to many this is a right of passage, they go up to the city most of the time too. They are excited beyond belief to be in the USA, and to be in all places Walt Disney World. Just put yourselves in their shoes. They are not being rude they are excited beyond belief and although it seems like they cant control it, they usually do it when provoked (me and a group of my friends started a chant with them). Many of you would be doing the same thing. They're excited, they're not being rude. And if you say you wouldnt your lying to yourself. Again i say the best medicine is to join in, I used to be annoyed but when you join in, you appreciate it. Made a vacation for me and my group.

I believe their behavior is a matter of interpretation. You interpret it as an abundance of excitement, others as rude behavior. I'm not saying either is 100% right or wrong, but I would no more tell you that you had to hate their behavior than I would expect you to tell someone else to find it acceptable. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I believe their behavior is a matter of interpretation. You interpret it as an abundance of excitement, others as rude behavior. I'm not saying either is 100% right or wrong, but I would no more tell you that you had to hate their behavior than I would expect you to tell someone else to find it acceptable. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

And I understand that completely, my point is, if you go during the summer thats what you encounter, its nothing new, been around for a while. My advice is "if you cant beat em join em" It definitely swayed my opinion of the groups dramatically, I used to hate them, but after enjoying the time with them, they honestly made my trip that much more fun. Im not saying that its wrong to say they are rude, but I wish people didnt sterotype :wave:, and stopped being ignorant. Put yourselves in their shoes.

Lam

I's obvious to see that the ideas and views you present comes from a young mans mind, Innoventions, and i feel you a bit.. We were 4 16-17 year old guys when we went there a week ago, and we had A LOT of fun with them too, but if you see through the eyes of a family traveling there they can be somewhat annoying..

There's no sollution to it really.. Any major group of teenagers at one place will make noise, take up space, etc etc, and that's not gonna change in the near future.

imagineer boy

I honestly think that Disney should get involved, at the very least to try and stop the clapping and chanting. Because technically isn't that kind of stuff against the rules? Its almost like someone putting on a performance of their own in the park.

NEmickeyfan

If someone was doing the same thing, and you could understand what they were chanting/saying then you wouldnt call them "uncaged idiots". The only reason you say this is because for some reason an anti brazilian bias has been created on these forums, and unless you bash, your not cool. Just look at the amount of posts, and threads on this topic.

I have to strongly disagree. The reason that there are continuous posts about this issue is not because there the mentality to follow the crowd or be cool. There is a serious problem with the tour groups.. I have been there and have witnessed the behavior other posters have mentioned. These tour groups are visitors to our country, and like any visitor they need to be educated on our culture before they arrive. We definitely have different values when it comes to behavior and personal space. Add to the mix that they are, infact, teenagers with a group mentality. I am to the point where I will probably give up my summer visit to WDW. I do not feel this way becuase I am racist or just following the crowd.... I feel this way because there is a real problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom