Brazil Tour Groups

tink729

Original Poster
Hey all, I just returned from a week's vacation at Disney World and although it was so much fun, these Brazilian tour groups made certain things miserable! They were loud, obnoxious, and beyond rude. They would push and shove their way to the front of theaters and lines. In one instance, they knocked my 1 year old niece over without so much as a backward glance. Not only did they cut lines, but they were constantly yelling, loudly singing, and clapping. It was a constant headache! They rarely had any adult supervision, and the only tour guides I encountered would stand at the fastpass machines with at least 100 tickets and eat up all the fastpasses for hours. Not only did I hear numerous guests complaining, but one CM at The Enchanted Tiki Room was telling my sister and I about how the tour group kids were in a fist fight at Epcot, jumped onto the track on Big Thunder Mountain, and were attempting to sneak past seat belt checks on certain rides. The other interesting thing the CM told us was that if you attempt to complain to an adult with the tour guide, most pretend that they don't speak English. But, apparently if you say that you are going to complain to Guest Relations, they suddenly speak perfect English. I can't believe that Disney allows this kind of behavior year after year. These tour groups were a total damper on my vacation, and i hope that they are regulated or separated into different weeks in the future. Has any one else experienced these Brazil tour groups?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
If someone pushes through the lines and shoves me or someone I am with there is a good chance somebody is going to get punched in the back of the head. I do not think any CM, or other person in line that has to deal with the BS will see anything I did.

The Empress Lilly

You skip a line in front of me, and you'll feel it, and I don't care how many of you there are. :fork:

(Unless it is a car park late at night and you look really big and mean...;))

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hey all, I just returned from a week's vacation at Disney World and although it was so much fun, these Brazilian tour groups made certain things miserable! They were loud, obnoxious, and beyond rude. They would push and shove their way to the front of theaters and lines. In one instance, they knocked my 1 year old niece over without so much as a backward glance. Not only did they cut lines, but they were constantly yelling, loudly singing, and clapping. It was a constant headache! They rarely had any adult supervision, and the only tour guides I encountered would stand at the fastpass machines with at least 100 tickets and eat up all the fastpasses for hours. Not only did I hear numerous guests complaining, but one CM at The Enchanted Tiki Room was telling my sister and I about how the tour group kids were in a fist fight at Epcot, jumped onto the track on Big Thunder Mountain, and were attempting to sneak past seat belt checks on certain rides. The other interesting thing the CM told us was that if you attempt to complain to an adult with the tour guide, most pretend that they don't speak English. But, apparently if you say that you are going to complain to Guest Relations, they suddenly speak perfect English. I can't believe that Disney allows this kind of behavior year after year. These tour groups were a total damper on my vacation, and i hope that they are regulated or separated into different weeks in the future. Has any one else experienced these Brazil tour groups?

They already are spread out all summer long.

I think they should make them all go during the same week. That way they would all be cutting in line in front of themselves.

Just close WDW for that week to all domestic visits and get it over with for the summer. :shrug:

SMRT-1

it's terrible that disney allows this....groups of 50 or more is just ridiculous.....all above are true...they are extremely rude.

zweltar

With this seeming to be such a problem, I wonder if Disney really will ever do anything about it. On the other hand, those brazillian tour groups provide much more revenue than the typical family of 4, I would imagine.

ImaYoyo

EDIT* I just realized OP has a whopping 2 posts so I'm really not feeling stooping to their level would be worth my time.

To those of you not from the U.S. and reading this, please know that we welcome you and look forward to your visit! MOST of us Americans are perfectly amicable people who would enjoy to see you here. "To ALL who come to this happy place: welcome"

unkadug

With this seeming to be such a problem, I wonder if Disney really will ever do anything about it. On the other hand, those brazillian tour groups provide much more revenue than the typical family of 4, I would imagine.

But they do not spend more than 50 families of four would spend. (assuming that the average tour group is 200 strong)

And ImaYoyo, I must have missed the "racist" comments that you refer to.

And as far as you not getting in line behind them...that's not the problem, the problem is when 200 of them cut in line in FRONT of you.

DDEPILLO

I too just returned and had to deal with the tour groups. there was a lot of them. I don't think anyone was left in Brazil. I didn't notice any one being rude but they were loud and did this clap and chant thing that in 95 degree weather with 100% hunidity would make me kinda angry. the worst is that they all used fastpass and one day last week DHS ran out of fastpass because of these tour groups. now that made me mad

BUT it was Disney and I still had fun.

ImaYoyo

But they do not spend more than 50 families of four would spend. (assuming that the average tour group is 200 strong)

And ImaYoyo, I must have missed the "racist" comments that you refer to.

And as far as you not getting in line behind them...that's not the problem, the problem is when 200 of them cut in line in FRONT of you.
It was actually your comment

"I think they should make them all go during the same week...

Just close WDW for that week to all domestic visits and get it over with for the summer."

So because of where you were born or what color your skin is, you can only go to WDW one week of the year? Hm......

unkadug

It was actually your comment

"I think they should make them all go during the same week...

Just close WDW for that week to all domestic visits and get it over with for the summer."

So because of where you were born or what color your skin is, you can only go to WDW one week of the year? Hm......

It was tongue in cheek...I take it you've never encountered these tour groups?

They are extremely rude and ill-mannered. I don't care where they are from. It doesn't excuse their actions.

ImaYoyo

It was tongue in cheek...I take it you've never encountered these tour groups?

They are extremely rude and ill-mannered. I don't care where they are from. It doesn't excuse their actions.
There's a great need for a "Bazinga" sign in the forums.

And oh yes, I'm in the parks at least twice a week, especially during the summer. Not out of choice though.

And I'm not a fan of sweeping generalizations, especially when it comes to cultural differences. I'm also not a fan of letting others affect my own well being.

mickey2008.1

i know alot of the tour groups are from brazil, but there are many rude people there at any time of year. Most of the problems seem to come from people who appear not to speak english and use it as an excuse as ive come across, but i ve had many rude peeps from the US as well. They all need a good punch to the back of the head! Just wait your turn, shut up, and have a good time.

The Empress Lilly

The problem is not Brazilian guests. I would guess tens (maybe hundreds?) of thousands of them visit each year.

The problem is with large groups of them, mainly teenagers. They bring their own energy. Which is not all bad - mostly, they are happy and singing and having a good time, so good for them.
It's just, when sixty uniformly dressed people are singing and clapping and doing their thing, their vibe takes over a place, they become the show. :shrug:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think part of it is the impression that they own the place, by taking over Main Street and doing their own dancing routines, and many of the other ill-mannered things, it gives the impression that they're in charge or something.

I visited this past Sunday and DHS was overrun with them...went to MK a bit later, less were there, but went on Space Mountain, wait time posted was 30 minutes, but as soon as my friends and I got in line we saw a TON of people from a tour group go to the fastpass line...our 30 minutes turned into 1 hour :fork:, and they didn't even have the games turned on (Haven't played them YET! Every time I go, they're not turned on, what gives???) :fork::fork:

So that was not a fun experience.

But anyway, whoever says that Fastpass doens't interfere with other wait times, what if a brazilian tour group suddenly slams the fastpass line...guess what happens...

ImaYoyo

The problem is not Brazilian guests. I would guess tens (maybe hundreds?) of thousands of them visit each year.

The problem is with large groups of them, mainly teenagers. They bring their own energy. Which is not all bad - mostly, they are happy and singing and having a good time, so good for them.
It's just, when sixty uniformly dressed people are singing and clapping and doing their thing, their vibe takes over a place, they become the show. :shrug:
I'll agree provided you change it to not just Brazillian teens, but MOST teen groups. Cheerleaders, Dance Groups, Football Teams, all tend to have a similar vibe for me.

BUT, saying "those damn teens" makes me feel old, which is why I try to think of when I was that age too. And then forget it and continue enjoying my mongolian beef at Sunshine Seasons. YUM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom