Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
For whatever reason, I've never considered Brazil whilst daydreaming about WS additions, but it is a big country with lots of interesting cities and ecosystems and the like. I like the amazon boat ride idea suggested by Lucky.

BTW, I agree with I'll believe it when Disney announces sentiment, but it's still an interesting news nugget.

WDWFigment

I will believe it when Disney confirms it. I have lost count of the number of times that a newspaper article has come out claiming this or that only to find out that a journalist has read a rumor on a discussion forum and taken it for fact.

Totally agreed. That said, if Disney were to add another country, this is a very logical choice. Disney targets Brazilian guests with shirts and other merchandise (to my knowledge, this is the only non-World Showcase country that has its own merchandise beyond pins) and WDW is a popular destination for Brazilians.

While it may not be my first choice from a personal perspective, it certainly would make sense from a business perspective.

DocMcHulk

At least the article wasn't biased.... :p

Google translates it to:
Brazil managed to seat a large international forum: Disney. Representatives of the largest complex of theme parks in the world have sought the federal government this week to announce that will install a flag of Brazil at Epcot Center in Orlando (USA). The country ranks with nations like USA, China, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Canada.

CaptainWinter

For whatever reason, I've never considered Brazil whilst daydreaming about WS additions, but it is a big country with lots of interesting cities and ecosystems and the like. I like the amazon boat ride idea suggested by Lucky.

I've never been to Brazil, but I think it offers all kinds of great possibilities for WS. The musical and culinary possibilities alone are unlimited. I hope the rumor is true, and the imagineers hit a home run with this!

Ausdaddy

Original Poster
More information has been added to the main article They are naming some of the people assisting Disney. Could be some substance to this.

Larry Mondello

Brazil is the only country with a gross domestic product of more that 2 trillion dollars that isn't represented at the world showcase.

/fun fact

SirNim

If such a Brasilian pavilion were ever to happen, its architectural centerpiece would undoubtedly be the Lacerda Elevator. IMO, of course. :D

djkidkaz

I was thinking this could be for Epcots 30th but that is October 1st of next year correct? Definitely not enough time to have it ready by then.

I also don't see why Disney would choose to expand Epcot when DHS and AK are in such need of expansion!?

I'll believe it when we get some real confirmation!

Lee

Adventurer
First I've heard of it.
I'm skeptical. Mostly because I have no reason to believe they could get this far long without any of us having heard about it.
I'm leaning toward a Food & Wine pavillion like Australia and Spain had recently.

maxairmike

Brazil had a F&W pavilion last year, so that wouldn't be new. Given the names involved...I would lean towards this having some merit.

WDWFigment

I was thinking this could be for Epcots 30th but that is October 1st of next year correct? Definitely not enough time to have it ready by then.

I also don't see why Disney would choose to expand Epcot when DHS and AK are in such need of expansion!?

I'll believe it when we get some real confirmation!

I would be shocked if Disney did anything to celebrate Epcot's 30th anniversary. That really isn't a substantial milestone. Just like the yearly WDW celebrations don't have much impact because they're the rule rather than the exception, these anniversaries are going to lose their luster if almost every year we're celebrating a new 5-year milestone for one of the parks (although for the parks, the "celebration" is usually confined to one day, so I guess it's not that bad).

BigThunderMatt

Not to be a debbie downer but I wouldn't support this in a million years. WDW lately has become 'Little Brazil' as it hosts thousands of annoying, ill-behaved, loud, and lack of English-speaking tour groups.

I'm surprised all of our ride spiels and safety announcements don't have a third, Portuguese addition to them yet...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom