Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocabear

Between that one and the Little Mermaid in NFL, boy did they over estimate the queue required for those two attractions.
For years the Seas with Nemo and Friends was allways filled to capacity...which is always a real letdown when people think they are getting in line for an amazing attraction and get that....I wish they would take some the the Queue and add back the original pre-show and hydrolators...if you want to bypass the cartoon ride and get more of an educational experience...

RSoxNo1

If I’m being honest, I enjoy FW at present. Imagination and Innoventions are the only serious issues. Everything else has compelling content and I actually enjoy the updated MS and Test Track. Soarin has a misplaced entrance but certainly belongs in Epcot. They should have just bulldozed that place with the cronuts and literally 2 toilets and built a Soarin queue with a real restroom. They could even sell cronuts in the queue. Or is it poutine now?

On the whole, I think Epcot will be a great park by its 40th, though seriously-altered since the ‘80s. Actually, all four parks should be in their best shape in two decades by the 50th. Not that this is a HUGE compliment.
I'm 100% on board with relocating Soarin's entrance to Showcase Plaza. Of course, I'm on the "it's a small world" to Showcase Plaza team as well.

As for Future World, I think the Test Track preshow screams classic EPCOT Center to me, but I think the ride doesn't utilize the designs as much as it should. Put our designs on screens next to our vehicle on some of the tests or animated up on monitors. Simply showing the rankings is unsatisfying and underwhelming. They went 70% of the way there.

Mission: SPACE's update is nice enough, but this is probably the worst D-ticket attraction on property. Short of outright replacing the attraction/building, I'm not seeing much here.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends is an underwhelming, disjointed attraction. The queue is great and the ride is stale. For me, it's C-ticket level. Admittedly, I was indifferent towards the Sea Cabs as well. With this, I'd love to see them use the wet to dry system from TDS's 20K Leagues Under the Sea as part of a Marianas Trench attraction.

Imagination is awful.

Living with the Land could use updates, but I'm not sure what. The greenhouse entry and exit tunnels should definitely be updated/cleaned/secured.

Spaceship Earth's problems are well documented, but not as critical as others feel. A new script is necessary and the descent needs to be fixed. I would be content with everything else remaining as is.

monykalyn

Which is a thematic blessing and a curse. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad it is, but now you have a very long queue of nothing, wonder why you pass by another line of people (are they queue jumping?!) and then get in a ride. You see some projections, seem to be looking for a fish, then wind up in a Seabase that you don’t know, don’t recognise and isn’t connected to the IP nor is it explained.

And then you can walk through glass doors back into Orlando.
Spent many hours after or before shift on my college program in TLS pavillion. Loved nearly every aspect and spent a lot of time just watching manatees. It wasn't until last August that I finally went and experienced the Nemo version. So sad...even the manatee tank seems diminished...
and don't even get me started on WoL...

RSoxNo1

I don’t have any particular problem with Ellen. She’s quite likeable and I don’t see a problem with making a topic more approachable by attaching a pop icon. I do think they were unnecessarily heavy-handed with the game show story, though. They should have dialed it back by 20% to provide a bit more focus on the science.

Similarly, I think the Nemo ride is a bit obnoxious but have absolutely no problem with the Nemo overlay to the actual Seabase. It was a clever way to engage kids and it’s a technique used by most modern zoos and aquaria. The placement of the Nemo characters into the aquarium at the ride’s finale is a genuinely cool effect. More effective than in Disneyland. But just like Ellen, they went a bit heavy-handed on the overlay elsewhere. At least the core of the Seas is still there.
Agreed, although at this point, I'd like to see the aquarium concept with or without Nemo in DAK.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The Seas with Nemo and Friends is an underwhelming, disjointed attraction. The queue is great and the ride is stale. For me, it's C-ticket level. Admittedly, I was indifferent towards the Sea Cabs as well. With this, I'd love to see them use the wet to dry system from TDS's 20K Leagues Under the Sea as part of a Marianas Trench attraction.

If I were an Imagineer and was charged with plussing Seas, but keeping to the IP mandate, I'd re-theme it to be the Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory. I'd give it a fresh makeover to match that theme, spruce up the paint job, etc. Turtle Talk is fine in this context too. For the main ride, I'd redo the show, keep the projections, but have the characters teach about Marine Life - maybe talk about the different areas in the tanks and some of the different Marine Life.

Princess Leia

I'm 100% on board with relocating Soarin's entrance to Showcase Plaza. Of course, I'm on the "it's a small world" to Showcase Plaza team as well.

As for Future World, I think the Test Track preshow screams classic EPCOT Center to me, but I think the ride doesn't utilize the designs as much as it should. Put our designs on screens next to our vehicle on some of the tests or animated up on monitors. Simply showing the rankings is unsatisfying and underwhelming. They went 70% of the way there.

Mission: SPACE's update is nice enough, but this is probably the worst D-ticket attraction on property. Short of outright replacing the attraction/building, I'm not seeing much here.

Imagination is awful.

Living with the Land could use updates, but I'm not sure what. The greenhouse entry and exit tunnels should definitely be updated/cleaned/secured.

Spaceship Earth's problems are well documented, but not as critical as others feel. A new script is necessary and the descent needs to be fixed. I would be content with everything else remaining as is.
Nemo was one of the longest waits on my last trip, and honestly, I’d be okay with not doing it again unless the wait is 0-10 minutes. IMO, it’s not a good ride, and the parts I care about are when the screens mesh with the real tanks.

I did both Test Track and M:S (Green) for the first time ever on the same trip, and I really enjoyed them! Both could be better, but I really did enjoy them. However, M:S isn’t helping the capacity issue at the park. I think the friend I did Green with and I waited 10 minutes. My friends who did Orange waited maybe 20. Test Track had over an hour wait at this point. M:S just needs something else to make it special.

Spaceship Earth needs to fix the descent. The screen portion was not great.

Living with the Land is probably one of my favorite rides at Epcot, but it needs an update for the 21st century.

Lastly... Imagination. This was the first trip ever for me that I didn’t step foot in the Imagination pavilion. I think the first and only time I rode Imagination was that first trip in 95, but my family always went to HIStA. I asked one of my friends if she wanted to go visit Figment (since the ride was a walk on), and she said no. So we didn’t. And neither did 95% of the people at Epcot. Disney needs to make Imagination 4.0 a priority.

bcoachable

If I were an Imagineer and was charged with plussing Seas, but keeping to the IP mandate, I'd re-theme it to be the Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory. I'd give it a fresh makeover to match that theme, spruce up the paint job, etc. Turtle Talk is fine in this context too. For the main ride, I'd redo the show, keep the projections, but have the characters teach about Marine Life - maybe talk about the different areas in the tanks and some of the different Marine Life.

I think I remember this scene and institute being modeled after the Aquarium in Monterey. Either way, a great thought!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Here's how I'd fix it:

Instead of a few monitors behind the fake coral, I'd make as much of the wall you face SCRE3NZZ!! Get the 8K ultra-HD kind.

Then the story would be Nemo going to school to learn about the seas. And the lesson is in the form of a song. Think "What's this" from Nightmare Before Christmas. Nemo and young friends ask "What's this? What's that?" and it's explained in a catchy song. Along the way they bump into Dory and Crush and they add their characteristic input. Marlin's following keeping an eye and he jumps in when the thing being asked about is dangerous.

And just slow the whole thing down for a fun and relaxing ride.

21stamps

I’m not quite sure why people think the seas are no longer educational.
Nemo ride aside, you don’t need a narator to look and talk about the aquarium.
There’s also CMs around to talk to about the marine life, if you want to.

smile

I’m not quite sure why people think the seas are no longer educational.
Nemo ride aside, you don’t need a narator to look and talk about the aquarium.
There’s also CMs around to talk to about the marine life, if you want to.

oh, i'd venture to bet it has something to do with the fact the pavilion has two fp+ attractions on the one side, while the other gets CMs around to talk to about the marine life, if you want to.

Last edited:

Aries1975

If the restaurant ends up being a brazilian churrascaria, I wonder how expensive it will be; those are expensive in Brazil. If an all you can eat buffet is around 40-50 dollars on property, an "all you can eat prime steaks without having to leave your table" is going to be really high priced.

O'hana has a similar "meat, meat and more meat" menu. Last time, we were there (Nov 2016) it was about $45 each. There will probably be a "premium," because the new restaurant will be in the park. My guess at least $50, maybe $55 an adult.

There are two rodizio style restaurants in my areas. Both have extensive salad and side dish buffets to distract from the meat. The price (non-Disney of course) is $30-35 a head, plus drinks, plus dessert. There is never room for dessert, and I love flan.

ToTBellHop

Sounds like we need the Property Brothers.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

See! You can have IP and edutainment too. That is how you do it Disney! OK, you heard the man. Find the budget and get crackin.

nickys

Premium Member
Spent many hours after or before shift on my college program in TLS pavillion. Loved nearly every aspect and spent a lot of time just watching manatees. It wasn't until last August that I finally went and experienced the Nemo version. So sad...even the manatee tank seems diminished...
and don't even get me started on WoL...

That manatee tank is awful. It's way too small, horrible. It felt as cruel as Sea World, which I refuse to go to again.

21stamps

That manatee tank is awful. It's way too small, horrible. It felt as cruel as Sea World, which I refuse to go to again.
It’s a double edged sword. I love SeaWorld, aquariums, rehabilitation centers with dolphin swimming etc. We can say that all of the marine life should be in the open ocean... but what would that do to studies, learning, volunteer work, and a general love and respect for marine life?

Sorry, don’t want to open that debate.. I can see your side of the issue, I just think it’s necessary.
Without aquariums I would have never acquired such a love for marine life, i definitely wouldn’t have become involved in programs, visiting SeaWorld as a young child is what prompted me to become such an avid diver later in life. I have an enormous respect for the ocean, and the creatures inside, as a result.

nickys

Premium Member
It’s a double edged sword. I love SeaWorld, aquariums, rehabilitation centers with dolphin swimming etc. We can say that all of the marine life should be in the open ocean... but what would that do to studies, learning, volunteer work, and a general love and respect for marine life?

Sorry, don’t want to open that debate.. I can see your side of the issue, I just think it’s necessary.
Without aquariums I would have never acquired such a love for marine life, i definitely wouldn’t have become involved in programs, visiting SeaWorld as a young child is what prompted me to become such an avid diver later in life. I have an enormous respect for the ocean, and the creatures inside, as a result.

Actually I don't have a problem with aquariums at all. It's just Sea World in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom