Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

Princess Leia

Click unwatch thread at top of thread.
@Pinkpearl or you can click Unwatch, and then click it again, then choose the second option if you want to still be notified when there are updates in the thread
02D38CB1-C8C1-4F61-87DA-4DB2CB16A7EB.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The D23 Disney Parks panel was a complete failure. Announcing stuff we already knew was happening (hello.....Frozen lands, HK Castle, Runaway Railway). Why was poor **** Van **** pulled out for a new land ZERO details were given on. All we got were names of announced rides previously announced. And why or why did Disney reveal everything to the press in the WDI pavilion and HOLD NOTHING back for Sunday. Who was in charge of this mess?

I don’t think this is fair at all...

Look - to expect Iger to authorize more billion dollar investments in parks right now is silly. Where “revenues” are being propped by price increase and attendance is not going up? That’s insane.

The guy is gonna retire, has no Disney loyalty, and wants stock price...nothing more. They’ve poured billions into parks over the last 8 years...

And remember this guy sat on his fists for years in regards to Orlando without doing a thing...took over in 2004 and did nothing really but pour some concrete and ad a couple of kiddie rides in fantasyland till 2017.

We just have to be realistic. I for one said they weren’t gonna keep putting out money...not this group.

Sadly they’re predictable.

Bermination

I guess it's back to Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse in Orlando for me... we were so close, yet so far.

I officially believe we will never see this happen, a shame.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok...now that it can be said: why did you want Brazil anyway?!?

I think the “thought”
Process behind this was crap from the start...and ultimately was “there’s tour groups...it must be BRAZIL!!!”

There’s plenty of people from jersey...they aren’t gonna build a Newark pavilion 👍🏻

It never made sense to me.

Now I don’t have to drop $200 on Caipirinhas for Marty at the Christ of the Andes bar and grill.

(Though the offer still stands are spice road or the Italian place, Dude😎)

Phicinfan

And that makes a lot of sense...I said that I think using the Germany and Japan show space makes a ton of sense not too long ago...

But..but...before 2 days ago there was tons and tons of snark about something like this being an inevitability. A year, year and a half ago there was “in contract talks” stuff that no one here would have any direct line to with validity. Way over most peoples paygrades if that existed at all.

This is the TEACHABLE MOMENT...

Lest we forget when the next new country rumor comes up (I’ll give it a month 😎)

Till then...I’m just gonna play words with friends with @Phicinfan 😎
Touche'

Pinkpearl

I think the “thought”
Process behind this was crap from the start...and ultimately was “there’s tour groups...it must be BRAZIL!!!”

There’s plenty of people from jersey...they aren’t gonna build a Newark pavilion 👍🏻

Now I don’t have to drop $200 on Caipirinhas for Marty at the Christ of the Andes bar and grill.

This is why I may leave the forum. This and others....

SpoiledBlueMilk

I think the “thought”

Would the Newark pavilion have a water ride with high concentrations of lead? Got to be authentic.

I never understood the immediate move of everyone towards a Brazil pavilion. So many other countries that could have been offered.

Also, don't give up hope. I'm sure after the next few phases are done that they'll start looking heavily at a new pavilion in World Showcase.

Princess Leia

I think the “thought”

Okay, so for starters, Brazil would be the first South American pavilion.

Secondly, the culture there isn’t represented in other pavilions.

Thirdly, it’s the first pavilion in decades, so that alone is something to be excited about.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Would the Newark pavilion have a water ride with high concentrations of lead? Got to be authentic.

I never understood the immediate move of everyone towards a Brazil pavilion. So many other countries that could have been offered.

Also, don't give up hope. I'm sure after the next few phases are done that they'll start looking heavily at a new pavilion in World Showcase.
That’s cold...
...I love it!!!😍

Epcot pavilions were built on sponsorship agreements with companies representing countries and American manufacturers in the late 70’s...those expired mostly in the early 90’s.

Why do I say this? Because they haven’t gotten close to new meaningful partnerships since.

The model is broken...that’s why they haven’t built a country in 30 years.

Why does imagination sit in squalor? Don’t think Kodak going bankrupt and delisting 15 years ago has something to do with it?
Guess again.

There’s a reason why Epcot is getting ip stuff beyond “Epcot is boring to be DD!!”

Have to peel the onion a little

RobbinsDad

And that makes a lot of sense...I said that I think using the Germany and Japan show space makes a ton of sense not too long ago...

But..but...before 2 days ago there was tons and tons of snark about something like this being an inevitability. A year, year and a half ago there was “in contract talks” stuff that no one here would have any direct line to with validity. Way over most peoples paygrades if that existed at all.

This is the TEACHABLE MOMENT...

Lest we forget when the next new country rumor comes up (I’ll give it a month 😎)

Till then...I’m just gonna play words with friends with @Phicinfan 😎
Literally one thing out of dozens of rumored attractions halfway vetted by our trusted insiders (Marni, Feather, others) has not been officially announced. Don’t position this as some kind of victory for the rumor cynics - there is a reason why this particular project keeps getting put off beyond just the notion of a collective fanboy dream.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Literally one thing out of dozens of rumored attractions halfway vetted by our trusted insiders (Marni, Feather, others) has not been officially announced. Don’t position this as some kind of victory for the rumor cynics - there is a reason why this particular project keeps getting put off beyond just the notion of a collective fanboy dream.
It’s not a football game...there are no “victors” here.

We’re all puppets...in the same sick play.

They have not built a country pavilion in 31 years because the dynamics of what Epcot is and how they were operated have changed dramatically...in fact...none have been approved since 85/86 and that last one collapse before it opened.

It’s not indicative of other rumors or plans...but it does define this type. Until this situation is understood and resolved...any country rumor is not worth sharing.

A lot of people talk and are proud of what they see in the mirror each morning...few of those outside bobs tanning booth have much of a say - however.

And FYI...I don’t think you understand what those “reasons” are. See? No innuendo...no nuance.

tirian

It’s not a football game...there are no “victors” here.

We’re all puppets...in the same sick play.

They have not built a country pavilion in 31 years because the dynamics of what Epcot is and how they were operated have changed dramatically...in fact...none have been approved since 85/86 and that last one collapse before it opened.

It’s not indicative of other rumors or plans...but it does define this type. Until this situation is understood and resolved...any country rumor is not worth sharing.

A lot of people talk and are proud of what they see in the mirror each morning...few of those outside bobs tanning booth have much of a say - however.

And FYI...I don’t think you understand what those “reasons” are. See? No innuendo...no nuance.

Around 90–91, Switzerland was planned, approved, announced, and never built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom