Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

eddie104

Well this was certainly most disappointing thing at D23 considering it wasn't announced and that could be for various reasons but I can only hope it is still in the works and may be announced at another time. :(

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They will never add another country, we need to just realize that and move on. They would rather expand existing pavilions.
They would have announced it today if it was happening, as construction would need to start soon in order for it to be ready for Epcot's 40th in 2022.
Don’t tell them the truth...too fragile right now for the realities.

Everyone raise there hand if you propagated this myth or snark for what seems like 10 years that it was going to happen.

Sometimes the bear gets you 🐻🐼🐨

RobbinsDad

Don’t tell them the truth...too fragile right now for the realities.

Everyone raise there hand if you propagated this myth or snark for what seems like 10 years that it was going to happen.

Sometimes the bear gets you 🐻🐼🐨
So you’re saying several years of increasingly-credulous rumors from multiple insider sources was just collective wishing?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My theory: this was all set to be announced, and it was even the second poster. Then they pulled.it at the last minute with the fires and swapped in a poster for World Celebration.

Wouldn't be surprised if we hear about it separately once this current crisis has passed.
Your theory is crazy...at least 90%

The other 10% chance may be sorta true...but isn’t what you think it might be.

This is what the “disciples of the Brazil pavilion” did today:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So you’re saying several years of increasingly-credulous rumors from multiple insider sources was just collective wishing?
I’m saying several years of innuendo and gossip from those with no idea of the complexity of the world showcase operations situation...or the complexities of Brazil in a political and economic sense...

Believed what they wanted to believe and allowed it to get carried away.

This has happened with world showcase rumors for decades. Nothing new. Ultimately harmless.

Disney is a top down company. Unless bob Iger is your uncle...beware of anything ye hear!

Sir_Cliff

I’m saying several years of innuendo and gossip from those with no idea of the complexity of the world showcase operations situation...or the complexities of Brazil in a political and economic sense...

Believed what they wanted to believe and allowed it to get carried away.

This has happened with world showcase rumors for decades. Nothing new. Ultimately harmless.

Disney is a top down company. Unless bob Iger is your uncle...beware of anything ye hear!
Ugh, now this will go on forever in every rumor thread. :rolleyes:

eddie104

They will never add another country, we need to just realize that and move on. They would rather expand existing pavilions.
They would have announced it today if it was happening, as construction would need to start soon in order for it to be ready for Epcot's 40th in 2022.
I would never say never but expanding current pavilion offerings would be smarter.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would never say never but expanding current pavilion offerings would be smarter.
And that makes a lot of sense...I said that I think using the Germany and Japan show space makes a ton of sense not too long ago...

But..but...before 2 days ago there was tons and tons of snark about something like this being an inevitability. A year, year and a half ago there was “in contract talks” stuff that no one here would have any direct line to with validity. Way over most peoples paygrades if that existed at all.

This is the TEACHABLE MOMENT...

Lest we forget when the next new country rumor comes up (I’ll give it a month 😎)

Till then...I’m just gonna play words with friends with @Phicinfan 😎

Last edited:

jmuboy

The D23 Disney Parks panel was a complete failure. Announcing stuff we already knew was happening (hello.....Frozen lands, HK Castle, Runaway Railway). Why was poor Dick Van pulled out for a new land ZERO details were given on. All we got were names of announced rides previously announced. And why or why did Disney reveal everything to the press in the WDI pavilion and HOLD NOTHING back for Sunday. Who was in charge of this mess?

eddie104

The D23 Disney Parks panel was a complete failure. Announcing stuff we already knew was happening (hello.....Frozen lands, HK Castle, Runaway Railway). Why was poor **** Van **** pulled out for a new land ZERO details were given on. All we got were names of announced rides previously announced. And why or why did Disney reveal everything to the press in the WDI pavilion and HOLD NOTHING back for Sunday. Who was in charge of this mess?
Honestly the media shouldn't have been allowed to post pictures until Sunday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom