Bounceback Offers Return to Walt Disney World

IanDLBZF

Except, they do cut back on operations. Food service have reduced hours, reduced cooks, reduced clerks. Less CMs get put on the roster for crowd control. Rides that can be run a half pace (e.g., just one side of Space Mountain) get run at reduced rates. Less tapstyles open at the main gates, etc...
Add to that hiring freezes across the board.

Trauma

The return times are the usual yearly doldrums. It's not unusual at all for deals during that time frame.

For everyone doing the schadenfreude dance that this slow spat is going to hurt Disney, keep in mind they have another lever: Reduced CM hours.

So, congrats on manifesting less pay for the CMs!
Yeah the posters here on the forums are manifesting less pay for the CM’s, not the failed Managment team.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
It's July 4 weekend and EPCOT was not crowded at all. When we got to EPCOT around 4pm Frozen and Ratatouille were both ~40 minutes. Here are some predicted vs. actual crowds according to Touring Plans:

MK Predicted: 5
MK Actual: 2

EPCOT Predicted: 4
EPCOT Actual: 1

HS Predicted: 6
HS Actual 3

AK Predicted: 5
AK Actual: 3

It does feel pretty busy at Poly, which tracks word that bookings here are very high here through the 3rd and again on 5th and after.

IanDLBZF

It does feel pretty busy at Poly, which tracks word that bookings here are very high here through the 3rd and again on 5th and after.
sounds interesting! tv land GIF by YoungerTV

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This one I have to struggle with.. this year our room discount saved us maybe 400, our eating cost for the trip will be about 4x that. Is it because we’re staying in a value? Or is it because we’re in that character meal stage.. toddlers and preschoolers. I know we’ve had free dining in the past but that would have been 2019 and I could swear we saved a lot more with that than a room discount.
Remember that they reduce what you get based on how much you pay for you’re room…and you pay full price for that and the tickets.

Free dining reFresher:
It ended up being a Percentage discount like any other.
They raised the bases every year
It wrecked a lot of the menus and prices to this day

So by the end of that 5 year window…the same packages cost double…and with “regular” prices since probably 3x as much

A lot of the “free dining” were long ago priced out

Cause Bob sucks and is a lying cheat

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They're gonna nibble around every edge they can before they'd ever cut back operations. Then they will happily cut back operations before they ever consider retreating from paid alternate queuing, and I also doubt annual ticket price increases will freeze.
They’re not “nibbling”…they’re sharks attacking a New England beach town at this point

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The return times are the usual yearly doldrums. It's not unusual at all for deals during that time frame.

For everyone doing the schadenfreude dance that this slow spat is going to hurt Disney, keep in mind they have another lever: Reduced CM hours.

So, congrats on manifesting less pay for the CMs!
Nobody is celebrating that (Stamps is long gone…)

But I fail to see how it’s anyone here’s fault?

Their attendance is tanking NOT IN A RECESSION due to their management.

I’ll repeat: that has NEVER happened in the 68 years of Disney parks. Not once before.

And their advance bookings are far worse than we known…ima told. I guarantee there are people lurking here with first hand knowledge of that data…
What i hear has been anecdotal/second handed. But I don’t doubt it.

Something very big is heading to TWDC…it just will depend on how the chips fall.

Tha Realest

Yeah the posters here on the forums are manifesting less pay for the CM’s, not the failed Managment team.
It’s risible, especially considering all of the anti-CM and anti-labor things the company has done, and continues to do.

Let’s not forget they were fired en masse, and how long the company refused to budge on raises.

Tha Realest

It's July 4 weekend and EPCOT was not crowded at all. When we got to EPCOT around 4pm Frozen and Ratatouille were both ~40 minutes. Here are some predicted vs. actual crowds according to Touring Plans:

HS Actual 3

I just checked online and there’s still tons of rooms available over the next few days across the resorts with the exception of Poly and GF. Fireworks spots, perhaps?

seabreezept813

Remember that they reduce what you get based on how much you pay for you’re room…and you pay full price for that and the tickets.

Free dining reFresher:
It ended up being a Percentage discount like any other.
They raised the bases every year
It wrecked a lot of the menus and prices to this day

So by the end of that 5 year window…the same packages cost double…and with “regular” prices since probably 3x as much

A lot of the “free dining” were long ago priced out

Cause Bob sucks and is a lying cheat
Gotcha, not disagreeing that it messed up menus. I just legit think it saved us more money than a room discount. If it does come back, I’ll have a better basis for comparison having gone last year and going this summer. Even though my stepdaughter and I will share QS meals sometimes, and 5 and 2 share, with 3 adults and 2 kids it’s so expensive to eat in the World, especially because we enjoy the character meals and I don’t want to spend the whole day waiting to see characters. We’ll see how this trip goes though to see where we go next year. We always thought about getting DVC at this point in our lives, but don’t think there’s much value in it now.

osian

Gotcha, not disagreeing that it messed up menus. I just legit think it saved us more money than a room discount. If it does come back, I’ll have a better basis for comparison having gone last year and going this summer. Even though my stepdaughter and I will share QS meals sometimes, and 5 and 2 share, with 3 adults and 2 kids it’s so expensive to eat in the World, especially because we enjoy the character meals and I don’t want to spend the whole day waiting to see characters. We’ll see how this trip goes though to see where we go next year. We always thought about getting DVC at this point in our lives, but don’t think there’s much value in it now.

I'm in the UK, but I do solo trips. I was last at WDW in February and I stayed at Riverside for 11 nights. The promotion at that time was the Dining & Merchandise credit and the $200 general gift card. I basically got $1000 spending money! This worked far better for me than a free dining plan would have. The (QS) dining plan is rigid, it's two meals (drink and entree - note, no dessert) and a snack per day. Eating habits don't necessarily fall into that pattern and you could easily spend on food outside that pattern, which I do, especially at Epcot or just needing ice creams or drinks or something throughout the day. I generally prefer a dessert with my meal as I usually just have water in my refillable bottle. The QS dining plan wouldn't even run to a dessert with every meal, and what to do about Epcot festival items??

It made my hoiday completely inclusive,and honestly I made full use of the credit and ate what I wanted and "spent" much more on merchandise than I would have done normally.

It only worked for me though because I was solo. The dining plan probably works better for at least two people in the same room as the offer is per person not per room. But as a solo traveller I pay relativelymore for my holiday anyway, the room costs the same regarkdess of how many people are in it.

In a nutshell, I'd prefer the UK packages to continue with the Dining & Merchandise credit rather than free dining! If only we had the choice. UK packages are great but unlike the US offers we don't have a choice and the current offer prevailing at the time of booking is what we get.

Last edited:

seabreezept813

I'm in the UK, but I do solo trips. I was last at WDW in February and I stayed at Riverside for 11 nights. The promotion at that time was the Dining & Merchandise credit and the $200 general gift card. I basically got $1000 spending money! This worked far better for me than a free dining plan would have. The (QS) dining plan is rigid, it's two whole meals and a snack per day. Eating habits don't necessarily fall into that pattern and you could easily spend on food outside that pattern, which I do, especially at Epcot or just needing ice creams or drinks or something throughout the day.

It made my hoiday completely inclusive,and honestly I made full use of the credit and ate what I wanted and "spent" much more on merchandise than I would have done normally.

It only worked for me though because I was solo. The dining plan probably works better for at least two people in the same room as the offer is per person not per room. But as a solo traveller I pay relativelymore for my holiday anyway, the room costs the same regarkdess of how many people are in it.

In a nutshell, I'd prefer the UK packages to continue with the Dining & Merchandise credit rather than free dining! If only we had the choice. UK packages are great but unlike the US offers we don't have a choice and the current offer prevailing at the time of booking is what we get.
We have the dining credit promo this year too which was the same savings as a room discount. But the 350 we’ll get will not even cover 2 sit downs for us. So definitely not as helpful as a sit down a day.

lentesta

Premium Member

HS Actual 3

Yeah, MK was slow yesterday. We had people doing some basic queuing theory stuff there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Meaning either they'll sell the parks or the whole company goes under.
No…ether institutional investors will FINALLY replace the management and large parts of the board…which will (hopefully) start a long recovery road…

Or the weasel will try to sell…sorry “merge” the whole thing on the cheap cause his ego has take a massive hit

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Nobody is celebrating that (Stamps is long gone…)

But I fail to see how it’s anyone here’s fault?

Their attendance is tanking NOT IN A RECESSION due to their management.

I’ll repeat: that has NEVER happened in the 68 years of Disney parks. Not once before.

And their advance bookings are far worse than we known…ima told. I guarantee there are people lurking here with first hand knowledge of that data…
What i hear has been anecdotal/second handed. But I don’t doubt it.

Something very big is heading to TWDC…it just will depend on how the chips fall.
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Trauma

No…ether institutional investors will FINALLY replace the management and large parts of the board…which will (hopefully) start a long recovery road…

Or the weasel will try to sell…sorry “merge” the whole thing on the cheap cause his ego has take a massive hit
@Casper Gutman has been telling me that anyone who replaces Iger will be even worse because of corporate culture. ( Sorry Casper if I’m not getting that exactly right )

What are your thoughts on the chances of the next CEO being able to lead a turnaround?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
@Casper Gutman has been telling me that anyone who replaces Iger will be even worse because of corporate culture. ( Sorry Casper if I’m not getting that exactly right )

What are your thoughts on the chances of the next CEO being able to lead a turnaround?
It’s possible

It would definitely be so if anyone INTERNAL replaces him.

We passed that “option” long ago. The Disney management now is far more gutted/feckless as it was when Eisner was pushed out for it. Iger has become more of a clown bouncing off the echo chamber in his own skull. There is no “option” under a nametag.
But Napoleon thinks since he put subs from Facebook and Nike (two of the scummiest companies on the planet -
By the way) on the board…that he can’t be accused of running a public company like an oligarchy.
He only lets other humans on the top of the dwarf house so he gets attention…doesn’t care what any of them would say. That’s why you had a tool take over, get fired, and a new tool is fired every week when the bad numbers don’t turn around. Who’s going down next?

We know who should. It’s plain as day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom