Bounceback Offers Return to Walt Disney World

Domboy

So we think Free Disney Dining will come back? That was a major plus for me when booking ( I know it wasn’t free and rolled into the room cost etc but I felt I was getting value).
Looking for Nov 2024 as it cost a ton to come from the UK so having to plan lol and wondered if it’s worth locking in. Is it hold and see what happens 🤔

Nubs70

Discounts , and more recent layoffs such as Disney owned National Geographic and ESPN . If a division such as parks and resorts can offer more discounts in hopes of not laying off more cast...
Layoffs and discounts are a Both/And not Either/Or.. DIS needs to cut costs and the "cash cow" that is Parks needs to increase gate count.

What actions NatGeo and P&R take are really not interrelated other than DIS consolidated financial statements.

Lilofan

Layoffs and discounts are a Both/And not Either/Or.. DIS needs to cut costs and the "cash cow" that is Parks needs to increase gate count.

What actions NatGeo and P&R take are really not interrelated other than DIS consolidated financial statements.
"Cash cow" parks and resorts as some say also went through layoffs to decrease headcount and lower labor costs.

drizgirl

They've been trying to make that happen at Disneyland for 25 years now.

Your customers are your customers. The "unfavorables" are those who have no interest in coming, not those who do show up.
I'm sure they have the data showing that some customers are a lot riper for the picking than others. And I'm sure it's much more pronounced at DLR. I don't blame them for trying. It's quite a balancing act though.

DisneyDebRob

So we think Free Disney Dining will come back? That was a major plus for me when booking ( I know it wasn’t free and rolled into the room cost etc but I felt I was getting value).
Looking for Nov 2024 as it cost a ton to come from the UK so having to plan lol and wondered if it’s worth locking in. Is it hold and see what happens 🤔
I’m thinking with all the discounts and promotions being pushed, you may be much better off just booking with some of these specials and not wait for the “ Free dining” charade that’s may be thrown around at some point or another.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh boy…here we go.

UK packages are completely different than the US…so I hope you get what you’re looking for…

But please NO ONE in the states start asking about “free dining”? The trauma from that scheme is just starting to fade…and therapy is expensive.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm sure they have the data showing that some customers are a lot riper for the picking than others. And I'm sure it's much more pronounced at DLR. I don't blame them for trying. It's quite a balancing act though.
It’s less pronounced in Anaheim because it’s less of a “destination” and much more of a local crowd…

Wdw is where the marks are

seabreezept813

Oh boy…here we go.

UK packages are completely different than the US…so I hope you get what you’re looking for…

But please NO ONE in the states start asking about “free dining”? The trauma from that scheme is just starting to fade…and therapy is expensive.
This one I have to struggle with.. this year our room discount saved us maybe 400, our eating cost for the trip will be about 4x that. Is it because we’re staying in a value? Or is it because we’re in that character meal stage.. toddlers and preschoolers. I know we’ve had free dining in the past but that would have been 2019 and I could swear we saved a lot more with that than a room discount.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The return times are the usual yearly doldrums. It's not unusual at all for deals during that time frame.

For everyone doing the schadenfreude dance that this slow spat is going to hurt Disney, keep in mind they have another lever: Reduced CM hours.

So, congrats on manifesting less pay for the CMs!

JoeCamel

This one I have to struggle with.. this year our room discount saved us maybe 400, our eating cost for the trip will be about 4x that. Is it because we’re staying in a value? Or is it because we’re in that character meal stage.. toddlers and preschoolers. I know we’ve had free dining in the past but that would have been 2019 and I could swear we saved a lot more with that than a room discount.
Ummm wildly inflated prices to see foamheads making your kids smile is what you want then yes you will pay $65 for Mickey Waffles and bad coffee. Part of the territory if you choose to play the game

fgmnt

The return times are the usual yearly doldrums. It's not unusual at all for deals during that time frame.

For everyone doing the schadenfreude dance that this slow spat is going to hurt Disney, keep in mind they have another lever: Reduced CM hours.

So, congrats on manifesting less pay for the CMs!
They're gonna nibble around every edge they can before they'd ever cut back operations. Then they will happily cut back operations before they ever consider retreating from paid alternate queuing, and I also doubt annual ticket price increases will freeze.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They're gonna nibble around every edge they can before they'd ever cut back operations.
Except, they do cut back on operations. Food service have reduced hours, reduced cooks, reduced clerks. Less CMs get put on the roster for crowd control. Rides that can be run a half pace (e.g., just one side of Space Mountain) get run at reduced rates. Less tapstyles open at the main gates, etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom