Boulder Ridge refurb underway - Aug 16th

Club Cooloholic

Though reality if you are doing retro chic it's okay too. Retro is not what I equate with BRV anyway.
Yeah, not woodsy mountain, though maybe the designer stayed in a airbnb in the Poconos and was inspired lol. It certainly reminds me of places I rented at the Jersey
I think the bedroom looks fine.
The choice of sofa colours seem odd to me but the one in the 1-bed is at least an OK colour, even if it doesn’t match.
It's OK. I don't love the wallpaper, gives more of a older motel vibe and am I crazy or does it look like carpet in there vs laminate in the rest of the unit?

Weather_Lady

I'm just going to stick my neck out here and say that I like this decor. Yes, it's a bit of a mish-mosh and by no means luxurious, but so is every mountain lodge or lakeside cabin or Adirondack resort I've ever actually stayed in! I have happy memories tied to the colorful blend of Native American-style rugs, Howdy Doody-era curtains, shiny formica, giclee tourism posters, and barkcloth upholstery that one tends to find in those places, which get added-to slowly over time -- so to me, the anomalous design elements seem not only harmonious, but comfortingly familiar.

At the very least, this is more attractive and vibrant to me than the last, "Marriott Bambi" redo (which, in the interest of full disclosure, I still didn't mind), or the garish "Jessica McClintock Gunne Sax factory explosion" iteration that preceded it (which admitedly was a dead ringer for what the hotel rooms of National Park Lodges have really looked like for decades -- just Google "rooms" and "Crater Lake Lodge" or "Old Faithful Inn, Yellowstone" -- but I personally found dated and ugly). Of course, as with all things, taste is entirely subjective, and I've never been accused of having an abundance of it! Also, as a non-DVC owner who doesn't have a financial interest in this property, my standards for judging it are certainly not as high as those who have invested significantly in it, and I can see why many people would feel disappointed with the shift in tone, particularly when the theme could have been conveyed in a more sophisticated way, with much richer finishes, and bespoke hand-crafted (or designed to look so) furniture and fixtures.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm just going to stick my neck out here and say that I like this decor. Yes, it's a bit of a mish-mosh and by no means luxurious, but so is every mountain lodge or lakeside cabin or Adirondack resort I've ever actually stayed in! I have happy memories tied to the colorful blend of Native American-style rugs, Howdy Doody-era curtains, shiny formica, giclee tourism posters, and barkcloth upholstery that one tends to find in those places, which get added-to slowly over time -- so to me, the anomalous design elements seem not only harmonious, but comfortingly familiar.

At the very least, this is more attractive and vibrant to me than the last, "Marriott Bambi" redo (which, in the interest of full disclosure, I still didn't mind), or the garish "Jessica McClintock Gunne Sax factory explosion" iteration that preceded it (which admitedly was a dead ringer for what the hotel rooms of National Park Lodges have really looked like for decades -- just Google "rooms" and "Crater Lake Lodge" or "Old Faithful Inn, Yellowstone" -- but I personally found dated and ugly). Of course, as with all things, taste is entirely subjective, and I've never been accused of having an abundance of it! Also, as a non-DVC owner who doesn't have a financial interest in this property, my standards for judging it are certainly not as high as those who have invested significantly in it, and I can see why many people would feel disappointed with the shift in tone, particularly when the theme could have been conveyed in a more sophisticated way, with much richer finishes, and bespoke hand-crafted (or designed to look so) furniture and fixtures.
We like it as well, and will be staying there in March. Hoping that the refurbished rooms are all done by then.

correcaminos

I don't hate it, but this isn't supposed to be the Adirondack. This is more of national parks out west that you mentioned you disliked :D

I don't like mish mash, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I want to see more of it in person to see if it feels more cohesive. But meh it's not the end of the world. We own at CCV since I couldn't find a BRV so unlikely we'll stay there much.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Any word on how far along this is? We’ll be there in a few months, so really hoping for a refurbished room.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Any word on how far along this is? We’ll be there in a few months, so really hoping for a refurbished room.
The first rooms were completed before Christmas. I don’t know how long it’s anticipated to take but I would think in a few months it will all be finished. You can always request a refurbished one.

correcaminos

@LuvtheGoof A ton of rooms were dropped mid December. They are slated to be done end of spring.

Sorry for lack of quote. This site has recently been hosed for me. It keeps adding lines in the reply making quoting impossible. Caused me to stop posting (among other reasons) and made me decide to changee usernames since I'm swapping to mostly lurk mode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom