Boulder Ridge refurb underway - Aug 16th

CaptainAmerica

That room looks totally different from what is shown in taht preview. The woven pattern....is because they are actual blankets. I actually don't mind the headboard, but the light walla and that Murph bed...none of it seems to go together. They need faux wood walls or something, even a darker wall paper would help. Right now that looks like a store furnace display of non matching pieces
I didn't say the room looks the same, I said the textiles aren't out of place.

correcaminos

View attachment 666520

Old Faithful Inn at Yellowstone, i.e. the main resort on which Wilderness Lodge is based. Note the colorful red woven textiles on each bed.

It's EXACTLY the kind of thing you'd see in the region.
Seriously they look nothing alike. The colors, the patterns. Nothing. The woven headboard looks like a 2nd grade class trying weaving in art class. It clashes with the couch and the curtains which are all far too bright. This room looks cool. The BRV one? Hideous. Makes me glad I backed out of BRV for CCV. I'd rather a more simplistic design than what we see in the pic for BRV. This refurb was needed and outside of the Murphy bed, this sucks. I hope to goodness that's an outdated pic

correcaminos

Y’all do realize that this is a really bad cell phone photo, don’t you? The actual colors are probably nothing like the picture. We have a reservation in March and will let y’all know what it really looks like.
I know it's a single pic. But we had similar for an SSR studio and it was pretty accurate. A bit lighter headboard than IRL like I'm sure this bed is, but the green curtains are same as bright atrocity we saw with a sneaks earlier for BRV.

correcaminos

Just to add, I think we need to stop assuming it is the cell phones making bad photos. Simply because my cell phone seriously rocks with photos. This was nothing other than me holding the camera zooming way in. More likely at this point, Disney has crappy photos.

Attachments

• 20220811_225215.jpg
    20220811_225215.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 68

Club Cooloholic

Just to add, I think we need to stop assuming it is the cell phones making bad photos. Simply because my cell phone seriously rocks with photos. This was nothing other than me holding the camera zooming way in. More likely at this point, Disney has crappy photos.
Agreed. Also, I didn't think the rooms were anything to wrote home about before the refurb, just so far it's a little bit of a disappointment. But maybe it will look better in person. I wasn't a fan of the refurb for the Poly DVCs, and ended up liking most of it.

correcaminos

Agreed. Also, I didn't think the rooms were anything to wrote home about before the refurb, just so far it's a little bit of a disappointment. But maybe it will look better in person. I wasn't a fan of the refurb for the Poly DVCs, and ended up liking most of it.
I wasn't as sure of the blue couch for PVB but loved it in person. Not to mention super comfortable bed. Kid picked it for spring break over a 1 bedroom elsewhere even too because he just loves the rooms. I realize not everything is going to be great in photos, but based on sneaks earlier and putting it with this one, I'm just not loving this one. Honestly really glad my BRV negotiations stalled (a stupid seller who thought they'd get asking only with a totally stripped contract that was overpriced, so moved on to CCV). I will say I like a more clean look of CCV even if less themed than this. I did like the WL resort rooms for the most part too when we were in them a bunch with friends this past summer.

This one just feels a hodge podge of colors and stuff. The brown pillow doesn't fit with the coloring in the headboard. The headboard is just off to me. The green and red/orange on the curtains is blech. Some people must have complained too much about darkness in BRV because these colors are just all wrong to me.

It's strange I have never been this negative on a refurb before (outside of Incredibles in Contemporary).

Weather_Lady

I think the best course is to hold off on any kind of detailed analysis until we see true-color pictures of the entire room. I don't hate the newer picture-of-a-screen photo, but I guess that's because my eyes are automatically deciding that the tone of the colors is completely off, so I'm "seeing" them as less garish and more neutral (like that famous, is-the-dress-blue-and-black-or-white-and-gold photo that flew around the internet a few years ago).

I don't think the new color scheme is too dissimilar from the primary-color blue/red/green/mixed-print scheme of Boulder Ridge from the 90s-00s, before the most recent (brown/orange/light green/Bambi) refurb. But we'll have to wait on better photography to know.

correcaminos

I think the best course is to hold off on any kind of detailed analysis until we see true-color pictures of the entire room. I don't hate the newer picture-of-a-screen photo, but I guess that's because my eyes are automatically deciding that the tone of the colors is completely off, so I'm "seeing" them as less garish and more neutral (like that famous, is-the-dress-blue-and-black-or-white-and-gold photo that flew around the internet a few years ago).

I don't think the new color scheme is too dissimilar from the primary-color blue/red/green/mixed-print scheme of Boulder Ridge from the 90s-00s, before the most recent (brown/orange/light green/Bambi) refurb. But we'll have to wait on better photography to know.
Interesting you brought that up. I hated the 90-00s BRV colors too. I avoided there until the last update so that could be me not liking that look as a whole.

bpiper

The picture is bad because it was taken of the TV screen in the room. The resort channel must have been updated with the new room photo.

BlackCauldron

Official photos of the studio and one bedroom. Looks like that studio couch is indeed red, but doesn't look as bad as it does in the earlier pictures. 1 bedroom looks quite nice IMO.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
The 1-bed looks quite nice E, albeit the seating bench is very bright!

Does the 1-bed currently have the 5th sleeper or is it just the studios. I like that they have at least listened and provided some storage near the 5th sleeper and also the shelves around the Innovo bed in the living room.

BlackCauldron

Does the 1-bed currently have the 5th sleeper or is it just the studios. I like that they have at least listened and provided some storage near the 5th sleeper and also the shelves around the Innovo bed in the living room.
According to the wording in the article, it seems that only the studios are getting the fifth sleeper. Although I find it strange that a studio would sleep more than a 1 bed.

And the extra storage is a huge plus. We stayed in the Poly villas last month, and while there was certainly enough space to put our things, I felt the workable storage was very piecemeal. It was odd needing to keep underwear and socks in the drawer next to the Bible.

correcaminos

I personally think it looks like a bit of a mish mash of stuff with the bench. and the sofa.

According to the wording in the article, it seems that only the studios are getting the fifth sleeper. Although I find it strange that a studio would sleep more than a 1 bed.

And the extra storage is a huge plus. We stayed in the Poly villas last month, and while there was certainly enough space to put our things, I felt the workable storage was very piecemeal. It was odd needing to keep underwear and socks in the drawer next to the Bible.
That actually happened at a lot of the resorts. No single pull down sleeper at like BCV and the like. This is a similar layout so not shocking.

Club Cooloholic

I personally think it looks like a bit of a mish mash of stuff with the bench. and the sofa.

That actually happened at a lot of the resorts. No single pull down sleeper at like BCV and the like. This is a similar layout so not shocking.
I agree with you. It looks like a condo that someone populated this with furnishings found in a yard sale. 60s/70s styling can be cool but not when there is no cohesiveness.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think the bedroom looks fine.
The choice of sofa colours seem odd to me but the one in the 1-bed is at least an OK colour, even if it doesn’t match.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom