Boulder Ridge refurb underway - Aug 16th

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am saying its an exaggeration to say having a one bedroom in SSR is the same as having a studio is all. It's not that bad. But we are at different points, so I can see where the TV muphy is not as useful in the future, but I am sure there are some who would rather have a more comfortable couch than a fold out, can't please everyone.
I never mentioned anything to do with studios. 🙅‍♀️

The Queen Murphy wall beds are fantastic, don’t get me wrong.

It’s the adding the single Murphy under the TV that’s removed the storage that I don’t like, and for us it means we won’t book the 1-beds. I understand some people will love it.

Club Cooloholic

I never mentioned anything to do with studios. 🙅‍♀️

The Queen Murphy wall beds are fantastic, don’t get me wrong.

It’s the adding the single Murphy under the TV that’s removed the storage that I don’t like, and for us it means we won’t book the 1-beds. I understand some people will love it.
Oh totally. And just so you don't think I'm crazy....your last line here...that would be a studio.
The closets are in the master suite though. We book 1 beds so our adult kids sleep in the living room. I don’t want them coming into our room to get their clothes. The whole point of DVC was to have privacy. Otherwise we might as well be in one room.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I find that TV murphy pretty useful, what is your issue?

Because in the studio, the table is attached to the pull down murphy bed, which is a royal PITA.

Not an issue with the one bedroom and larger. As @nickys mentioned, however, if DVC does the same as they did with the SSR renovations, you'll loose the drawer space currently in the living room as the TV sits on a combo chest of drawers/TV stand. Where do the adults sleeping in the living room stash their clothes? Not everyone likes to live out of their suitcase for a week...or 2....

Closets won't be an issue, though, as the one bedroom and larger rooms have a good sized closet in the entry way.

I'm just concerned DVC is going to screw up the renovations to one of my home resorts like they did to SSR. No one ever said, "I'm okay with NO storage"....

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh totally. And just so you don't think I'm crazy....your last line here...that would be a studio.
I said the whole point of buying DVC was to have privacy, otherwise we might as well be in one room. So we wouldn’t have bought DVC, we would just have booked a hotel room.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I am saying its an exaggeration to say having a one bedroom in SSR is the same as having a studio is all. It's not that bad. But we are at different points, so I can see where the TV muphy is not as useful in the future, but I am sure there are some who would rather have a more comfortable couch than a fold out, can't please everyone.

However, DVC made the decision when replacing the pull out sofa in the one bedroom and larger rooms at SSR to replace the chest of drawers/TV stand in the living room with a murphy bed. There's ABSOLUTELY no place to put your clothes if you're sleeping in the living room. Nor is there anyway to store your suitcase to live out of it. BAD decision on the part of whomever made it. Really bad decision.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Closets won't be an issue, though, as the one bedroom and larger rooms have a good sized closet in the entry way.
The floor plans don’t show one, and none of the walk throughs of the refurbed rooms showed a closet. Even you said there wasn’t one! 😉

LAKid53

Premium Member
The closets are in the master suite though. We book 1 beds so our adult kids sleep in the living room. I don’t want them coming into our room to get their clothes. The whole point of DVC was to have privacy. Otherwise we might as well be in one room.

No, @nickys is clearly talking about a 1 bedroom at SSR, not a studio. There is a dresser in the studio. There isn't anything in the living room now for the 1 bedrooms and larger. I've stayed in both since the renovations. Most recent in May of this year.

Don't get me wrong, the queen wall murphy bed is a vast improvement over the uncomfortable pull out sofa.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The floor plans don’t show one, and none of the walk throughs of the refurbed rooms showed a closet. Even you said there wasn’t one! 😉

I'm talking about Boulder Ridge, not SSR. It would be foolish - brain dead even - if DVC took THAT out during the BRV renovations.

Club Cooloholic

No, @nickys is clearly talking about a 1 bedroom at SSR, not a studio. There is a dresser in the studio. There isn't anything in the living room now for the 1 bedrooms and larger. I've stayed in both since the renovations. Most recent in May of this year.

Don't get me wrong, the queen wall murphy bed is a vast improvement over the uncomfortable pull out sofa.
I said the whole point of buying DVC was to have privacy, otherwise we might as well be in one room. So we wouldn’t have bought DVC, we would just have booked a hotel room.
Come on man. To say the privacy level I'm a one bedroom is so bad you kght as well all be in one hotel room is a total exaggeration. Please try it and report back how it's totally similar.

Club Cooloholic

Let me say one more thing. We never stayed more than a week, and I realize some from the UK and others really stay a long time so maybe storage is more of a concern. I have found I pack less and less since joined DVC because we do laundry every few days. I can fit suitcases under the beds in the refurb rooms, dunno it's not a major issue. And am I nuts or do you have to go to through the bathroom, not the bedroom according to thus layout, to get to the closet? Which means it should not be an issue of privacy

LAKid53

Premium Member
Come on man. To say the privacy level I'm a one bedroom is so bad you kght as well all be in one hotel room is a total exaggeration. Please try it and report back how it's totally similar.

Some travel with their ADULT children and thus want privacy for both themselves and their adult kids. Stop being so dismissive about how others travel and what privacy level makes them comfortable.

Club Cooloholic

Some travel with their ADULT children and thus want privacy for both themselves and their adult kids. Stop being so dismissive about how others travel and what privacy level makes them comfortable.
I havent been dismissive at all. I simply saying that calling a one bedroom is equal to a hotel room in terms of privacy is an exaggeration.

LAKid53

Premium Member
To heck with closets, I need drawers. I'm dreading the prospect of unpacking on my first Poly DVC stay in a few months.

You get 2 under the bed drawers in the studio. Not exactly convenient. However, the vanities in both bathrooms have small drawers.

What IS it with dresser space and DVC these days? There was room to put a small dresser in the Poly studio.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
If guests need to come into my bedroom then my privacy is absolutely being compromised. I do not expect house guests or my children to come into my bedroom.

That is why we bought DVC. So the kids do not have to come into our bedroom. Whether aged 10 or 30.

You started off agreeing that the arrangement might conflict with the home from home idea. Now you’re just being argumentative. I’m giving my reasons, which you’re dissing.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
I havent been dismissive at all. I simply saying that calling a one bedroom is equal to a hotel room in terms of privacy is an exaggeration.

No, you've repeatedly questioned a member's need for privacy when their visit includes their two grown children. Rather dismissively. People don't all travel the same.

CaptainAmerica

What IS it with dresser space and DVC these days? There was room to put a small dresser in the Poly studio.
This goes back to my age-old mantra, "DVC members are cheap." Everyone is stingy with points but dangit they're going to cram 5 people into every Studio and 1-bedroom there is. So sleeping surfaces take priority over storage.

If guests need to come into my bedroom then my privacy is absolutely being compromised. When on vacation I like to relax. And do fun things. With DH. At any time of the day we might feel like it.
I don't think even a VGF Grand Villa provides enough privacy for my wife and I to have seggsy time on family vacation. You must be very quiet.

That is why we bought DVC. So the kids do not have to come into our bedroom. Whether aged 10 or 30.
I feel pretty strongly that grown-(butt) people shouldn't be sleeping on pull-out furniture.

LAKid53

Premium Member
If guests need to come into my bedroom then my privacy is absolutely being compromised. When on vacation I like to relax. And do fun things. With DH. At any time of the day we might feel like it.

You started off agreeing that the arrangement might conflict with the home from home idea. Now you’re just being argumentative. I’m giving my reasons, which you’re dissing.

The closet in the master bedroom in a BRV is IN the master bedroom and is accessable only BY entering the master bedroom. The closet in the master bedroom in SSR is off the bathroom with the tub, so it is accessable from either the master bedroom or the half bath.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
This goes back to my age-old mantra, "DVC members are cheap." Everyone is stingy with points but dangit they're going to cram 5 people into every Studio and 1-bedroom there is. So sleeping surfaces take priority over storage.

I don't think even a VGF Grand Villa provides enough privacy for my wife and I to have seggsy time on family vacation. You must be very quiet.

I feel pretty strongly that grown-(butt) people shouldn't be sleeping on pull-out furniture.
Agreed.
Ha!
If I’m paying, my kids happily sleep on the pull out sofas or sleeper chairs. Or on an air bed if there is no sleeper chair. The Murphy wall beds will be a step forwards though, for sure.

Club Cooloholic

No, you've repeatedly questioned a member's need for privacy when their visit includes their two grown children. Rather dismissively. People don't all travel the same.
Even the guy you have mentioned has said your not reading all this clearly. Try to follow the thread. I have said people have different needs. Did he not say he might as well be in one room? Answe that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom