Trip Report ***BOOM, DONE***No, Its not Déjà vu. It’s just that time of year again…the 20th surf ’n turf part deux. And we’re live now!

You were with us for the 16th, 17th, the epic bungalow 18th, the 19th, and the 20/40 so why not...do it again.

I went back and forth on covering this one, TR fatigue has been biting me in the butt lately. I figured, though, that with the amount of new things we are considering for this trip it may be worthwhile to give it another go. With that, lets get the formalities out of the way for the newbs:

Who: @imahistorygeek and myself
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_411483977463.JPG

What: Surf 'n turfing a 4-night Disney Dream
When: Oct. 20 -27
Where: AKL, Dream, AKL
Why: Well, going to the bubble in the Fall for our anniversary has kinda grown on us. We will be at sea for our actual 20th!

As I alluded to we had some decisions to make for this trip like:
Drive or Fly
Palo or Remy
MNSSHP or Jiko
Get off at Nassau or Stay on the boat?
Homecomin' or Homecomin'

Watching The Muppets Movie now as I write this... can you really watch this without singing!?!? A filet of fish, hey!

Mas details to follow, like how many have signed up for the beer exchange!

Last edited:

cfry06

Based on the internets, which never lies, it looks like #tonyfromspain will be our club host! If you read our previous 20/40 TR, you'll see that #tonyfromspain was amazing. I'm hoping the internet is telling the truth.
He was on the Dream over Labor Day Weekend - and indicated he had just started a “stretch” there! He said he should be on when we are back in Nov, so you should have him. He was great as always!

Have you guys tried the Silent DJ? If not, check it out! We weren’t sure about it, but had an absolute blast!!

@lostpro9het I bet you were going crazy last night! Kimbrell tried his best to let the evil empire win! I thought Sanchez's sac fly was a game ending home run off his bat! Bring on the Astros!! (Sorry for the baseball talk in your PreTrip report!)

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Have you guys tried the Silent DJ? If not, check it out! We weren’t sure about it, but had an absolute blast!!
We actually talked about this yesterday and thought it would be a good idea to try it.

@lostpro9het I bet you were going crazy last night! Kimbrell tried his best to let the evil empire win! I thought Sanchez's sac fly was a game ending home run off his bat! Bring on the Astros!! (Sorry for the baseball talk in your PreTrip report!)
Kimbrell...not a fan. How about Sale coming in and helping on short rest too!

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
#GoStros

I have a personal, deep dislike of the RedSox, and it does not stem from liking the Yankees. Plus, our new Minor League team is a Houston affiliate.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
#GoStros

I have a personal, deep dislike of the RedSox, and it does not stem from liking the Yankees. Plus, our new Minor League team is a Houston affiliate.
That's ok, we all have irrational dislikes for some things. My list includes:
The Yankees
The word breadth
The Browns
Saying the word mature as maTOUR
Most animals that aren't cats
The Yankees.

I was honestly looking forward to a BOS/NY ALCS but these dang Houstonites pulled out 3 extra wins.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

The Yankees
The word breadth
The Browns
Animals that aren't cats
The Yankees.

I was honestly looking forward to a BOS/NY ALCS but these dang Houstonites pulled out 3 extra wins.
:hilarious: Ok, this is just funny. And I have to say, I've never used the word breadth. Actually I forget it even existed. :bored:

Shane7694

The Yankees
The word breadth
The Browns
Most animals that aren't cats
The Yankees.

The only way that could’ve happened this year was if the Astros were the number 1 seed. The top team always plays the wildcard winner...

Zipadeelady

Baseball is one of the few sports of which I know some rules and I knew as soon as I heard the sound it was a home run. I'm not a fan of sports, but it was an exciting inning.
Baseball is the only game I can watch and not zone out. I used to know so many players but lately it seems like I don't recognize anyone. J and used to love going to all the different ballparks all around the midwest but haven't done that in a while either. J will forever be a RedSox fan though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom