Boma with Children?

jandcprince

Original Poster
We are going to be in Disney soon and wanted to eat at Boma. We have 2 kids, 10 and 8 and wondered if they would enjoy the experience.

My wife and myself went to Boma a couple of years back for our Wedding Anniversary (loved it) and we had booked it this past May to go with our daughters who are 9 and nearly 3. We ended up making the decision not to go as we thought it might be a waste as we didn't feel they would eat the food (although it is really good). The atmosphere is really nice however and I cannot fault Boma itself. :wave:

HouCuseChickie

We took our 2 yr old and 4 yr old back in December. It was the kids' first non-character meal, so when they heard drumming, they thought maybe some characters would be coming out. Beyond that disappointment, the kids seemed to enjoy it. DD2 really liked the food- kept telling us it was "alicious." :D

CAPTAIN HOOK

As long as your kids aren't expecting characters and will eat the food, then there's no reason why they won't enjoy a "proper" restaurant

flavious27

Their should be a sticky for these threads.

Boma can be hit or miss with adults, it was for me and my friend dom because of the differences with the menus. Boma for kids has about the same batting avg as cole hamels. There can be some stuff on there they might eat, but really you are spending $20 a head for them to eat nuggets and dessert.

hmmemom

All 4 of my kids loved Boma. They are really picky in general, but are always a little more adventurous at Disney. And since the buffet offers traditional kid food too, I say go for it. They list it among their favorites.

Heather

CaptainShortty

We are going to be in Disney soon and wanted to eat at Boma. We have 2 kids, 10 and 8 and wondered if they would enjoy the experience.

It really depends on how good of an eater your kids are. If they enjoy trying new foods and things they may not be used to then they'll love the experience of eating there. If you are interested in trying it and they're not the adventurous eater they do have "kid friendly' food like mac and cheese. As far as the atmosphere, it's perfect for an 8 and 10 year old. They'll love it in that respect. I'm a BIG fan of Boma and think it's definitely worth it.

WDWmazprty

My daughters, 7 and 3 at the time, ate fine when we went. I believe they do have regular kids choices like chicken nuggets, etc. Look at the menu and see what your kids might like. As long as there's 'kids' food along with the exotic African choices, everyone should eat fine. =)

disney magic 06

There were A LOT of children there when we went,and they mostly seemed to be eating pretty well to me, either from the childrens selection or the main buffet. Plus they'll probably enjoy seeing the animals on the savannah around the lodge. I'd say go for it, and have a great time if you do!

echovictor

Picky kids do well at buffets. Start them off with only few bites of each food and let them decide what they like.

This.
We took our 5 year old with us. We all loved it. She ate lots of salmon, fruit, chicken nuggets (sigh) and some of the pasta dishes. But her favorite was the selection of desserts!

tigsmom

Have to say that my kids loved it as well and they can be VERY picky eaters.
Look over the menu and you will see that a lot of "normal" food is served, it just has African names.

My kids loved the fresh fruit, BBQ'd ribs, Durban Chicken and a host of other things. There is a chef at each station who will tell you what every dish consists of if you have any questions. And they do have things like Mac'n cheese, spaghetti and chicken tenders on the regular kids section.

disneygirl1

I may have missed this but are you eating here for breakfast or dinner???

Can't comment of the dinner, but we ate breakfast here during our stay the AKL this past december and Boma is by far the BEST breakfast buffet I have eaten at in Disney.

meganw1985

We took my son in September. He had just turned 8. He loved it! He is a pretty adventurous eater too, though. The carrot ginger soup is AMAZING. He liked it the best. And the desserts are fabulous. Everything is like mini, individual desserts. Zebra domes = AWESOMENESS!!! Most everything looks pretty normal, like what we would eat here, it is just prepared differently. Lots of meats, veggies, etc.

slappy magoo

Even if absolutely every single item on the adult buffet pods leave your chlldren cold, their kids' buffet table is comparable to kids' buffet tables at most WDW eateries. There will be stuff like chicken tenders & spaghetti. Mac and cheese, various breads. If the rotisserie chicken they serve is too spicy, removing the skin removes a lot of the zing. The steak you really can't tame down, but if your kids like beef, I can't imagine this being an issue. There will be soups and salads. And of course desserts. Even if they only wind up liking the chicken tenders and pasta, the only thing that'll stink about it, is what you paid for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom