BOG FP+ Now "Open" To All Onsite Guests?!!? WDWMagic says yes, but Disney says no.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...bout-fastpass-for-be-our-guest-restaurant.htm

This article says that, "All guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can now make an advanced reservation for quick service lunch at 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' in the Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland."

I can't make a BOG FP+ for lunch and I'm an onsite guest -- I just tried at 34 days out and the website won't "let" me make one. I just called WDW to confirm and according to them, access to BOG FP+ is still completely random and is offered to pre-selected onsite guests by invitation only: it is not being offered to all onsite guests.

Is this some kind of April Fools' joke by WDWMagic, or was the CM I talked to misinformed?

Last edited:

Ember

I tried again today and no luck. If it's an April Fool's joke then it's a really cruel one because I have been waiting to get a FP for it :(

DizneyPryncess

I had been trying for awhile too for late April/early May. We made ADR's for dinner, and decided to bail on lunch entirely so I gave up. But I just tried now to see what would happen, and nothing.

oliviosis

There's a work around. To get the reservation number they need for that link, go to My Disney Experience, then click on My Reservations and Tickets and hover over (but do not click on) "check in online" next to your hotel reservation. On the bottom left of your screen, you'll see a box, the end 12 numbers are the numbers you have to enter. See if that works!

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I was able to get a FP+ for BOG today by following the WDWMagic instructions linked by @Weather_Lady, but I'm arriving next week. Will try now with my May reservation and see what happens...

Edit: Apparently, one can only hold one FP+ for BOG at a time. Even though I input my May reservation number when I logged on the second time, my only choice is to modify or cancel the existing April FP+

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
There's a work around. To get the reservation number they need for that link, go to My Disney Experience, then click on My Reservations and Tickets and hover over (but do not click on) "check in online" next to your hotel reservation. On the bottle left of your screen, you'll see a box, the end 12 numbers are the numbers you have to enter. See if that works!

I have no problem with the numbers. I can log in to the BOG FP+ site with no problem, and it proceeds to ask me to select a date and confirm my party members. But when I get to the last step, I'm told there are "no fastpasses available" and to select another date. I've been trying every date -- every day -- sometimes multiple times per day-- for the past month -- and no fastpasses have ever been shown as available for any day of my trip.

Last edited:

UncleMike101

I tried too.
It let me get as far as picking a date, then said there were no openings.
I tried every day of our trip, but no luck.:(
Also I could only select my Wife and I for a reservation and not the others in our party.
I called WDW Dining and was told that the FP+ BOG reservations were still by invitation only.
When I told her that I'd gotten as far as picking a date she was surprised.
Apparently Disney Dining isn't aware that anyone with a valid Magic Band Confirmation number can access the FP+ BOG reservation site.

oliviosis

Hmm, I don't get that. I had to cancel a few days ago and then I went in the next day and rescheduled it (our trip shifted by a day) with no issues. That was about 30 days out (we leave 4/25).

I go at the end of June, the first week of my trip is highlighted in the calendar that pops up but it is telling me there is no availability. So want to get a fast pass for this

Ember

I can't make a BOG FP+ for lunch and I'm an onsite guest -- I just tried at 34 days out and the website won't "let" me make one. I just called WDW to confirm and according to them, access to BOG FP+ is still completely random and is offered to pre-selected onsite guests by invitation only: it is not being offered to all onsite guests.

Have you received your magic bands yet? I had read somewhere on here that the "opening" seems to be occurring when your magic bands ship. Mine don't ship for another two weeks so I can't test out that theory yet.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Have you received your magic bands yet? I had read somewhere on here that the "opening" seems to be occurring when your magic bands ship. Mine don't ship for another two weeks so I can't test out that theory yet.

No - mine are due to ship April 4th (I assume - I have to "customize by April 3rd"), so I guess we'll know soon enough. :)

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
What is direct to table option?

It allows you to pre-order your entire meal from the lunch menu, essentially meaning you can go directly to your table and wait for the food to arrive.
The other options, "expedited arrival," means you bypass the standby line, but you still have to place your meal order when you arrive, before going to a table.

JoeT63

It doesn't recognize my reservation number. Everything else involving MDE seems to be working fine though. I'm at 39 days, if that makes a difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom