Body Wars reopening on official Disney site?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, Disney website has it posted for a week or two now, so it's obviously not an oversight of a completely incompetent internet department..

Body Wars and Cranium Command will be open starting February 1st! Yay!!

Who's gonna go? Should we have a meet? We can all ride together :)

epcotfan

Really? Wow. I wish they'd keep that pavillion open all the time - even if they don't have food services or a store now. I love Cranium Command. It was a great place to get out of the heat.

Captain Hank

Uh, I doubt it. Wonders of Life and its associated attractions aren't even on The Hub's list of current Epcot attractions (and there's even a seperate notation for seasonal attractions...no dice).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Uh, I doubt it. Wonders of Life and its associated attractions aren't even on The Hub's list of current Epcot attractions (and there's even a seperate notation for seasonal attractions...no dice).

But the Disney World website says they're not going to be closed, so they must be open! Body Wars is even recommended for "Mild but Wild" thrills!

SirGoofy

I doubt it, but if they are planning on opening it, they better get on it. That place is empty, and is no where near to show-ready.

Captain Hank

I just tracked down the operational calendar for Body Wars and Cranium Command. They will not be open at any time during February, nor are they currently scheduled to be open at any time after that.

Captain Hank

You know full well how buggy the WDW website is. I agree that it's misleading and needs to be changed. However, that's no reason to create an intentionally misleading thread.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
You know full well how buggy the WDW website is. I agree that it's misleading and needs to be changed. However, that's no reason to create an intentionally misleading thread.

Maybe getting the information right should be the job of Disney, not yours and mine :)

Figment25

I hope merf is right, we will be down there on Feb 1 and I miss Body Wars and ashamed to say have never experienced Cranium Command, so I hope it is open, I will keep my fingers crossed:shrug:

CTXRover

I'm sure it IS an oversight. WOL likely should not be on WDW's website anymore. It's not even listed on the park maps anymore. The pavilion has essentially been gutted. While Body Wars' simulators may still be there, it is mainly set up for special events now. If it wasn't open over the incredibly busy Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays, there is no reason why it would reopen in February.

Mousemerf, I'm sure you know in your gut that its an oversight given the sarcastic wording of your first post. While I don't know what agenda you have, I do think the way you titled the thread was a bit immature, especially when considering the "insider knowledge" you have claimed to have about Epcot in the past. If I turn out to be wrong, please accept my apology now.

CaptainMichael

Seriously? The big, bad, evil SSE refurb is destroying WDW and WDI, but you're excited about an attraction opening that will most likely be barely show ready if at all...

WoL should never reopen until the pavillion is redone or replaced.

JWG

I think the lack of saying it's closed simply means they've removed it from their list of active attractions.Unless I see something official that says "will be open" I'm assuming it's finally just assumed "gone".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom