Body Wars back on disneyworld.com

MKCP 1985

CThaddeus said:
To quote an overplayed Mervyn's ad from a few years back, "Open, open, open, open!"
If only Wonders of Life had been two weeks ago when I was there. I'd have been a happy, happy Disney camper.

:lol: :lol: I remember that Mervyn's ad. Shortly after it ran, all the Mervyn's stores in my town closed. :lol: :lol:

brisem

here's my response from wdw online communications:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

To the moment the information we have is that The Wonders of Life pavilion in Epcot is now operated
on a seasonal basis. The attractions in the Pavilion, Body Wars, Cranium Command and the Making of
Me will be available during periods of anticipated peak attendance.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all
correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Maria Rine
WDW Online Communications

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Numbers have to be up all around to justify the cost of opening it back up...

Maybe something is going to close? I do suspect that if they plan any major "re-opening" for Epcot's 25th in 2007.

You pretty much need to have atleast a 20min at everything to justify having it open. Soarin' has no worries, but Test Track can fluctuate, as can M:S.

If M:S and SSE start to hold a line through the day, then we can look forward to them reopening Wonders.

Testtrack321

As a web site guy, I can say that sometimes by accident old parts of sites get uploaded by accident. And remember, Disney's site is not reliable at all, you get better news on here and other sites, which says that BW & WoL is gone for good.

jmvd20

Personally I don't even think WDW knows what's going on with WoL. When I was at Epcot last week a CM told me that the ride had definitely been scavaged for parts and numerous items from the pavillion were removed. Based upon that he said they would not be re-opening it, at least in it's original state.

However the next day a CM at UoE said that there was talk of re-opening it :veryconfu All of this is secondhand info and I really don't know if the CM's were just spreading rumors or speaking from facts. The CM that said the ride, or at least parts of it had been removed claimed that he saw it personally. At this point only time will tell what is true and what is rumor.

kaos

who cares? this pavillion sucks anyways. It needed an update before it even opened. WDI really screwed the pooch with this one (right Snoopy??)

CThaddeus

kaos said:
who cares? this pavillion sucks anyways. It needed an update before it even opened. WDI really screwed the pooch with this one (right Snoopy??)

Some of us actually do care, or else there wouldn't be threads like this out here. Wonders of Life is one of the last great pavilions still "in existence." I wasn't a great fan of Body Wars, but Cranium Command, The Making of Me, and the background music played in the pavilion made it one I spent quite a bit of time in during my 2002, 2000, and 1996 trips. As I wrote in a previous post, I wish it had been open a few weeks ago. I would have made sure to take lots of pictures and video, as I know Disney can't be trusted when it comes to keeping their best stuff open. Could the pavilion have used a more 2010 look? Sure. But that could have been done with some paint, decorations, and TLC. Relegating it to a "maybe we'll open it if the Park is full of people" status is really the "bad show."

kaos

CThaddeus said:
Some of us actually do care, or else there wouldn't be threads like this out here. Wonders of Life is one of the last great pavilions still "in existence." I wasn't a great fan of Body Wars, but Cranium Command, The Making of Me, and the background music played in the pavilion made it one I spent quite a bit of time in during my 2002, 2000, and 1996 trips. As I wrote in a previous post, I wish it had been open a few weeks ago. I would have made sure to take lots of pictures and video, as I know Disney can't be trusted when it comes to keeping their best stuff open. Could the pavilion have used a more 2010 look? Sure. But that could have been done with some paint, decorations, and TLC. Relegating it to a "maybe we'll open it if the Park is full of people" status is really the "bad show."

Disney didn't put any more money into it because it sucked.

kaos

CThaddeus said:
Some of us actually do care, or else there wouldn't be threads like this out here. Wonders of Life is one of the last great pavilions still "in existence."
There are too many of these WOL threads out here... Do a search and post to that thread before starting a complete new one... and as for the WDW website.. being a site adminstrator myself, sometimes you have to load in an older version when a change that you made doesn't interact well or the way that you intended it too.. That's probably why it is "back" on the website.

kaos

brisem said:
You're entitle to your opinion. Alot of people like it.

I believe the word you're looking for is "entitled"... and "Alot" is two words (i.e a lot)

And I believe that I speak for the majority when I say this with the following logic:

Had this been a popular and well attended pavilion, it would've received the proper funding and attention from TWDC. Since it was not a heavily attended pavilion, a decision was made to close and possibly replace the pavilion.

An atrocity was the closure of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. That was an immensely popular attraction (as evidenced by wait times found in the hours). Body Wars, this pavilions primary attraction, had a regular wait time of 5 minutes. Hence, TWDC will probably look to replace it with a more attended type of attraction. This way, TWDC can warrant a higher ticket price.

brisem

kaos said:
I believe the word you're looking for is "entitled"... and "Alot" is two words (i.e a lot).

Thank you for the grammar lesson.

It seems you have all the answers, where are you getting your information?

And by the way--I believe the word you were trying to spell was And not Ans as you did.

DizWhizKid

I was in Wonders of Life on New Years Eve last year, the busiest day in Epcot history. All I can say is that it makes stupid business sense to reopen it for any reason. There were many times on that day when the number of CMs in the building outnumbered the amount of Guests, and even one long stretch when there was nobody in the building at all (granted, the fireworks were going on, but every other attraction, from what I heard, still had a substantial line). Theoretically it would increase the park's capacity, but in reality, virtually all guests just don't want to go in there.

mayoki

It didn't help you had to go on a safari to find it, to me it had "afterthought" written all over it. I liked it, but I don't think it had sustainability for repeat visits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom