Body Glide?

eel_pharm_06

i've heard of this product called body glide... it suposed to be a good thing to put on if your walking long distances, and i'm going to WDW so of course i'm going to be walking. my question is; is it any good? or has anyone heard of it? i would love some feed back on the product. thanks!!!

Edy

SteveUK

Interesting thread. I have used something sounding similar, but not in the parks! Any further info on this would be great as anything that makes walking distances easier in the heat is good news to me.

Upvote 0

nicholas

I'm running the Disneyland Half Marathon in Sept and would be dead without BodyGlide, lol. It's a gift from heaven. :lol:

Basically, it helps stop chaffing.

Upvote 0

eel_pharm_06

Original Poster
http://www.bodyglide.com/

thats where i found it.
it suposed to stop the soreness of skin rubbing together, for long walks or for running. i've heard of it but never tired it, thus why the original thread.
i just wonder if any of you guys ever used it, and if you have were there any good results? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

Sunny04

I used this in March when we went. I read about in on disboards.com and everyone there raved about it. Seems that runners use it alot. I mostly wore flip-flops, so it didn't do much but make by shoes slippery. :) But it worked GREAT when I wore socks and tennis shoes. Something else that was wonderful was a spray called Kool-N-Fit. You spray it on your sore muscles and aches. It's basically a pain reliever in spray form - and it works in seconds. Really helps at the end of a day of walking. Using both of those things helped make my legs and feet LESS sore and achy by the end of the trip than they were at the beginning.

Upvote 0

PineapplePrincess

body glide

I used it on our trip in April. I put it on the tops of my feet so my crocs wouldn't rub. It worked great, the only bad thing is that dirt tends to stick to it. :p

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

I know this is an old thread, but there's no need to create a new one. For those that use Body Glide, how long does it usually last? I am using it now in my pre-trip walking and have had no blister problems at all, but I was wondering if it lasts pretty well in the parks.

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

I use it when running longer distances - could not have finished the marathon without it (with any level of comfort)

Well I found out about this product earlier this year and it sounds like it would be perfect for me. While it's not nearly as intense as long distance running, I do walk a lot more in the parks than the average guest. And I've always had a problem with blisters and chafing (after water rides in particular) and I hope this will help a lot.

Good to hear another positive report.

Upvote 0

speck76

if you wear shoes (I always wear Born sandels in the summer due to the heat and living in Orlando) I recommend a technical fabric sock (like Nike Dri-Fit). Cotton is the enemy when you are sweating, it will hurt you - technical fabrics are much better.

Upvote 0

ROTM

I recommend a technical fabric sock (like Nike Dri-Fit). Cotton is the enemy when you are sweating, it will hurt you - technical fabrics are much better.

The top two socks i like are Nike Dri-Fit and Adidas Climacool socks. STAY AWAY from UNDER ARMOUR SOCKS ! They make your feet sweat like no tomorrow. :mad: Body glide should last you all day in the parks. They make a small version for $5 you can keep in your pocket if you need it.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

The top two socks i like are Nike Dri-Fit and Adidas Climacool socks. STAY AWAY from UNDER ARMOUR SOCKS ! They make your feet sweat like no tomorrow. :mad: Body glide should last you all day in the parks. They make a small version for $5 you can keep in your pocket if you need it.

Ultimax socks. http://www.wigwam.com/Products/ProdImg.nsf/DPG?openAgent&Keyword&Ultimax

I wear them hiking and swear by them. I don't know if you are going to find them in any sort of "fashion" style you like though. I use the hiker models, the Ironman look like "normal" socks but I have never used them

Walking around WDW never bothered me (no blisters, sore legs, etc), so I just wear normal socks (cotton / poly) and cross trainers. Hiking on the other hand is when the technical gear comes out.

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

I thought I would come back and report that I am a complete Body Glide convert. After 10 days in the parks, I came back home without one single foot blister and absolutely no thigh chaffing aftering being soaked on Kali River Rapids. This stuff works and I won't go back to the WDW without it again, as long as they are still in business of course :)

Upvote 0

yankspy

I thought I would come back and report that I am a complete Body Glide convert. After 10 days in the parks, I came back home without one single foot blister and absolutely no thigh chaffing aftering being soaked on Kali River Rapids. This stuff works and I won't go back to the WDW without it again, as long as they are still in business of course :)
My wife introduced this stuff to me. She is a marathon runner and many of them use it. I never go to WDW without it. It works great.

Upvote 0

Tramp

I hate dragging up older threads but this is worth it. During many of our Disney visits, we invariably got painful blisters which slowed us down quite a bit. But, we've used 'bodyglide' for the last several years and not a single blister, and we walk several miles a day over a three week visit.

We found it in a local sports store. Just rub it all over and in-between your toes and it works great. It eliminates friction between your toes which causes the blisters. We wear socks and sneakers so I don't know how well it works with sandals or flip flops.

Put BODYGLIDE on your list when packing. This product definitely lives up to it's claims and along with my American Express Card, I wouldn't leave home without it. :wave:

Upvote 0

Beccone

I found out about Bodyglide a few months ago when I started prepping for my trip that's in 2 weeks. I quickly ordered 2 sticks off of Amazon, at $15 a stick I really hoped it would be our saving grace while at the parks. My oldest son used it during his last baseball tournament of the season and it worked great. I am hoping it does the same for us, my one question for those that have used it is where on your feet do you put it? I will be wearing my Croc sandals for the most part, my husband and oldest in sneakers and my youngest 3 will probably be in their Crocs as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom