News Bob Iger talks about attendance declines, ticket pricing, the feud with Ron DeSantis, and his huge optimism for Disney Parks and Resorts

Chef Mickey

Can someone explain why Disney + has limited the content? When originally introduced it was supposed to contain all Disney content, yet none of the early Disney shows are available (think the "Wonderful World of Color") . Also, 20th Century Fox has films going back to the 1930's, literally hundreds of films. Only a very few of the more current are available. I am not a tech person, but is there a limit to content that can be loaded to Disney +? If not, why not offer the whole content? There is more content that they have than one person could watch in a lifetime.
They can do whatever they want. They are just terrible at managing it.

TrainsOfDisney

At this point I feel you are just trolling. You're laying it on too thick. There is an art to trolling.
Agreed. Although there were several “experts” on here that seemed to dance in victory when the passes were eliminated and claimed that annual passes would NEVER return and that park reservations would ALWAYS be required.

I don’t bring my own food in, but I pretty much always eat quick service and often will grab earl of sandwich at downtown Disney when park hopping. So am I one of the good guys or one of the bad? Haha.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hopefully the go to option won't be to reinstate perks for free loading locals - allowing them to come to the parks all year long and contribute year long crowds, and mass dissatisfaction for high paying tourists.

Excuse me but we locals buy APs, event tickets, tour tickets, food & beverage and merchandise. And when things to to Hades, WE'RE the one going to the parks because you tourists can't.

And as we are locals, we get to go several times a week.

Figgy1

Excuse me but we locals buy APs, event tickets, tour tickets, food & beverage and merchandise. And when things to to Hades, WE'RE the one going to the parks because you tourists can't.

Don't you also pay outrageous fees for run Disney and parties?

Splash4eva

Serious question and not directed at you in any bad way… do you get bored going that often?

TrainsOfDisney

Serious question and not directed at you in any bad way… do you get bored going that often?
While never a true local, I’ve been a frequent visitor on both coasts and it’s a different vibe but frequent visits never make me bored. You get to sit back and enjoy more of the live entertainment and notice the little details like the landscaping.

Transportation attractions like the peoplemover, omnibus, riverboat become much more enjoyable too .

Lilofan

Anyone who comes to Disney world is paying high prices. Just because one comes from Europe doesn't make them any better than the locals who support Disney .

Splash4eva

Anyone who comes to Disney world is paying high prices. Just because one comes from Europe doesn't make them any better than the locals who support Disney .
Define “better”. Disney or for that matter any business would prefer a guest spending excess money in the parks vs someone who is not…. Yes locals are great for “attendance” numbers but when it comes to sheet profits/net revenue some guests sadly are “more valuable” hence “better” for these companies. With that being said. Im not saying all locals dont spend. I know plenty of AP in Florida who do parks differently. Some literally just go to enjoy their day and basically spend nothing and enjoy some rides. Other will pay the genie money and spend even more on over priced drinks. All have 1 thing in common tho. Noone is buying souvenirs

Lilofan

Define “better”. Disney or for that matter any business would prefer a guest spending excess money in the parks vs someone who is not…. Yes locals are great for “attendance” numbers but when it comes to sheet profits/net revenue some guests sadly are “more valuable” hence “better” for these companies. With that being said. Im not saying all locals dont spend. I know plenty of AP in Florida who do parks differently. Some literally just go to enjoy their day and basically spend nothing and enjoy some rides. Other will pay the genie money and spend even more on over priced drinks. All have 1 thing in common tho. Noone is buying souvenirs
I don't like the fact that one puts down locals that frequent the parks and thinks they are better than the locals.

Last edited:

Splash4eva

I don't like the fact that one puts down locals that frequent the parks and thinks they are better.
Im not putting down locals at all… i think i know the post you are referring to but harsh business reality is this. Having people walk through the gates without spending any money is not good for business. Yes they are paying an AP fee & yes generating income for the company but at what cost?

LSLS

Im not putting down locals at all… i think i know the post you are referring to but harsh business reality is this. Having people walk through the gates without spending any money is not good for business. Yes they are paying an AP fee & yes generating income for the company but at what cost?

The fact is, we don't have the AP data. I'd bet it's not at a cost to Disney at all. We need to know how many times people use their passes, how many times they go the whole day and try to ride all the rides, etc. Unless the parks hit capacity, APs aren't impacting a normal guest outside of wait times, and we need a lot more data to know how much of an issue even that is. I know when I had them back in the day, I lived in St. Pete, so it was much more about taking a few trips for the parks, and then the rest of the time random day trips (maybe I'm going to HoB for a concert, so I head to Epcot to eat some Fish and Chips beforehand, etc.).

Splash4eva

The fact is, we don't have the AP data. I'd bet it's not at a cost to Disney at all. We need to know how many times people use their passes, how many times they go the whole day and try to ride all the rides, etc. Unless the parks hit capacity, APs aren't impacting a normal guest outside of wait times, and we need a lot more data to know how much of an issue even that is. I know when I had them back in the day, I lived in St. Pete, so it was much more about taking a few trips for the parks, and then the rest of the time random day trips (maybe I'm going to HoB for a concert, so I head to Epcot to eat some Fish and Chips beforehand, etc.).
"outside of wait times" that is the biggest factor to i would say almost every person who is on vacation there so its something we cant just ignore... fact remains tho whether or not we have the date its safe to say someone like myself traveling from NY is going to be spending more than a local who is going there on semi regular or even say monthly basis

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom