News Bob Iger talks about attendance declines, ticket pricing, the feud with Ron DeSantis, and his huge optimism for Disney Parks and Resorts

MR.Dis

The issue is more likely due to payment of residuals for all those movies and shows not being on rather than any sort of technological limitations.
So they basically lied to the public about what they were going to put on Disney +? The residuals would make sense on the recent movies, but the Fox movies from the 30's. 40's. 50's. 60's, 70's, 80s and all the original Disney shows should not be an issue since just about all the original actors, directors, writers, etc have long since left us.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can someone explain why Disney + has limited the content? When originally introduced it was supposed to contain all Disney content, yet none of the early Disney shows are available (think the "Wonderful World of Color") . Also, 20th Century Fox has films going back to the 1930's, literally hundreds of films. Only a very few of the more current are available. I am not a tech person, but is there a limit to content that can be loaded to Disney +? If not, why not offer the whole content? There is more content that they have than one person could watch in a lifetime.
Disney is currently dumping a bunch of old animated and restored shorts now and over the next two months.

What hasn't arrived yet... I don't know why not. Perhaps needed to be screened for inappropriate content, or restored, or digitized, or purposefully strung out over time so that something 'new' keeps showing up.

A lot of the Fox films would wind up on Hulu in in the U.S. for now.

See here:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No its people retweeting Bloombergs article which is speculative based on CNBC interview. essentially he marked the TV networks as non-core to TWDC. So it does echo the sentiments provided previously with two much general entertainment being produced for ABC, Freeform, FX, FXX Disney+/Star and Hulu. Then you have their investment in A+E network and A+E EMEA network as well.

Its sensationalism at its worst ... but at the same time its time to stem the bleeding of the corpse of TV.

Indeed...

Lilofan

Personally i believe the prices should be raised. Furthermore ban guests bringing in foods and drinks - that would single handedly put an end to locals bringing in huge picnics to pollute the park with their free loading antics.
Those guests could be in the category - The Millionaire Next Door. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Indy_UK

I don't think Bob himself has a clue what he's doing.

Just because they are pumping so much money and content into Disney+ they are losing revenue generated from linear TV and advertisement. Because that's revenue dropped he's now panicking and saying that it probably isn't important to their business going forward, and teasing a sell off.

They need to calm down, focus on Linear TV advertisement, The box office releases and push the release off all that same content further down the line for its Disney+ releases. Unless you spike the monthly cost of Disney+ I don't see subscribers would mind that much?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just because they are pumping so much money and content into Disney+ they are losing revenue generated from linear TV and advertisement. Because that's revenue dropped he's now panicking and saying that it probably isn't important to their business going forward, and teasing a sell off.
Take off the tim hat man… you can look at advertising as a whole (and not just disney) and see this trend. This isn’t a iger fabrication

JoeCamel

I don't think Bob himself has a clue what he's doing.

They need to calm down, focus on Linear TV advertisement, The box office releases and push the release off all that same content further down the line for its Disney+ releases. Unless you spike the monthly cost of Disney+ I don't see subscribers would mind that much?
But the model is to put content on and add to it so you can raise price and call it justified because of the "value added". No mind if no one wants the content they got the price up. D+ will spike

SteveAZee

Those guests could be in the category - The Millionaire Next Door. Don't judge a book by its cover.
I would think that Disney accountants would prefer that park guests eat food bought in the parks rather than bring their own whether those guests are rich or not. I don't know how difficult it would be, though, to stop people from bringing in food. Wasn't there a time when outside food and drink wasn't allowed? What changed?

celluloid

I would think that Disney accountants would prefer that park guests eat food bought in the parks rather than bring their own whether those guests are rich or not. I don't know how difficult it would be, though, to stop people from bringing in food. Wasn't there a time when outside food and drink wasn't allowed? What changed?

The joneses stopped going. They realized they could let the average guest in and still book the resteraunts.
Dietary restrictions/medical reasons etc...
There comes a point where people are not kidnapped and will just leave early or come back in to the park later after getting food cheaper elsewhere.
Non hangry people spend more money in the long run than being frustrated their hot dog and fries with no drink was 17-24 bucks.
What do you have against it so much?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom