News Bob Iger Steps Down - Bob Chapek CEO

Disney Irish

Premium Member
According to Jimmy Mountain, the park reservation system is going away. It was already planned under Chapek and was going to be announced after Thanksgiving.

So now Iger will get the credit. Lol
Well if that ends up being true then Parks fans will rejoice…. by packing the Parks shoulder-to-shoulder again.

Also remember the Flex AP with required reservations was introduced under Iger too. So who knows if he might require them for the Keys also.

mickEblu

Well if that ends up being true then Parks fans will rejoice…. by packing the Parks shoulder-to-shoulder again.

Also remember the Flex AP with required reservations was introduced under Iger too. So who knows if he might require them for the Keys also.

The parks are packed now. In fact all the reservation system did was just create artificial demand and spread out attendance. Every day just feels like it’s at 85% capacity. Pre reservation system you had some worse days but you also had better days. You could cherry pick days with low crowds

Last edited:

TP2000

How streaming works is it is an unproven business model. All these companies get more and more in debt to create content to compete with eachother, yet there hasn't been enough customers to make any of these services profittable.

The idea is they believe one day it will be profitable. It's as stupid as it sounds. Disney throwing their movies on D+ in an act of desperation was pretty bad and they repeated it 3 or 4 times.

I think you just summed up the insanity and inanity of the entire streaming business model. Thank you!

I have never been able to wrap my brain around how streaming makes anyone any money, especially when you spend $200 Million or more per film to send it to streaming. And no fanboy explanation of how it all magically works in the world of crazy California taxes and basic amortization tables has convinced me yet. I'm still waiting. And apparently Disney's Board of Directors is also still waiting.

That article did claim he was responsible for manipulating the fan community to get Iger hired as CEO and that he was also Al Lutz on Micechat.

Maybe "Utah" is codename for Lake Nona.

@TP2000 was probably working hard the last two years to get his buddy Iger back as CEO.

If you replace "neopalitan shake" in his posts about In N Out with the words "Bob Iger" you can see his cryptic plan unfolding.

If you reverse the word Utah it becomes Hatu.

If you order a Neapolitan shake at the drive-thru window at the St. George In-N-Out, it comes with two straws.

Just a little hint for you, because you're getting very warm! ;)

CaptinEO

I think you just summed up the insanity and inanity of the entire streaming business model. Thank you!

I have never been able to wrap my brain around how streaming makes anyone any money, especially when you spend $200 Million or more per film to send it to streaming. And no fanboy explanation of how it all magically works in the world of crazy California taxes and basic amortization tables has convinced me yet. I'm still waiting. And apparently Disney's Board of Directors is also still waiting.

If you order a Neapolitan shake at the drive-thru window at the St. George In-N-Out, it comes with two straws.

Now I'm getting really curious!

Californian Elitist

California is still in a Covid Emergency. Governor Newsom has stated that won't end until February, 2023 at the earliest.

Be afraid. Be afraid, and stay afraid. And make a park reservation early!
Please stop spreading false ideology behind what the COVID Emergency is. It’s not about fear, it’s about safety protocol.

You’re in Utah now. Best to keep focus on your new home than spread lies about one you don’t live in.👍🏾

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The parks are packed now. In fact all the reservation system did was just create artificial demand and spread out attendance. Every day just feels like it’s at 85% capacity. Pre reservation system you had some worse days but you also had better days. You could cherry pick days with low crowds
You hit the nail on the head about the "why", its about spreading out the attendance which was always one of the goals with any reservation system even before the pandemic. This again is why they were looking to have the Flex AP include a reservation requirement, to spread out the AP crowd. I really feel that eventually that would have trickled down to all AP levels except maybe Signature Plus.

Now whether Iger decides to drop it for now as an attempt to win back Park goers good will, dunno we'll just have to wait and see. But long term I personally see them still trying to have some type of reservations system, especially for Keys.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

According to Jimmy Mountain, the park reservation system is going away. It was already planned under Chapek and was going to be announced after Thanksgiving.

So now Iger will get the credit. Lol
Martin seems to be confirming this in the WDW forum. Unless I'm reading this post wrong.

PiratesMansion

I'm happy to be hearing what I'm hearing, but am concerned that none of those things have been "well gee, making guests use their phone to order food when they're ready to just eat now, and the fact that ordering fast food in person is broken only at our parks, seems bad 😟😟😟."

Maybe it will come later, but forced mobile order is the single most rage-inducing change that I haven't heard anything about changing yet.

Consumer

The biggest problem with the Disney Parks mobile order is the inability to customize orders. You don’t want tomato on your burger? Too bad. It’s strange because every other mobile ordering app, whether it be McDonalds, Chick Fil A, or Wendy’s, has a feature to customize.

Communicora

Premium Member
Martin seems to be confirming this in the WDW forum. Unless I'm reading this post wrong.
Hmm, that seems to describe something even worse than reservations.

"Direct reservations will go away for most - day tickets will instead be date and park based at purchase"

I wish they'd go back to a system where you can make a spontaneous decision on which park you wanted to visit.

Californian Elitist

I'm happy to be hearing what I'm hearing, but am concerned that none of those things have been "well gee, making guests use their phone to order food when they're ready to just eat now, and the fact that ordering fast food in person is broken only at our parks, seems bad 😟😟😟."

Maybe it will come later, but forced mobile order is the single most rage-inducing change that I haven't heard anything about changing yet.
100%. For me to make more than one or two trips every other year, not only would the reservation system need to be gone, but also Genie+ and most definitely mobile ordering. Mobile ordering was the biggest thing that irked me during my recent trip.

Phroobar

I don't even know what that is from so not sure what you're getting at.

But I think she is talented, I thought she was good on Agents of Shield. Also she isn't a child actress anymore if that was what you were implying, she is 26 and has a pretty successful music career.
It is from her latest show Schmigadoon. A couple while backpacking discover a town where everyone acts like they are in a classic musical. It's on Apple TV+. Personally her singing makes my ears hurt.

CaptinEO

Hmm, that seems to describe something even worse than reservations.

"Direct reservations will go away for most - day tickets will instead be date and park based at purchase"

I wish they'd go back to a system where you can make a spontaneous decision on which park you wanted to visit.
Since ticket pricing is based on tiers I can see why this would be the case.

I'm so glad if this turns out to be true, at least for a lot of my extended family I've been the ticket buyer for them. They just want to show up and go to the ticket booths.

If they get rid of reservations for APs I will absolutely get one.

CaptinEO

Everything I've read, be it Netflix, HBO,
Hulu, Peacock, Disney +, just shows these companies getting in debt. With the technology of course its just a high start up cost then regular maintenance budget, but the big cost is the content.

All the networks make bigger and better shows and movies to compete with eachother all for a potential consumer base that will never exist because there is so much competition.

Communicora

Premium Member
Since ticket pricing is based on tiers I can see why this would be the case.

I'm so glad if this turns out to be true, at least for a lot of my extended family I've been the ticket buyer for them. They just want to show up and go to the ticket booths.

If they get rid of reservations for APs I will absolutely get one.
Yes, I forgot I was in the Disneyland part of the forum. It will absolutely be better on the west coast. It doesn't really improve things much for a typical WDW vacation.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
they aren’t really getting rid of the reservation system according to the @wdwmagic article.

Tickets will be dated. Each day will have some sort of determined ticket supply. Once tickets sell out, capacity is locked. You need to arrive on that date, for the park you bought tickets for.

It’s basically simplifying the system. Instead of anyone with a ticket going after any date on the calendar.

The other piece is that they are apparently removing the park hopping restriction for ticketholders.

But it’s also said AP holders will still have to reserve their days in advance, and will also possibly still have a time restriction for park hopping.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It is from her latest show Schmigadoon. A couple while backpacking discover a town where everyone acts like they are in a classic musical. It's on Apple TV+. Personally her singing makes my ears hurt.
I'll have to check it out.

I like her music, but I like most pop/top-40 music so no surprise.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
they aren’t really getting rid of the reservation system according to the @wdwmagic article.

Tickets will be dated. Each day will have some sort of determined ticket supply. Once tickets sell out, capacity is locked. You need to arrive on that date, for the park you bought tickets for.

It’s basically simplifying the system. Instead of anyone with a ticket going after any date on the calendar.

The other piece is that they are apparently removing the park hopping restriction for ticketholders.

But it’s also said AP holders will still have to reserve their days in advance, and will also possibly still have a time restriction for park hopping.
As I suspected they might do, there is basically no going back from a reservation based system after they see all the benefits and get the Park goers used to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom