News Bob Iger Steps Down - Bob Chapek CEO

SuddenStorm

Disneyland has a lot of dark times. Before the Iger dark times, there was Pressler/Harris dark times from 1997-2004. Disneyland only had two years of sunshine.

Ha!

2005-2015 was pretty good. Disneyland proper was left mostly unchanged, and for the most part improved. DCA got a ton of investment that helped make it a decent half day park. I lament the loss of the original Star Tours during this time, as well as the original snowman in the Matterhorn, but otherwise things were pretty good.

2016 on are huge mixed bag, with mostly misses. In my opinion.

CaptinEO

Disneyland has a lot of dark times. Before the Iger dark times, there was Pressler/Harris dark times from 1997-2004. Disneyland only had two years of sunshine.
Not saying all of Iger was dark times, but the amount of news organizations and fans talking about how Iger was disgusted with Chapek's price increases for tickets and foods was just plain hilarious.

The 50th was a really great time for Disney! That's when I was a teenager and went from being a visitor to being a fan.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some companies…Apple…are up a staggering 47% for the year…

…some…are down 0.02% for the year…and on a “high week”

1688128359569.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
One aspect Apple has got down to a science is making their products at a breakneck pace with low labor costs. In the early 1990s there was a business article on the Death of Apple who is worth currently $1T.
Apple was dead…gates outmaneuvered jobs in the market cause he knew his ego made him vulnerable.

But the software yielded the market to the “machine”

And griping aside - apple has always pulled off more reliable machines that are more than the sum of their parts

Last edited:

Phroobar

Apple was dead…gates outmaneuvered jobs in the market cause he knew his ego made him vulnerable.

But the software yielded the market to the “machine”

And griping aside - apple has always pulled off more reliable machines that are more than the sum of their parts
I miss Steve Job's NeXT computer. That thing was killed too soon.
iu

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Disney's National Geographic also just laid off all of their remaining staff writers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom